If you've been impeached from the Senate...

So, it doesn't bother anyone that Gingrich was kicked out for ethics violations?

I guess that's what the GOP wants for a candidate........someone who has no ethics.

Why in the hell would anyone think that you're a viable presidential candidate?

Do any of you GOP types who are strongly in support of Newt remember back when he was kicked out of the Senate for ethics violations, paid 300,000 in fines and was sent home?

Now...........if a person is kicked out of a lower job (i.e. Senate) and impeached, what is it that would make them qualified for a higher status job (i.e. President)?

That's almost like being a department head in a corporation, getting caught embezzeling and subsequently fired, then being asked a few years later to be the CEO.

Congrats. You get the Dumb Ass of the Day award and we're submitting your name for the Outright Liar of the Day award too. And between you and me, I think you're a shoe-in.

So, it doesn't bother anyone that Gingrich was kicked out for ethics violations?

I guess that's what the GOP wants for a candidate........someone who has no ethics.

why are you so whammied about ethics now? you put obammie in the office and he hung out with terrorists and anarchists, he lies all the time, he cannot lead sheep succesfully and he cannot throw a baseball,

What makes me think Newt would still be a good candidate for POTUS?

Well, Obama is now POTUS and Newt is 23,847,676,273,465,034,875,627,865 times better for the job than he is.

honestly, i am divided on newt......

i think he may be just as bad as obama, just in different ways......

as they say, the devil you know........

and you assholes always want to crow about how clinton balanced the budget.. well dumb ass Newt is the dude who "got her done"

You know, no matter how many times you repeat a lie, you are still lying. It's not going to magically become the truth.

And you are complaining about ethics while supporting one of the most corrupt Presidents of all time?

You keep telling this lie even after being proven wrong several times.
Is this how liberals like you think? Do you actually believe this crap you spew?
No wonder Obama has screwed this country so badly. He is so messed up in the head he is now claiming he has done more for the security of Isreal than any other president. Can't wait to see the caimpaign aid using that against him.

You know, no matter how many times you repeat a lie, you are still lying. It's not going to magically become the truth.

And you are complaining about ethics while supporting one of the most corrupt Presidents of all time?

actually, that honor belongs to reagan........

i think obamas problem is the opposite...... he is not corrupt enough to get things done.......

Excuse me........he was Speaker of the House. Doesn't change the fact that he was kicked out of Congress.

And......the question still stands..........if you're kicked out of Congress for ethics violations, why should you be president?

Ethics sanctions

Eighty-four ethics charges were filed against Speaker Gingrich during his term, including claiming tax-exempt status for a college course run for political purposes. Following an investigation by the House Ethics Committee Gingrich was sanctioned US$300,000.[66] Gingrich acknowledged in January 1997 that "In my name and over my signature, inaccurate, incomplete and unreliable statements were given to the committee". [67] The House Ethics Committee concluded that inaccurate information supplied to investigators represented "intentional or ... reckless" disregard of House rules.[68] Special Counsel James M. Cole concluded that Gingrich violated federal tax law and had lied to the ethics panel in an effort to force the committee to dismiss the complaint against him. The full committee panel did not agree whether tax law had been violated[69] and left that issue up to the IRS.[70] In 1999, the IRS cleared the organizations connected with the "Renewing American Civilization" courses under investigation for possible tax violations.[71][72]

[edit] Leadership challenge

In the summer of 1997 several House Republicans, who saw Gingrich's public image as a liability, attempted to replace him as Speaker. The attempted "coup" began July 9 with a meeting of Republican conference chairman John Boehner of Ohio and Republican leadership chairman Bill Paxon of New York. According to their plan, House Majority Leader Dick Armey, House Majority Whip Tom DeLay, Boehner and Paxon were to present Gingrich with an ultimatum: resign, or be voted out. However, Armey balked at the proposal to make Paxon the new Speaker, and told his chief of staff to warn Gingrich about the attempted coup.[73]

