Ignorance and homophobia run rampant

mattskramer said:
You said that "We pay YOU for us to smoke." I still don't get your point. Please give more detail and help me try to understand your point.

Is it that if gay marriage is recognized we would soon be paying taxes for gays spouse benefits under federal employee compensation arrangements? If that is you point then that is one of the misfortunes of having big government and a reason why it should be reduced. I pay taxes on many things that I don't like. That is just the way it goes. Besides, based on conservative statistics, very very very few people are gay. If that is not your point, please explain.

No, I think he is just pointing out the fact that smokers pay extra taxes for the priveledge of smoking. He was mentioning and answering only the "cancer-stick-holder" portion of your previous post in a sardonic fashion.

-=d=- said:
There IS no proof homosexuality is genetic...do some research.

Actually there was a study done recently that showed that gays responded on a biological level to feremones of the same sex and not of the opposite sex and the control group of heterosexuals responded in the same way to the opposite sex. That is proof that suggests that homosexuality is genetic. You could say that the results of such a test are inconclusive but you would be foolish to do so as you can not consciously smell feremones.

Gabriella84 said:
The only proof that homosexuality is genetic has come from exact studies done by medical science.
The people in opposition include those who feel cancer can be cured by religious faith.

Yea, heart disease is genetic too

Gabriella84 said:
My gripe is with the people who feel that there is a "homosexual agenda," along with people who try to "push it."
I have yet to encounter anyone who has attempted to "convert" straight people into homosexuals. There are, however, numerous groups who feel the need to "convert" gay people to being straight.
There are people who are homosexual. Just as there are people who are female, black, left-handed, red-headed, mentally challenged and autistic. Why not try to convert them as well?
God loves all of his people. :huddle:

All the black people I know and have talked with about this issue HATE it when homosexual rights activists put their agenda on par with civil rights.

Homosexuality is a behavior, being black or female or handicapped isnt.

But you already knew that. Just keep lying to yourself, and keep beating the same old drum, and keep losing elections. :dev3:

Well, all I gotta say is, if a guy had just gone a year without sex, and was presented with Halle Berry stripping and it didnt turn him on,,,,somethin aint right.

LuvRPgrl said:
All the black people I know and have talked with about this issue HATE it when homosexual rights activists put their agenda on par with civil rights.

Homosexuality is a behavior, being black or female or handicapped isnt.

But you already knew that. Just keep lying to yourself, and keep beating the same old drum, and keep losing elections. :dev3:

Being homosexual is not a behavior. Indulging in homosexual activity is.
Being handicapp isn't a behavior. Parking in a handicapp parking spot is.

There is nothing that seperates the 2 from an ethical standpoint. Rights shouldn't be stripped from homos because a bunch of pussy bible thumping homophobes might get offended.

Tammy Bruce, lesbian, radio show host, and former president of the Los Angeles chapter of NOW said that a vast majority of homosexuals have their first sexual experience as a minor with an adult.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

LuvRPgrl said:

Black people hate being compared to any other minority. Because they want to be the top dog among the lower dogs. Losing top minority status to the Hispanics is pissing them off. And they really hate Asians because they come to this country and succeed more in one generation than blacks have in 300 years. So I wouldn't really place much emphasis on what they think about gays. Who cares?

nucular said:
Black people hate being compared to any other minority. Because they want to be the top dog among the lower dogs. Losing top minority status to the Hispanics is pissing them off. And they really hate Asians because they come to this country and succeed more in one generation than blacks have in 300 years. So I wouldn't really place much emphasis on what they think about gays. Who cares?

Let's just be honest with eachother. Black people as a whole aren't the best people to consult on any issue. I'm not afraid to admit that I have a problem with black people. Does that make me racist? Of course not. That makes me observant. Now if I were to prejudge an individual on what a disproportionally large number of what their race does then I would be a racist. There is not one person including black people that can be intellecually honest with themselves and say that black people in america in general don't have a problem.

Powerman said:
Let's just be honest with eachother. Black people as a whole aren't the best people to consult on any issue. I'm not afraid to admit that I have a problem with black people. Does that make me racist? Of course not. That makes me observant. Now if I were to prejudge an individual on what a disproportionally large number of what their race does then I would be a racist. There is not one person including black people that can be intellecually honest with themselves and say that black people in america in general don't have a problem.

Any group of people anywhere in the world who lack language skills, have too many children and wallow in self pity will be unsuccessful. This is no exception.

nucular said:
Any group of people anywhere in the world who lack language skills, have too many children and wallow in self pity will be unsuccessful. This is no exception.

What is really sad is that they have some schools where they are planning on teaching their curriculum in ebonics to help relate to their kids. If that isn't a recipe for stupidity then I don't know what is.

Powerman said:
Being homosexual is not a behavior. Indulging in homosexual activity is.
Being handicapp isn't a behavior. Parking in a handicapp parking spot is.

There is nothing that seperates the 2 from an ethical standpoint. Rights shouldn't be stripped from homos because a bunch of pussy bible thumping homophobes might get offended.

If one never engages in homosexual activity, then you cant know if he is a homo or not. Besides, you are just bringing up semantics. Homos are much less likely to abstain from sex than heteros.

IF a homo isnt active in sexual activity, then all the issues become moot.

The posts following mine regarding "black" people are a bit insulting, not to blacks, but to your own intelligence.

Blacks are not some monolith. Many, many, and a growing number of blacks are becoming disillusioned with the Dems.

I spoke of blacks I know and have talked to, not all blacks. The one in particular whom I see almost daily has none of the attitudes or views you guys relate to blacks in general. In fact, she was the one who brought up Jessie Jackson and asked me exactly what are his qualifications to be a spokesman for her?

LuvRPgrl said:
The posts following mine regarding "black" people are a bit insulting, not to blacks, but to your own intelligence.

Blacks are not some monolith. Many, many, and a growing number of blacks are becoming disillusioned with the Dems.

I spoke of blacks I know and have talked to, not all blacks. The one in particular whom I see almost daily has none of the attitudes or views you guys relate to blacks in general. In fact, she was the one who brought up Jessie Jackson and asked me exactly what are his qualifications to be a spokesman for her?

Sure there are individuals within every group. I don't understand what you mean by them not being a monolith. Whenever people group themselves together as an interest group they create a monolith.

LuvRPgrl said:
If one never engages in homosexual activity, then you cant know if he is a homo or not. Besides, you are just bringing up semantics. Homos are much less likely to abstain from sex than heteros.

IF a homo isnt active in sexual activity, then all the issues become moot.

How do you know most homoe are less likely to abstain from sex? I don't know any virgin heteros myself.

Powerman said:
Actually there was a study done recently that showed that gays responded on a biological level to feremones of the same sex and not of the opposite sex and the control group of heterosexuals responded in the same way to the opposite sex. That is proof that suggests that homosexuality is genetic. You could say that the results of such a test are inconclusive but you would be foolish to do so as you can not consciously smell feremones.

I think you mean pheromones...

Kathianne said:
I think you mean pheromones...

Actually I don't think so. The study was done on homosexual ferrets.

Therefore, feremones.

---

You know how to make a hormone?

Don't pay her.

GotZoom said:
Actually I don't think so. The study was done on homosexual ferrets.

Therefore, feremones.

---

You know how to make a hormone?

Don't pay her.

bah dah! ~cymbals~

Forum List

Back