If

Are you a bitter person, or does Right-vs-Left politics and the need to harp and keep score simply permeate your soul completely?

It has nothing to do with "bitter." Stealing from others to give to those you think deserve it more, isn't charity, it isn't noble; it's theft.

Too often there are those patting each other on the backs for being such worthy and caring criminals.

Tell me, WHY are people starving in Darfur? Seriously, why? Is the land not fertile?

No, it's because the MUSLIMS are engaging in a systematic genocide. Yet you sure won't hear Sky or the other forum lefties address, much less condemn the "Religion of Peace" for this, wouldn't be politically correct. Instead, we'll demand taxes be raised to help... Help who? Well, we can give it to the ruling Imams to distribute... Leftist logic in action.

Bitter? Nah, disgusted is more like it.

Yeah, the rhetoric coming out of your keyboard may be absolutely true, but in the spirit of this thread, and in a discussion involving mostly Americans about starvation in the third world, you are obviously picking a political fight and that act detracts from anything pertinent you may have to say on the subject.

Yeah, the rhetoric coming out of your keyboard may be absolutely true, but in the spirit of this thread, and in a discussion involving mostly Americans about starvation in the third world, you are obviously picking a political fight and that act detracts from anything pertinent you may have to say on the subject.

The point is that very few nations are in poverty because of lack of resources or even outside events. Drought cannot explain a thousand years of misery in Somalia, Bangladesh, et al. Most of these areas are in misery because of cultures that promote and exasperate conditions leading to poverty. So what is the responsibility of the USA? Outside of invading and setting up a puppet state, what CAN the USA actually do? Aid will be coopted by despots, it is every time. What can we do? Not much.

I wouldn't live on that. I'd walk a thousand miles to something better if I had no other way to get there, but that's just me - I'm an American Mutt.

You just explained why you will never have to live on that, but if there were no choice, you could find a way to make it work.

True. If broken of body or mind and unable to keep myself I would learn to live on what was available.

But as long as there's a choice.....​

WTH, they already raped the thread.

And that's how the Rethugs want Americans to live. Not live, survive. On as little as possible. And then jeer at them for complaining, and call them names for daring to dream they are entitled to more, as hardworking members of America's middle class.

WTH, they already raped the thread.

And that's how the Rethugs want Americans to live. Not live, survive. On as little as possible. And then jeer at them for complaining, and call them names for daring to dream they are entitled to more, as hardworking members of America's middle class.

:eusa_eh: "Raped" the thread?

It seemed to me that the iron on the right was finally holstered and a discussion was forming.

*sigh*

Nothing stopping it from continuing then, is there?

I mean, granted the thread drifted so far that it's no longer on the same continent.

/sigh

C'est la vie.

I know I won't get anywhere, but I'll never stop trying.
The picture on the left is an immoral act made by choice. The picture on the right is children suffering because of no fault of their own. Simple, the pic on right should shock you more because this should not happen.

Forum List

Back