Ignatieff say Canada dont want early electiion

Svante

cybernetic organism
Dec 11, 2008
Ragnarök
Michael Ignatieff say that Canada dont need election abaout the budget.i dont think Canadiens want anohthre election becuase we have one avery year.the election we have i n Octobre did do notheing but cost lots o f money and still get the minority tory gouvernement.perhaps Ignatieff h e is afraiide tory gouvernement will get majority nest time to have more powver.Ignatieff h e look ugly as Stepháne Dion.

Canada doesn't want early election: Ignatieff

He's the lesser of two evils. Personally, I don't know how Dion wound up making it as far as he did. T hey must have put their car keys in a fish bowl or something.

Democracy is messy sometimes, the alternative is worse.

People should be able to vote for the PM... and some Proportional Rep would be nice, you know, if the public will is to decide how much power each party gets.

proportional representation is most neccessary in Canada, you are damn right about that. If 10-15 percent of the house were Green Party members, we might have a couple of windmills or solar panels conducting our electricity. There is a need for decentralization of our energy programs. This article compares and contrasts the energy sectors in Ontario and Germany. We have some catching up to do.
walrusmagazine.com/articles/2009.01-environment-solar-panel-energy-chris-turner/#1351

I really hope the liberals don't puss out and abstain on voting. They have given more power to the Tories than deserved. It's about time we had an official opposition that did their job. Hopefully Iggy proves this.

Depends on how you feel about democracy, I guess. If you like it, you want to move closer to it... if not, well there you go.

Canada is one of the best run countries in the world.

The political system is fine.
Actually it is a classic welfare state. One or two rich provinces subsidize a half dozen poorer provinces - it's called equalization. This takes away the welfar receiving provinces need and drive to prosper and so they have languished for forty years with their hands out to Ottawa who divies the spoils of the rich provinces. Of course this means that these poor provinces have a vested interest in voting in politicians (liberals) who perpetuate the status quo. The classic welfare merry go round. The Canadian economy drags this anchor around hamstringing itself, when it could be a much more prosperous state.

The political system is terrible, with no real checks and balances. The supreme court ignores the constitution as if it does not exist and constantly writes laws from the bench. The health care system is in terrible condition and another drag on the economy. Freedom of speech is a real concern with quasi judicial Human Rights Commissions enforcing political correctness in Orwellian fashion. And on and on...

That may not be the general sense, Gord.

But hopefully things will improve as more people become involved in their onw lives and hopefully pay attention to the state of the nation, and what the gov does.

But hopefully things will improve as more people become involved in their onw lives and hopefully pay attention to the state of the nation, and what the gov does.
Nope. These things are entrenched in the system. Canada is spiraling around the toilet boil drain and is paralyzed to do anything about these problems.

Nope. These things are entrenched in the system. Canada is spiraling around the toilet boil drain and is paralyzed to do anything about these problems.

Lots of things 'entrenched' become less so over time. Racism for one.
And, what did you mean 'apartheid' state?

Lots of things 'entrenched' become less so over time. Racism for one.
And, what did you mean 'apartheid' state?
I never used the word 'apartheid'.

Oops, wrong thread - my mistake... can't find it, but someone (I thought) said the French/English situation was like an aparthied state...

anyhow, sorry.

Forum List

Back