Ignoring threads or forums

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Can we have a function where "new posts" or "active topics" in certain forums can be only seen if one goes to the front page and scrolls to it (the forum)? I would dearly love to put the Obama Try This Again thread on iggie. Which means....Badlands in particular.

Just askin'.

I always click New Posts. And only New Posts. I am so tired of seeing the Obama Try It Again thread.

The thing is...

... it's such a busy thread...

... it keeps poppin' up in New Posts alla time.
Which is why it should not show up on New Posts or Active Topics. It's in the basement. All basement forums should stay there and not appear on NP or AT. Those folks stick to that one thread. So let them bookmark it from down there and they can go directly to it while the rest of us are given a break from having to see it alla time.

Can we have a function where "new posts" or "active topics" in certain forums can be only seen if one goes to the front page and scrolls to it (the forum)? I would dearly love to put the Obama Try This Again thread on iggie. Which means....Badlands in particular.

Just askin'.

Can't just exercise some discipline and visually ignore them already? I ignore lots of threads just skippnig over them with my eyes like. Same with alerts from certain people.

I vote to be able to put particular threads on ignore as well. That one is first on the list, its just an annoyance added to other annoyances.

Just askin'.

I was wondering if Badland and Flame zone threads could just burn up after three days.

I vote to be able to put particular threads on ignore as well. That one is first on the list, its just an annoyance added to other annoyances.
Did you ever stop to think it might be an annoyance to the tech to make all these DAILY trivial change issues?
Did it ever occur to you that those "trivial" changes would improve the board and make the people that inhabit it, happier? Isn't that your goal here? To "change" things and "promote"? No people, no board.
Besides, it was just a question. I don't expect it of them at all but I do want them to muse on it.

Forum List

Back