Ignored Users

Another - and main - reason I put any user on Ignore is their constant use of profanity and gutter language.

I can see putting someone on ignore because that particular person might be just a dishonest troll and not interested in discussing the REAL issues (of which there are many). However, why would you join a political forum if you are too sensitive to deal with opposing viewpoints? If your ignore list has more than a handful of people on it, I would think you might be too sensitive and easily offended to be a member of a political debate website. :itsok:
I think you discount the number of trolls that are attracted to political message boards.

Well, you can always just not respond to their posts. I do that a lot of times too, but I think I sometimes enjoy the arguing because I will argue with them and sometimes troll them back. :D
I'd prefer not to see them at all.

Another - and main - reason I put any user on Ignore is their constant use of profanity and gutter language.

Yeah? Would you kindly share your iggy list so I can see if that is an accurate statement?
Who I have on ignore is none of your business.

Yeah....I figured you say that. There is no way that you ignore anyone who constantly uses profanity and gutter language.

I swear.....if USMB nutters are typing.......they are likely lying.

I can see putting someone on ignore because that particular person might be just a dishonest troll and not interested in discussing the REAL issues (of which there are many). However, why would you join a political forum if you are too sensitive to deal with opposing viewpoints? If your ignore list has more than a handful of people on it, I would think you might be too sensitive and easily offended to be a member of a political debate website. :itsok:
I think you discount the number of trolls that are attracted to political message boards.

Well, you can always just not respond to their posts. I do that a lot of times too, but I think I sometimes enjoy the arguing because I will argue with them and sometimes troll them back. :D
I'd prefer not to see them at all.

Certain ones, I agree. :)

It looks like the ignored users feature has been changed so that people we ignore now show up in a thread, but the content of their posts is blocked the same way it was on the old board. Personally, I preferred it the other way where users we ignore completely disappear as if they don't exist at all. Anybody agree?

I found out today that if you have someone on ignore, their posts are flushed from your screen even when someone else quotes them.

Pretty cool. That's the way it should be. The former format showed quoted posts of people on ignore.

For that reason, putting someone on ignore sometimes confuses the reading of the thread. I'd rather just scroll right over their posts and not reply to them....see them in peripheral view without focusing on what they write...so to speak.

troll2.jpg

Forum List

Back