Ignored Users

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
It looks like the ignored users feature has been changed so that people we ignore now show up in a thread, but the content of their posts is blocked the same way it was on the old board. Personally, I preferred it the other way where users we ignore completely disappear as if they don't exist at all. Anybody agree?

I dunno. I've never used the feature. I can ignore people all by myself!!

I remember someone misunderstanding a nested quote string and thinking poster b was talking to them because poster a was on ignore thus not in the nested quote at all. Perhaps it was causing confusion? That's the only thing I can think of.

We should do polls on some features to see what most people prefer. 1 week thread to debate it, pros and cons, what unintended consequences might be, etc. Then a week for members x old or older to vote. Then, the site can just be turned over to me and I will be sure to keep the peons ... unwashed ... masses ... I mean constituents happy. :D

I remember someone misunderstanding a nested quote string and thinking poster b was talking to them because poster a was on ignore thus not in the nested quote at all. Perhaps it was causing confusion? That's the only thing I can think of.

We should do polls on some features to see what most people prefer. 1 week thread to debate it, pros and cons, what unintended consequences might be, etc. Then a week for members x old or older to vote. Then, the site can just be turned over to me and I will be sure to keep the peons ... unwashed ... masses ... I mean constituents happy. :D
I know I did that once, which made me look like quite the idiot. Still, I'd prefer that over having to see people that aren't worth seeing.

On the other hand, things can't change unless we speak up. Thanks for being a good sport Kennedy.

On the other hand, things can't change unless we speak up. Thanks for being a good sport Kennedy.
Well I can handle a little hazing, but it looks like I'm the only one who feels this way about the ignore feature so I'll pipe down about it.

Well I can handle a little hazing, but it looks like I'm the only one who feels this way about the ignore feature so I'll pipe down about it.

Sorry. I was busy whining about something that at that moment was more important to me.

Regarding the ignore feature? Let me personalize it.

If people want to ignore me, then they should have every recourse to not read me. I'm not sure if that extends to reading that I'm even here, or that I've posted something to someone else. Acknowledgement of the person's being in the discussion is not the same as wanting to ignore what they say. Not wanting to see their avatars, know they are on the forum, etc. Well, that just seems a bit quirky to me, but like I said, I ignore by scrolling past.

:dunno:

Forum List

Back