Ignored Users

On the other hand, things can't change unless we speak up. Thanks for being a good sport Kennedy.
Well I can handle a little hazing, but it looks like I'm the only one who feels this way about the ignore feature so I'll pipe down about it.

Sorry. I was busy whining about something that at that moment was more important to me.

Regarding the ignore feature? Let me personalize it.

If people want to ignore me, then they should have every recourse to not read me. I'm not sure if that extends to reading that I'm even here, or that I've posted something to someone else. Acknowledgement of the person's being in the discussion is not the same as wanting to ignore what they say. Not wanting to see their avatars, know they are on the forum, etc. Well, that just seems a bit quirky to me, but like I said, I ignore by scrolling past.

:dunno:
Maybe it is quirky, I don't know. For me, however, if I see somebody that I've ignored has posted, then the urge to find out what they've said hits me and the ignoring them becomes pointless. If, however, I never even see that they've posted, I quickly forget that they even exist.

In other words, I want the board to cater to my inability to control myself when it comes to the act of ignoring somebody. Thus the whining.

I have four or five people on ignore. Some are gone, like shaman but others, not so much. Why anyone wouldn't have franco-loonybin on ignore is beyond me. Anyway, I don't see them or their posts. At all.

On the other hand, things can't change unless we speak up. Thanks for being a good sport Kennedy.
Well I can handle a little hazing, but it looks like I'm the only one who feels this way about the ignore feature so I'll pipe down about it.

Sorry. I was busy whining about something that at that moment was more important to me.

If people want to ignore me, then they should have every recourse to not read me. I'm not sure if that extends to reading that I'm even here, or that I've posted something to someone else. Acknowledgement of the person's being in the discussion is not the same as wanting to ignore what they say. Not wanting to see their avatars, know they are on the forum, etc. Well, that just seems a bit quirky to me, but like I said, I ignore by scrolling past.

Maybe it is quirky, I don't know. For me, however, if I see somebody that I've ignored has posted, then the urge to find out what they've said hits me and the ignoring them becomes pointless. If, however, I never even see that they've posted, I quickly forget that they even exist.

In other words, I want the board to cater to my inability to control myself when it comes to the act of ignoring somebody. Thus the whining.

:lol: :thup:

Thanks for my oy vey of the day.

That actually makes sense to me. If I had anyone on ignore, I'd be the same way. Do you happen to be a bit OCDish, too? I am.

I have two posters on ignore (rdean and guno). Their posts don't show up in threads and the only time I see them is on the main page side bar that shows "Active Topics".

I love it! Thank You USMB Admin!

I have two posters on ignore (rdean and guno). Their posts don't show up in threads and the only time I see them is on the main page side bar that shows "Active Topics".

It's weird to me, but only one person that I have on ignore, the most recent person, pops up in threads, and it's not always. It seems like if this person is the last person to have posted in a thread I'll see their name come up with the content of their post blocked, but when somebody else posts, or if I post, then they disappear.

I automatically ignore any lazy poster who doesn't cut down the quotes to a reasonable level. :eusa_angel:
No need to do that anymore. Multiple quotes within quotes are now collapsed by the software. You can expand then if you please.

Thanks for the honesty.

You are doing a great job of ignoring them.
Maybe you didn't notice the title of this thread: "Ignored Users"?

I noticed. How many times do you suppose you have mentioned the names RDean and Guno since you put them on iggy? Lots of USMB nutters are obsessed with RDean. He practically owns a dozen souls here.

This place has Steve. McGarrett, ShootSpeeders, Rikwhatshisname and Rotagilla.................and you ignore only those two?

Ignoring someone means not thinking of them, chief. You just can't do it.

I can see putting someone on ignore because that particular person might be just a dishonest troll and not interested in discussing the REAL issues (of which there are many). However, why would you join a political forum if you are too sensitive to deal with opposing viewpoints? If your ignore list has more than a handful of people on it, I would think you might be too sensitive and easily offended to be a member of a political debate website. :itsok:

I can see putting someone on ignore because that particular person might be just a dishonest troll and not interested in discussing the REAL issues (of which there are many). However, why would you join a political forum if you are too sensitive to deal with opposing viewpoints? If your ignore list has more than a handful of people on it, I would think you might be too sensitive and easily offended to be a member of a political debate website. :itsok:
I think you discount the number of trolls that are attracted to political message boards.

I think you discount the number of trolls that are attracted to political message boards.

Well, you can always just not respond to their posts. I do that a lot of times too, but I think I sometimes enjoy the arguing because I will argue with them and sometimes troll them back. :D

Forum List

Back