IL Broken Pension - Let the Guy Retire and Then Rehire a day later

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
The village allows the Chief to retire so he could start collecting a SIX FIGURE PENSION (no private sector worker in the state gets a six figure pension and 98% of the private sector workers don't even get a pension) and then hire him back a day later to a "DIFFERENT TITLED BUT SAME JOB" for $136K!!!

Pension: $100K
New Salary $136K
Tax Payer getting screwed to the tune of $236K!!!

Are you kidding me!!! This state is so broke, they crammed down one of the highest income taxes on the middle class in the country and the deficit STILL rose. The CORRUPT DEMOCRATS can't get pension reform even though it was needed since the 90s! Those corrupt democrats are too big of PUSSIES to take on the UNIONS!!!!!!!!

Therefore, corrupt BULLSHIT like this happens.

Retired, rehired Addison chief gets pay and pension - DailyHerald.com
In an effort to keep the village's top cop in place, the village board is allowing Hayden to retire as police chief but continue as the village's director of police, a newly created civilian position. While Hayden loses most of his official policing powers, he is expected to gain more than $100,000 a year from pension benefits.

Village officials are pleased with the plan, and it was approved by the village board Monday night, but critics are calling it an example of “double dipping.”

Hayden did not return calls to his office and home seeking comment about the move.

Addison Mayor Larry Hartwig said the village will pay Hayden more than $136,000 a year in his new role, a dip from his chief's salary of $140,911.

I know a retired AF mechanic who got a civilian job working on the very same F-16's he maintained while in the service!

What was the guy supposed to do? Refuse the job?

As long as there was no cronyism involved or any other laws broken I see no problem with it.

In California they are called annuitants.

Fixed it..neener!

Last edited:
Its called double dipping and it happens all across the Country.

Hell. Some of the folks I work with are double dipping.

I know a retired AF mechanic who got a civilian job working on the very same F-16's he maintained while in the service!

As long as there was no cronyism involved or any other laws broken I see no problem with it.

Tend to agree with this. The problem isn't that the guy is still working and contributing. The problem is he was able to retire TOO EARLY -- with TOO MUCH in benefits.

I actually believe it would be cheaper to move PHYSICALLY demanding jobs (fire, police, road crews) into office jobs for ages 50 to 65, then to keep an age 50 or 55 retirement benefit. Move their jobs -- but don't let them retire at 50 or 55 with almost full pensions.

That's just ASKING for this kind of outrage..

Dead on, Doc.

The problem is the officials who rubber stamp the laws, and regs.

First, this is all public sector!
Second, I don't blame the guy as much as I blame the system. The guy retired to get a pension and then a new position with the same job requirements were created the next day! How do you not have a problem with that? Especially when the out-of-control IL pensions are BANKRUPTING the state.

The village allows the Chief to retire so he could start collecting a SIX FIGURE PENSION (no private sector worker in the state gets a six figure pension and 98% of the private sector workers don't even get a pension) and then hire him back a day later to a "DIFFERENT TITLED BUT SAME JOB" for $136K!!!

Pension: $100K
New Salary $136K
Tax Payer getting screwed to the tune of $236K!!!

Are you kidding me!!! This state is so broke, they crammed down one of the highest income taxes on the middle class in the country and the deficit STILL rose. The CORRUPT DEMOCRATS can't get pension reform even though it was needed since the 90s! Those corrupt democrats are too big of PUSSIES to take on the UNIONS!!!!!!!!

Therefore, corrupt BULLSHIT like this happens.

Retired, rehired Addison chief gets pay and pension - DailyHerald.com
In an effort to keep the village's top cop in place, the village board is allowing Hayden to retire as police chief but continue as the village's director of police, a newly created civilian position. While Hayden loses most of his official policing powers, he is expected to gain more than $100,000 a year from pension benefits.

Village officials are pleased with the plan, and it was approved by the village board Monday night, but critics are calling it an example of “double dipping.”

Hayden did not return calls to his office and home seeking comment about the move.

Addison Mayor Larry Hartwig said the village will pay Hayden more than $136,000 a year in his new role, a dip from his chief's salary of $140,911.

Remember the dems of calif and the close to seven figure salaries they plagued a small city with...

One day America might find an honest democrat. But I would definitely not hold my breath.

In South Africa 1 in 4 men admitted to raping at least one woman in the past 12 months! Since rape is so prevalent in SA, does that make it OK?

abyss2hope: Study: 1 in 4 South Africa Men Admit Having Committed Rape

Nope its not right but not illegal.

Until the powers that be make it illegal it will continue to happen.

In South Africa 1 in 4 men admitted to raping at least one woman in the past 12 months! Since rape is so prevalent in SA, does that make it OK?

abyss2hope: Study: 1 in 4 South Africa Men Admit Having Committed Rape

Nope its not right but not illegal.

Until the powers that be make it illegal it will continue to happen.

It's not that simple. IL has the second WORST budget deficit in the US! For over a decade the Pensions have been bankrupting out. The Democrats kicked the can down the road and borrowed money to cover them. Now no one wants to lend to IL and the Democrats still won't do anything. That so called temporary income tax increase on the middle class didn't do squat!

Forum List

Back