On July 11, Gingrich met with senior Republican leadership to assess the situation. He explained that under no circumstance would he step down. If he was voted out, there would be a new election for Speaker, which would allow for the possibility that Democrats—along with dissenting Republicans—would vote in Dick Gephardt as Speaker. On July 16, Paxon offered to resign his post, feeling that he had not handled the situation correctly, as the only member of the leadership who had been appointed to his position—by Gingrich—instead of elected.[74]

[edit] Resignation

Gingrich's official portrait as Speaker
Republicans lost five seats in the House in the 1998 elections—the worst midterm performance in 64 years for a party that didn't hold the presidency. Polls showed that Gingrich and the Republican Party's attempt to remove President Clinton from office was deeply unpopular among voters.[75] Gingrich suffered much of the blame for the election loss. Facing a rebellion in the Republican caucus, he announced on November 5, 1998 that he would not only stand down as Speaker, but would leave the House as well. Gingrich made this announcement only a day after being elected to an 11th term from his district. Commenting on his departure, Gingrich said, "I'm willing to lead but I'm not willing to preside over people who are cannibals. My only fear would be that if I tried to stay, it would just overshadow whoever my successor is."[76]

Newt Gingrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is why you should post after you do the research, rather than before. It makes any attempt at repair look lame.

So, he was never impeached, was never in the senate, never removed from office.

Doesn't change the reality that he was obliged to resign his position as speaker and he was sanctioned by the house, even if he was not removed.

If you had done the research first, your point would have some sting to it, but now you are stuck being a joke and the point is lost.

i think obamas problem is the opposite...... he is not corrupt enough to get things done.......

You might be right. And, because he's not as corrupt as many of these career politicians, he doesn't have the "good ol boy network" that they do, which makes it relatively easy for them to block anything he wants to get done.

Do any of you GOP types who are strongly in support of Newt remember back when he was kicked out of the Senate for ethics violations, paid 300,000 in fines and was sent home?

Now...........if a person is kicked out of a lower job (i.e. Senate) and impeached, what is it that would make them qualified for a higher status job (i.e. President)?

That's almost like being a department head in a corporation, getting caught embezzeling and subsequently fired, then being asked a few years later to be the CEO.

How about you straightening out your Shit before Starting a Thread on misinformation next time? Why should Anyone here think you are viable? Why are you such a Hack?

so Solyndra, Fast and Furious, weren't corrupt enough for ewe? Really?

so Solyndra, Fast and Furious, weren't corrupt enough for ewe? Really?

i am referring to actual, proved in a court of law corruption.......

in that case, reagan holds the honor, which explains why republicans love him so much.......

get back to me when someone is actually convicted under solyndra or f&f......

How long are these people going to stick w/ Newtie? He's, just like WillowTree's thread states, "disgusting" :puke3:

Gingrich was never in the Senate you dummy.

And, he resigned from the House.

Good grief.

Last edited:
Newt resigned (from the House. Where he was speaker). But don't let the truth get in the way of your hatred.
You libs still hate that it was because of Newt and the republicans that Clinton had any real success in office.
Welfare reform and a balance budget are just two of the things Newt is responsible for.

Interesting that you lump us all together even tho we have stepped up to point out the OP is wrong.

Isn't that broad brush heavy?

Newt resigned (from the House. Where he was speaker). But don't let the truth get in the way of your hatred.
You libs still hate that it was because of Newt and the republicans that Clinton had any real success in office.
Welfare reform and a balance budget are just two of the things Newt is responsible for.

Interesting that you lump us all together even tho we have stepped up to point out the OP is wrong.

Isn't that broad brush heavy?

You are right. But it is how both sides play the game. One sign at a Tea Party rally and all Tea Partiers are lumped together as supporting the idiot holding the sign. A few people shout let him die and it is twisted into the whole crowd and all republicans saying it.
And so on. I figured that I would just play the game the same as everyone else.
I am glad to see you say what you did and in the future I will try and just go after the individuals.

Forum List

Back