Ignorance at its best.....

This is an absolutely true story.

Years ago, I was enrolled at Roosevelt University in Chicago. One day, I decided to go to the grant and scholarship office to see if there were anything available that I could apply for.

The woman that worked there, 350 lbs if she was an ounce, said in a very loud voice, "Do you know what your problem is? You are too young, too old, too single, too male, too white and you make too------- much------- money." And then she burst out guffawing along with two other enormous women that worked in the same office. I just turned and walked away. I considered filing a complaint, but decided it was "too much effort".

That was too funny.....not.

I was told in a round about way that I couldn't get a scholarship because I wasn't the right race. [Black or member of a Native American tribe]

That's one of a few nice ways of avoiding telling someone they don't mentally qualify. The ironic part is that is often proven by repeating it.

Yeah...well fuck you too.

That's one of a few nice ways of avoiding telling someone they don't mentally qualify. The ironic part is that is often proven by repeating it.

:eusa_whistle:
*****wonders if MW will get this*****

She never even took the time to look at my SATs or my transcripts.

I suppose one must have gotten a shit load of good grades in high school to qualify for a scholarship. Otherwise I wouldn't be looking for one.

Problem is I chose to serve before I went to school. I attended school after I served in the military and did alright. At the time my GPA was pretty good. I already had 80 credit hours under my belt when I made the inquiry. So seeing as how my intelligence wasn't the issue I don't think you or Curve knows what he's talking about.

Rotfl! It usually takes about 120 chrs for a BA so yeah.....if you waited to apply for a scholarship after well over halfway being done......ugh....enough said.

So race issues are synonymous with bashing black people now? There are so many neo nazi outlets dedicated to just that you'd think these type of people would be less frequent here. The quality of this section is ass.

This thread seems to be about ignorance.

Nowhere on this thread have I seen anyone suggest that:

a) white people can not be equally as ignorant as this woman was

b) all black people are as ignorant as this woman was

So race issues are synonymous with bashing black people now? There are so many neo nazi outlets dedicated to just that you'd think these type of people would be less frequent here. The quality of this section is ass.

The clear majority of the threads on the first page are white supremacy centered which makes sense because whenever those dumbasses see "Race Relations" that is code for "White is Right!" and if you don't know their mission is to provide free education. Sure, they have their stormfronts all over the web but what fun is it for racists to troll a racist board? It's much more fun for them to practice being parasites in as many places as possible.

I'm not exactly sure what the correlation is but stupid, selfish and rude are a fairly common bundle of personality traits.

I suppose one must have gotten a shit load of good grades in high school to qualify for a scholarship. Otherwise I wouldn't be looking for one.

[Problem is I chose to serve before I went to school. I attended school after I served in the military and did alright. At the time my GPA was pretty good. I already had 80 credit hours under my belt when I made the inquiry. So seeing as how my intelligence wasn't the issue I don't think you or Curve knows what he's talking about.

Rotfl! It usually takes about 120 chrs for a BA so yeah.....if you waited to apply for a scholarship after well over halfway being done......ugh....enough said.

I'm not your normal case. I had the G.I. bill when I was in school. I went to school in Southern California but went back into the military before finishing because I was broke. Hard to pay your bills when you only make $4/hr.

After retirement I went to Austin Peay here in Clarksville and asked them what the scholarship options were there. They showed me that there were no options for any group that didn't fall into their protected classes. Income of the parents was an option but my income wasn't. Race was...and only specific ethnic groups were given an option. It's all part of the Afirmative Action program......or whatever program they want to call it now.

Some years ago at a major university out west I was hired to teach minority students courses in expository writing. Most of my students were African-American. They were part of a "bridge program" at the university that allowed "provisional" students (those whose entrance scores were sub par) to demonstrate within a year that they could handle the academic regimen at the school.

I realized that most of the students had been accepted through an affirmative action policy,...

Every one of my colleagues teaching in the same writing program was convinced that race, not achievement, was the basis for a minority student's self-esteem. This ideology pervaded the mentality of the entire staff -- black and white -- from the lowliest tutors to the director of the writing program. Students were persuaded by their progressive instructors to explore only one topic in their writing: white oppression. In fact, of the hundreds of essays and drafts that I read I cannot remember one essay that managed to stray from the central theme: minority = oppressed, white = oppressor.

