Ignore IQ Tests: Your Level of Intelligence Is Not Fixed for Life

My scores vary from 115-132, depending on the test; no, not fixed for life. I did better on the "pattern recognition" by concentrating the second time I took one, online. I discount online tests, was tested several times 1st-12th grade, always for the "gifted" program, such as it was near Navy bases and later in a poor, rural area of Florida. (The 115 was my first "culture fair" test.)

You've just internally refuted your point. Your score will vary between tests because they're not cross-validated to each other. Most IQ tests ARE cross validated. Some tests which only partially capture IQ are not. This in no way supports your conclusion that what you've experienced is evidence of IQ not being fixed.

There is some movement, but IQ is very stable across life. You've jumped an entire standard deviation and that's not real variation.

Hold it, you're talking about online tests? Those are garbage. Wise to dismiss them.

Only the the "culture fair"; as I wrote, others were adminstered for "gifted" programs. In person, most one on one. I would concede the range may be fixed, but there so many tests, measuring different types of intelligence, I do not place much weight on them; anyone who can rebuild a transmission is a genius to me.

The professionally administered tests are cross validated against each other. After all the result has to actually mean something. Those different types of intelligence are Gardener's Multiple Intelligences and they're hokum because they all correlate to something called the general factor, which is popularly known as IQ.

IQ tests are not perfect but they are the SINGLE BEST predictor of outcomes of all metrics that can be measured. Single BEST. The military has found that IQ better predicts performance in a task than amount of training and length of experience. You should place a lot of weight on outcomes like that.

When the quotes get this long, it's time to quit the thread. :9:

Let me help everyone else with the translation - when your thesis gets shot down, don't stick around to learn new things, just skedaddle and so keep alive your false beliefs.

You are so filled with male bovine excrement that it's unbelievable!

People who are too lazy to edit posts so as to reduce the tiresome act of scrolling down page after page to get to the comment were my complaint. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

When the quotes get this long, it's time to quit the thread. :9:

Let me help everyone else with the translation - when your thesis gets shot down, don't stick around to learn new things, just skedaddle and so keep alive your false beliefs.

You are so filled with male bovine excrement that it's unbelievable!

People who are too lazy to edit posts so as to reduce the tiresome act of scrolling down page after page to get to the comment were my complaint. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

I apologize for my mistake.

Forum List

Back