Ignore list...tell us

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Today I found the first post that I was not allowed to access. I think it's kind of funny that someone would go to the trouble to prevent a nice guy like me from commenting on his posts. Are there more? I think the forum should let us know when someone puts us on his ignore list.

You can access any thread whether you are on ignore or not. Unless the thread has been pulled.

Maybe so but I got a message when I clicked on the post by "9-11 inside job" that I could not access the original post. Maybe I can still comment but it is kind of strange that I can't see the original post.

Maybe so but I got a message when I clicked on the post by "9-11 inside job" that I could not access the original post. Maybe I can still comment but it is kind of strange that I can't see the original post.

Sounds like the post was deleted.

Someone else placing you on ignore will not prevent you from seeing their posts.

If you got a message saying that you could not access a thread, it's probably because that thread was trashed.

Someone placing you on ignore prevents THEM from seeing YOUR posts. It does not affect your ability to see theirs.

OK I'll figure it out. My second point is that it would be interesting if the forum moderators informed us when we were placed on the dreaded "ignore list" by other members. I'd go further and maybe require a reason for the information bigotry. It might go further in creating bipartisan relationships. Yeah right.

whitehall wrote: I think the forum should let us know when someone puts us on his ignore list.

You can't access the post because you put the poster on your ignore list...

... to view the post, go to your ignore list and take them off...

... you will then be able to view the post.
:cool:

OK I'll figure it out. My second point is that it would be interesting if the forum moderators informed us when we were placed on the dreaded "ignore list" by other members. I'd go further and maybe require a reason for the information bigotry. It might go further in creating bipartisan relationships. Yeah right.

:wtf:

Today I found the first post that I was not allowed to access. I think it's kind of funny that someone would go to the trouble to prevent a nice guy like me from commenting on his posts. Are there more? I think the forum should let us know when someone puts us on his ignore list.

I think you have the wrong impression of how "ignore" works. When you put someone on ignore, you are not able to see their posts (unless you really want to and you click on the "view post" option). If you do view it, then of course you would be able to respond to that person's post.

If someone has you on ignore, they can't see your posts, but you can see theirs. And it works the same for them as far as being able to view your post if they really want to.

There is no way of knowing that the person has you on ignore, but if you PM them or @mention them, and they respond to you and tell you not to pm or @mention them again because they have you on ignore, you best not do that again, because they have warned you and if you do it again, they can report you and it is considered harassment. They have to produce the PM where they warned you, though....so, if you put someone on ignore because they are pestering you, be sure and send them a PM telling them you have put them on ignore and then, make sure you keep that PM.

whitehall wrote: I think the forum should let us know when someone puts us on his ignore list.

You can't access the post because you put the poster on your ignore list...

... to view the post, go to your ignore list and take them off...

... you will then be able to view the post.
:cool:

You don't have to take them off ignore to view their post. There is (on the right hand corner of where their post would be) a "view post" option.

I can think of at least three people on here who felt the need to declare to me that I have been placed on their "ignore" list.

Forum List

Back