If you're counting on "freak show" statistics, to decide your vote, think again!

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
I woke up this morning watching barage of really stupid "freak show" statistics. Here are my three favorites amongst the two candidates:

For George W. Bush

1. The candidate whose bobbleheads sold the most, has went on to win the election. The winner- George W. Bush

2. The candidate whose holloween masks sold the most, has went on to win the election. The winner- George W. Bush

3. The winner of the national children's vote has went on to win the election. The winner- George W. Bush

For John Kerry

1. No incumbent has ever won reelection when the stock market has been down for that election year. The winner- John Kerry

2. Since 1900, no democrat has ever lost the presidential election when a major league baseball team, dressed in red, won the World series that year. The winner- John Kerry and ironically enough, the Boston Red Sox

3. No incumbent has ever won reelection, on an election year, without the NFL's Washington Redskins winning their final home game prior to the election. Final score: Green Bay 28 Washington 14. The winner- John Kerry

Something's got to give, if you believe in such "statistics"; but I have two statistics that never failed:

1. The candidate who racks up 270 electoral college votes or more, has never lost an election.

2. The candidate who wins the popular vote, but failed to gain 270 electoral votes, has went on to lose.

I'm sorry, but this year, none of these "freak show" stats matter. This year, the only way you're going to have "your" president is if you show up and vote. I'd casted mine, did you cast yours? :usa:

If memory serves, the 1980 Philadelphia Phillies - dressed in red - defeated the Kansas City Royals in the World Series.

hylandrdet said:
I woke up this morning watching barage of really stupid "freak show" statistics. Here are my three favorites amongst the two candidates:

For George W. Bush

1. The candidate whose bobbleheads sold the most, has went on to win the election. The winner- George W. Bush

2. The candidate whose holloween masks sold the most, has went on to win the election. The winner- George W. Bush

3. The winner of the national children's vote has went on to win the election. The winner- George W. Bush

For John Kerry

1. No incumbent has ever won reelection when the stock market has been down for that election year. The winner- John Kerry

2. Since 1900, no democrat has ever lost the presidential election when a major league baseball team, dressed in red, won the World series that year. The winner- John Kerry and ironically enough, the Boston Red Sox

3. No incumbent has ever won reelection, on an election year, without the NFL's Washington Redskins winning their final home game prior to the election. Final score: Green Bay 28 Washington 14. The winner- John Kerry

Something's got to give, if you believe in such "statistics"; but I have two statistics that never failed:

1. The candidate who racks up 270 electoral college votes or more, has never lost an election.

2. The candidate who wins the popular vote, but failed to gain 270 electoral votes, has went on to lose.

I'm sorry, but this year, none of these "freak show" stats matter. This year, the only way you're going to have "your" president is if you show up and vote. I'd casted mine, did you cast yours? :usa:

It would be nice if that were true but that's not how it works. If you live in Texas and vote for Kerry you are of no help to "your" president. There are also lawyers and judges everywhere who will determine whose vote counts and whose vote doesn't. I voted but I know who's REALLY gonna decide this election.

Forum List

Back