If you're ever told you have 6 months to live

hahahahahaha! on the ''round the island road" lollollol

i'm so lucky! we got maybe 10 homes in total on both sides of a 2 mile road that loops off of us1, all the nature in the world, but the post office and Hanaford grocery, and movie theater and true value store, ebs, cvs. dollar store and a number of restaurants, a few beaches, Ft Knox, and several bars and mcdonalds are within a 2-4 mile radius from our cottage....

Betcha it's the bars that do the most business. If our laws were different, I'd go to that boring Island and start of Pub. One where you could bring you kids, play darts, pool, etc.

i don't think you'd want your kids around a bunch of stir crazy drunken lobstermen

i don't think you'd want your kids around a bunch of stir crazy drunken lobstermen

Well, there's drinking the way the do in English and Irish Pubs, and then there's the drunken lobstermen drinking like they do in America. I'd run a Pub, not a bar.

Just a place where people can gather, and chat with one another and have A drink or two, play a few games, and go home.

I'd love to spend 6 months on an island with nothing to do. If I had a babysitter, I'd write a book. I'd paint.

I live in a landlocked island in the middle of nowhere. Sadly, I must travel for work and my children prevent me from washing the dishes, let alone writing or painting. I can't even pick up a piece of paper without two kids (5 and 6. They aren't little. It hurts.) climbing on my lap and dictating to me what I should be writing. Every evening is spent trying to avoid doing word scrambles and puzzles with kids who can't read yet but STILL WANT TO FIGURE OUT CODED MESSAGES IN COLOR BOOKS. If I ever run into a color book creator who slaps that shit into Blue's Clues, Princess and/or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse colorbooks I'm kicking his or her ass up around his or her ears, then I'm going to pants him.

Forum List

Back