There was one class period that I will never forget. During a break in my lecture I asked several of the students what they intended to choose as a major. Some of the students said "sociology" while others said "ethnic studies" or "communications." When I asked if anyone wanted to choose "engineering" as a major a student in the back of the room loudly declared that engineering was a "white" profession. When my jaw nearly hit the floor most of the students burst out in laughter. I had never heard anything like this. I quickly recovered however and quietly told myself that for the remainder of the class I was now going to play the student. I wanted to let these black kids teach me something I'd probably never forget.

For the next twenty minutes I stood at the chalkboard writing down the names of common professions. Next to the profession I let the students direct me to writing either "white" or "black" based on their perception of "correct" life choices for people of color. There was raucous laughter and the students were at the edge of their seats proclaiming their judgments in near unison. Mathematician? White. Architect? White. Athlete? Black. Musician? Black. Engineer? White. Chemist? White. Physicist? White. Journalist? (this one caused some confusion) Teacher? Black. Economist?White. Business? White.

After we had covered the board with our list, I asked the students to consider the possibility of crossing over to one of the "white" professions. The response was unanimous: such a compromise would render the student an "Oreo." The students believed that a black engineer, for example, was black on the outside but unfortunately white on the inside.

American Thinker: Eric Holder's Tragic Prison

What does offering financial aid to someone who doesn't academically qualify do?

It wastes money but it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

President Obama and Michelle told listeners earlier this year that to make a profit in any endeavor is not admirable....but helping YOUR PEOPLE or the poor in general is. This is something a friend of mine related to me a couple of months ago. Blacks have an obligation to help the rest of black society when they become successful. I told my friend that nobody is obligated to help anyone. They can do so if they choose to but they aren't forced to....to which my friend responded that "It's different in the black community. You're expected to help poor blacks out if you become wealthy".

It's a nice thought but it doesn't help the way some would think. The president and the First Lady seem to discourage success in their own race.

Why don't they want the poor to have the same exact opportunities they had growing up and use it to their full advantage? This may not have been their purpose...but that is the result of their implications. Barrack Obama took advantage of his ethnicity and now he's President and for some strange reason he's rich as shit now. But leave it up to him nobody else should be able to do the same exact thing.

He's a role-model know but I'm afraid he's not a good one at that. He needs to tell them that he used hard work to get where he is but not live life expecting a handout. That should be what he emphasized. Unfortunately that doesn't sound good to a Liberal's ears. That sounds cruel and selfish to them.

He also told them not to be bankers and such but be community organizers. What's wrong with being a banker? Well everyone knows those guys are just a bunch of "Fat Cats". They're all old white guys that hold blacks down.

What a racist bastard this Obama fucker is.

Last edited:

Problem is I chose to serve before I went to school. I attended school after I served in the military and did alright. At the time my GPA was pretty good. I already had 80 credit hours under my belt when I made the inquiry. So seeing as how my intelligence wasn't the issue I don't think you or Curve knows what he's talking about.

Like I said before....the woman didn't look at my information....

Black lady pushing black scholarships....whitey....wrong race......NEXT!!!!

You're a shitball. At first you said:

"I suppose one must have gotten a shit load of good grades in high school to qualify for a scholarship. Otherwise I wouldn't be looking for one.

[Problem is I chose to serve before I went to school. I attended school after I served in the military and did alright.]"

Then you say you went to school then the military then back to school. It's extra funny when dumbasses who make up stories about AA can't even keep their own lies straight. Once again you prove your race had NOTHING to do with it. Then you cite Kait's article and don't have the first fucking clue what it means.

"I suppose one must have gotten a shit load of good grades in high school to qualify for a scholarship. Otherwise I wouldn't be looking for one.

[Problem is I chose to serve before I went to school. I attended school after I served in the military and did alright.]"

Then you say you went to school then the military then back to school. It's extra funny when dumbasses who make up stories about AA can't even keep their own lies straight. Once again you prove your race had NOTHING to do with it. Then you cite Kait's article and don't have the first fucking clue what it means.

I'm afraid you're guilty of reading way too much into this.

Course a Left-nut like you can't help doing that.

