IF....

Porter Rockwell

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2018
If Donald Trump has the authority to sign an Executive Order to stop the children of undocumented foreigners born in the United States from receiving automatic citizenship, how come he hasn't done so?

My understanding is that is a constitutional fight that's going to have to go to the supreme court.

The meaning/definition of the 14th (?) amendment (I can't remember if it's the 14th).

If Donald Trump has the authority to sign an Executive Order to stop the children of undocumented foreigners born in the United States from receiving automatic citizenship, how come he hasn't done so?

He doesn't. Requires the SCOTUS to clarify the misinterpreted language of the 14th Amendment.

He doesn't. Requires the SCOTUS to clarify the misinterpreted language of the 14th Amendment.
Ugh, the dreaded 14th Amendment scourge of the Constitution.

• Banned

Ugh, the dreaded 14th Amendment scourge of the Constitution.

Why do the people opposed to undocumented foreigners being in the United States support the 14th Amendment? It was illegally ratified to begin with.

Trump will wait until Ginsburg is out of the picture. With a more reasonable SC, I'm sure he will press the issue of birthright citizenship. Hell, not counting Canada, we're the only developed country that still grants citizenship to these invaders.

• Banned
Trump will wait until Ginsburg is out of the picture. With a more reasonable SC, I'm sure he will press the issue of birthright citizenship. Hell, not counting Canada, we're the only developed country that still grants citizenship to these invaders.

My understanding is that Trump may challenge the issue soon in the United States Supreme Court.

Invasion implies (by definition) that people are coming in armed and trying to overtake the government. What we really have are people coming in to work jobs, but they have no intention on becoming citizens.

Trump would be better served to get serious about defunding sanctuary cities since the United States Supreme Court said they are legal. Okay. sanctuary cities are legal. The feds are equally entitled not to subsidize them.

My understanding is that Trump may challenge the issue soon in the United States Supreme Court.

Invasion implies (by definition) that people are coming in armed and trying to overtake the government. What we really have are people coming in to work jobs, but they have no intention on becoming citizens.

Trump would be better served to get serious about defunding sanctuary cities since the United States Supreme Court said they are legal. Okay. sanctuary cities are legal. The feds are equally entitled not to subsidize them.
invasion has several meanings and one is to plunder, which is what most are doing,,,

Definition of INVADE

• Banned

invasion has several meanings and one is to plunder, which is what most are doing,,,

Definition of INVADE

The way invasion is being used in this thread denotes a legal connotation. The meaning is more specific.

Invasion - An encroachment upon the rights of another; the incursion of an army for conquest or plunder. Webster. See ^Etna Ins. Co. v. Boon, 95 U. S. 129, 24 L. Ed. 395. ? Black's Law Dictionary

What is INVASION? definition of INVASION (Black's Law Dictionary)

Foreigners coming here to work and not becoming citizens do not jeopardize my Rights. They are coming here for the job opportunities. Therefore, both the American people and the foreigners are complicit in their coming here.

Forgive me, but I'm confused. IMO, whether you think immigration is "legal or illegal," I think you would find it hard to wage a war against Liberty. At the same time, America is being flooded by the third world.

I don't think that the "legal versus illegal" argument serves our interests. There are only 85,000 H1 B visas available each year for temporary workers (20,000 of those set aside for people with a graduate degree or higher.) Weigh that against nearly a million people being naturalized annually, I'm not sure I fully understand the objective.

Are you aware of how this "legal v. illegal" argument plays out in real life? Then, again, I may not understand what the objective is.

I heard that the RBG Body Double is sick now too

The news is reporting she is now cancer free. I find that funny. RBG IS a cancer.

That's funny. I heard they have her in a dark room, propped up in a rocking chair with a shawl around her. Just like that movie, Psycho. I can't wait to see the reactions when Trump appoints the next SC judge, maybe two.

Forum List

Back