Ikea stores

Ah, so nothing with 100,000,0000 pieces and two-step directions featuring some faceless, androgynous figure and no words in English?
As one who has put together a shit-ton of furniture in my lifetime, I have to say that Ikea's stuff is among the less painful to put together.

Evidently...

ikea.jpg
See, they have directions for the mechanically uninclined like me! :D

Don't be fooled! That all comes as a big bag full of wood chips and pulp and you have to assemble your own particle board just to get to that step!

I went to an Ikea store today for the first time, and man, I could spend a quick few thousand in there if I had the money! :D

Have any of you ever been to one of them? For anyone who's not familiar, it's a huge home furnishing/decorating store with Euro-style stuff, and the prices (imo) are fantastic. They have many "rooms" set up in different styles, and have a couple of entire apartment layouts. The coolest one (imo) was a 270-ish square foot apartment. Total living space was under 300 sq feet, and it was an amazing use of space and utility. I was quite impressed at how functional and cozy such a small space could be. If I ever build another house, I know where I'm going for ideas and stuff to put in it! :D

Ikea is Swedish for "ugly furniture"......... :eusa_whistle:

I was going to ask how much stock she just bought in the company. ;) :D

What I hate about IKEA most, is that you cannot even believe the exit signs, they lead you through the maze like a rat, not missing a display. That truly is lame. Some stuff is decent, some okay, some self destructs. If you move allot, consider that some of the product is not made to be reassembled too many times. :):):)

New Topics

Forum List

Back