When I retired I looked about the age of your average post graduate. I've got a baby-face...or used to....so I don't think she assumed I was in my 30s.

I wanted to inquire into funding to continue my education. She showed me several programs but for some strange reason I had to be a member of a certain ethnic group to take advantage of any of them. My experience was similar to the OP only not so obvious.

I made nothing up. So why don't you sit on your thumb and rotate.

Last edited:

When I retired I looked about the age of your average post graduate. I've got a baby-face...or used to....so I don't think she assumed I was in my 30s.

I wanted to inquire into funding to continue my education. She showed me several programs but for some strange reason I had to be a member of a certain ethnic group to take advantage of any of them. My experience was similar to the OP only not so obvious.

Believe me, you don't have a single post with the depth required for reading "too much" at all. You point blank said you chose to serve before going to school then completely changed your story. No wonder you dumasses need sites like stormfront.

Believe me, you don't have a single post with the depth required for reading "too much" at all. You point blank said you chose to serve before going to school then completely changed your story. No wonder you dumasses need sites like stormfront.

I didn't change my story...you just jumped to conclusions.

I later filled in the blanks for you.

Sorry if I didn't spell everything out to you from the start.

However it's funny how a left-nut like you jumps so easily to the wrong conclusion and assumes the worst....by alluding to a possible rejection on academic grounds.

But then again it's no real surprise because fucks like you love to feel you're intellectually superior to others anyway.

However it's funny how a left-nut like you jumps so easily to the wrong conclusion and assumes the worst....by alluding to a possible rejection on academic grounds.

But then again it's no real surprise because fucks like you love to feel you're intellectually superior to others anyway.

Jumped to conclusions? Lol....this is what you said:

"[Problem is I chose to serve before I went to school. I attended school after I served in the military and did alright.]"

You dumbass liar.

"[Problem is I chose to serve before I went to school. I attended school after I served in the military and did alright.]"

You dumbass liar.

So what is it that makes you draw that conclusion?

Is it the fact that I'm a conservative....is that why I'm stupid?

Or is it the fact that I served in the military....does that make me unintelligent as well?

What is it about my story that makes you feel that I'm an idiot?

Was it because I never intended on going to college in high school so I didn't enter the proper preparatory programs to earn a scholarship? So as a result I never received an offer? But later I changed my mind after serving my country? Does that make me a fucken idiot as well...

Maybe it does. I guess I could blame my parents for not giving me the right direction or I could blame any number of people for my problems. But instead I chose not to.

However what I found once I started going to school was that it was a money mill dominated by smug elitist fuckwads. You spend more time teaching yourself then being taught. So excuse me if I don't revere the institution of higher learning like some. I learned more living life then I ever learned at a University.

You dumbass liar.

Or is it the fact that I served in the military....does that make me unintelligent as well?

Was it because I never intended on going to college in high school so I didn't enter the proper preparatory programs to earn a scholarship? So as a result I never received an offer? But later I changed my mind after serving my country? Does that make me a fucken idiot as well...

Maybe it does. I guess I could blame my parents for not giving me the right direction or I could blame any number of people for my problems. But instead I chose not to.

However what I found once I started going to school was that it was a money mill dominated by smug elitist fuckwads. You spend more time teaching yourself then being taught. So excuse me if I don't revere the institution of higher learning like some. I learned more living life then I ever learned at a University.

You're an idiot because you said:

Then pretended you did not say that.....I don't give a fuck how long you keep dancing to your own bullshit.....see ya.

You dumbass liar.

You're an idiot because you said:

Then pretended you did not say that.....I don't give a fuck how long you keep dancing to your own bullshit.....see ya.

Fortunately I didn't pretend anything.

Personally I don't know where you're getting this from...

No, I'm sorry...I DO KNOW!!!!

At any rate...I've only given you a part of the full story and that would take too much time to explain and besides....a prick like you wouldn't care anyway.

Last edited:
Let's face it..poor white kids don't have PACs that brow-beat the status-quo into allowing them to enter college with SATs lower the 900.

What's the limit now? 700 for black students????

Jesus....you have to at least be able to read and write to be a high school grad don't you?

I guess not.

Kind of reminds me of the monkeying with the housing industry that's been going on and eventually contributed to the loan crisis. Some people shouldn't be allowed to own a home just because of their race.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back