Ignorance and homophobia run rampant

mattskramer said:
LOL. You have not changed. My post is not senseless. How about a straight answer to my question: If no heterosexual couple wants to raise it, should it be left at the orphanage or be raised by a homosexual couple? It is not that difficult. Type "YES" or type "NO". Oh, never mind. Getting a straight answer from you is like trying to squeeze blood from a turnip.

ALmost all the kids in orphanages who wont be adopted, are considered "unadoptable" by most. Thats why they dont get adopted:)

There is a waiting list to adopt babies and young children.

I think older kids and teens would do just as fine in an orphanage than a homo couple. I would prefer it myself. And yes, I did live in govt facilities for some periods of time. I know first hand what they are like, and they arent like they are depicted in movies. I had foster parents also.

You miss one very important aspect a homo couple cant give kids. Kids watch and see how the father treats the mother, and how the mother treats their father. From that they learn how to treat people of the opposite sex. Homo couples cant provide that.

mattskramer said:
Oh, heck. Here. Let me help you. "Hell No. We should not allow any homosexual couple, no matter how great they would be at rasing a child, to adopt. Even though there are overcrowded orphanages and willing homosexual parents, we must not allow gays to adopt under any circumstances." Well, Isn't that your position? Was that so hard? Damn you are a coward where it comes right down to it.

Where are there orphanages in the US? The Foster system replaced orphanages long ago.

GotZoom said:
Thousands of orphanages in the US. Christian, Jewish, non-denominational, etc.

I was asking where. I know of none in our area.

I will tell you, personally I would rather be raised in an orphanage than by parents that were incompatible with me. I would bet these orphanages have older children that would be able to voice their own opinions about whom they would be raised by. Younger children are more adoptable and would probably be placed with foster parents.

no1tovote4 said:
I was asking where. I know of none in our area.

I will tell you, personally I would rather be raised in an orphanage than by parents that were incompatible with me. I would bet these orphanages have older children that would be able to voice their own opinions about whom they would be raised by. Younger children are more adoptable and would probably be placed with foster parents.
http://www.orphanage.org/#america
Right side...North America

http://www.missionfinder.org/orphanages.htm
Scroll down -starts with Alabama

I was friends with a couple who worked for a Baptist Children's Home. They lived there, etc. I would go over sometimes for cook-outs, etc., to help out. A great bunch of kids. But they did have their share of problem children - emotional issues, etc.

There was a children's home situated on the property of the church in which I was raised. I never thought of it as an orphanage. Most of the kids that were there were problem children with problem parents, not true orphans.

no1tovote4 said:
There was a children's home situated on the property of the church in which I was raised. I never thought of it as an orphanage. Most of the kids that were there were problem children with problem parents, not true orphans.

This had both. They had 8 kids in their house I think. 3 were "adoptable," the others were put there because of problems.

I'm not sure why they (orphanages in general) don't "advertise" much...could be because a lot of people don't want older kids, or they go overseas now...who knows.

Forum List

Back