If you're ever told you have 6 months to live

Move to Vinalhaven ME where every day is a f%&@ing eternity.

Lord help me. I just got back from an obligatory family(mother in law) visit. I almost forgot why I put off going for 5 years.

I know Island life is supposed to be slow and idyllic but all it is is BORING

:lol: I opened this expecting some discussion on what moving and grand plan people would make...

This is much better! thanks for the giggle

oh wow.....that makes all the sense in the world. Is there a 7-11 Store there? lol

lol I wish. At least then I could have overdosed on Slurpees and Taquitos and slept the sleep of sugar crashes and carb overloads.

The local convenience store is called The Fisherman's Friend and closes at 8 PM

OMG I just had a flashback:eek:

No offense, but you've just always given me the impression of plain white bread -- bland. But to each his own. I am sure in your own way you DO know how to have fun.

No offense taken. You might not believe me, but I have my moments.

you gotta love nature and wildlife and get your kicks and amusement that way or you don't stand a prayer!!!!

I think I can see your in law parent's island from my favorite restaurant on a dock in Castine....

We had 14 inches of snow on october 23rd last year and a snow storm once a week adding to it all the way through April , and the day before yesterday it hit 62 degrees this year....who would have thunk it?

i had a wild and crazy and hectic life before moving here....chipmunks, tiny red squirrels, wild turkeys, butterflies, bald eagles, owls, hawks, cedar waxwings, loons, geese, ducks, hummingbirds, deer, chicadees, piliated woodpeckers, salmon, brook trout, and every imaginable wild flowers that can exist are my amusement now! :D I LOVE IT!

care

I'm with you Care about nature and all but at least you have the option of driving somewhere to go out to eat or catch a movie.

On the Island, a night out consists of driving endless loops on "Round The Island Road"(the actual name of the road)

Maine

Tide comes in, tide goes out.

Sometimes we get sleepy.

Speaking of Tides....can you explain to me WHY there is a minimum of a 15 foot spread between low and hight tide up here?

I mean, why the heck do low tides and high tides have 15 feet of water difference up here but when i lived in florida the difference between low and high tides were only 6-8 feet or so but up here the whole waterway goes out to sea on low tides?

What scientifically causes the tides to have such a big spread up here? is the moon a different moon? hahahahaha?????? strange tides up here, really strange....big huge mudflats on the penobscot show on low tide...

care

Speaking of Tides....can you explain to me WHY there is a minimum of a 15 foot spread between low and hight tide up here?

I mean, why the heck do low tides and high tides have 15 feet of water difference up here but when i lived in florida the difference between low and high tides were only 6-8 feet or so but up here the whole waterway goes out to sea on low tides?

What scientifically causes the tides to have such a big spread up here? is the moon a different moon? hahahahaha?????? strange tides up here, really strange....big huge mudflats on the penobscot show on low tide...

care
the geography
:lol:

not surprising, Mainers have a tendency to vote against their actual politics

case in point, we voted to repeal a tax enacted by the legislature, yet voted every one of the idiots that voted for it the first time back into the legislature again

I think it's pretty obvious that such electorate nonsense is certainly not limited to just your state.

naw, we're a blue state, only the red states are racists, ;)

hmmm, i wonder if the formerly red now blue are still racists?

:lol:

You know, that word's been used so much, it's lost all the impact it once had. Sad really, because there really is racism in the world but with it bandied about so much who can take any claim of racism seriously anymore?

Okay, I know that's not what this thread is about, but if I had six months to live, I'd probably pretty much spend it the way I do now except I'd have a big party and invite all my friends and family and see them one last time before I go like my aunt did, except my party wouldn't be just for an afternoon, it'd last several days and there would be booze. I'd even buy a bottle of Dom Perigion. (sp?) We had that on our honeymoon and it was the best champaign I've ever tasted.

You know, that word's been used so much, it's lost all the impact it once had. Sad really, because there really is racism in the world but with it bandied about so much who can take any claim of racism seriously anymore?
i was obviously saying that "tongue in cheek"

but you are right
i have been called a racist on the internet so many times i no longber care if someone does it
its lost its meaning
if just disagreeing with someone that's black(even though there is little way to tell online unless they openly say that they are)makes me a racist, i guess i will have to talk to my Pastor and his wife as to what makes me a racist(both black)
also, my asian/pacific islander girl friend might like to know also

I'm with you Care about nature and all but at least you have the option of driving somewhere to go out to eat or catch a movie.

On the Island, a night out consists of driving endless loops on "Round The Island Road"(the actual name of the road)

hahahahahaha! on the ''round the island road" lollollol

i'm so lucky! we got maybe 10 homes in total on both sides of a 2 mile road that loops off of us1, all the nature in the world, but the post office and Hanaford grocery, and movie theater and true value store, ebs, cvs. dollar store and a number of restaurants, a few beaches, Ft Knox, and several bars and mcdonalds are within a 2-4 mile radius from our cottage....

Forum List

Back