If you're a right wing "maker", but fell on hard times, would you be a "taker"? YES.

All good Republicans are one good recession and a corporate downsizing away from becoming a Democrat.

Some people are born to a single mom who doesn't give a shit about them. With no dad. In a shitty neighborhood. They grow up without anyone giving a damn about them, family, friends, govt, and sure as hell not the rich folks in the burbs. But even if they do well enough to get out on their own, and find a job and live well........if they fall on hard times, do they magically have a family appear that cares about them and willing to help them? Are the rich folks in the burbs gonna offer them a job instantly?

No. Not everyone has those resources. Thats the definition of the safety net.

And for all the rhetoric and tough guy talk from the right wingers............EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE OF THEM would take that govt handout if it prevented them and their family from going hungry and homeless. ANYONE who puts ideology over taking care of their family is a disgusting human being.
You can't afford rightwingers losing jobs. If we did, where would you get tax money from to spend on yourself some nice freebies? For every 3 people who live in the US, only 1 of them has a full-time job. They have to support 3 people plus county, city, state, and federal taxes. Obama wants us to pay a one-world tax, too. Where does it ever end with fewer and fewer workers paying more and more taxes?

Excuses ? Arent you that dude who said the dems had fillibuster proof for two years? Oh yea, thats you...and you lied or were ignorant, whichever.

Yes..Excuses. It is FACT that the democrats could have done whatever they wanted for two years. They did nothing.
Just because you have no rebuttal does not mean the other person is lying. It means you have nothing to add.
TWO YEARS.......NOTHING.
End of discussion.

I dont remember the GOP doing much with their control of both houses and the oval office.

Besides expand government, of course.

Stay on point. This is about the democrats and the Obama admin.
Stop making excuses.

It's not that they fell on "hard times". They simply succumbed to right wing and Republican fiscal policies.

The right wing arrogance is hitting all time levels. The new effort to divide and label us is the "makers vs takers" nonsense. "Takers" are a new class of people I guess, to be equated to gypsies and transients by the right wing.

BUT...I ask all the proud, snobbish "makers" of the right wing a few questions. Would you become a "taker" if your home depended on it? Your wife? Your KIDS?

What if something happened and you lost your job and/or your house. Maybe you have some money saved up and can live on it til the next job. But what if, like many Americans, that next job never comes. Or you got hurt and disabled, but had an insurance problem and got caught in a loophole.

Now, Im sure you'd say "Im self reliant, I'd find a way, I'd start a business, etc, etc".

Im sure you would. BUT...what if it didn't happen quick enough? What if unemployment ran out, yet, no new job? What if your kids started getting hungry. And the money started running out.

What would you do? Would you take the drastic step of asking friends and family for help? Sure. But..what if they couldn't? Or you dont have that many of them? Or THEY are struggling too?

Kids need school supplies and clothes. The house you had is foreclosed and you are in a low rent apartment. Kids are hungry.

Almost worst case scenario is playing out for you. And then someone says...."Hey man, go down to the county offices. They have a place you can sign up for food stamps and welfare for a while."

Do you do it? Do you become a......TAKER??? Or do you stick to your believes, go hungry, let your family go without what they need, and keep sinking further into the hole?

We know the answer. But will you give it honestly?

I'm retired now, but during my working life I applied for unemployment once, but I got a job before I got a check. Even now if I felt a need to suplement my income I'd bet I could have a pay check in 3 weeks or less. Of course I'm not like many of the snobs, if I need extra money I'll do whatever I can find, but if I can't make the employeer money he should't hire me. So far that has never been the case.

cry me a river
:cuckoo:Gewfy request. OK, emu, but this is all you're gettin' :D

"Don't get too wet.":

people_under_waterfall.jpg

Notice the crude wording when the left wants to make a point. Illegal criminals are "recipients" but people who have paid their taxes and contributed to Social Security become "takers" if they need a hand. First of all the people who run the incredible bloated federal bureaucracies aren't that smart and the radical left isn't that honest. The gigantic federal government needs to trim redundant and often contradictory programs that don't work. In the past the solution was to throw more money at the problem but we don't have it anymore. All the right wing wants to do is make it better, not bigger. Cut the red tape that is ruining small businesses and allow America to be independent of foreign oil. It's simple enough but left wingers seem to have blinders on or they are victims of the union based education system. Sure I would "take" from the federal government if they were willing to "give" but I wouldn't make a career out of it.

Right...It's only a little bit to get you by...Everybody tries a little every now and again......Just g'head take a freebie for now...You'll feel beter...It's not like you're going to be hooked on this crap forever! :rolleyes:

If it means feeding their kids, but having to take a handout, then so be it. YOU would do the same. Your arrogance wont let you admit it, but you would.

However...you know..I should pray for you. Life has a way of letting karma come back to bite people in the ass. And your stance on this is laying the groundwork for some karma later in life.

Actually, having thought more about it...I wouldn't. I'd suck my shotgun first.

Quote: Originally Posted by bucs90
The right wing arrogance is hitting all time levels. The new effort to divide and label us is the "makers vs takers" nonsense. "Takers" are a new class of people I guess, to be equated to gypsies and transients by the right wing.

BUT...I ask all the proud, snobbish "makers" of the right wing a few questions. Would you become a "taker" if your home depended on it? Your wife? Your KIDS?

What if something happened and you lost your job and/or your house. Maybe you have some money saved up and can live on it til the next job. But what if, like many Americans, that next job never comes. Or you got hurt and disabled, but had an insurance problem and got caught in a loophole.

Now, Im sure you'd say "Im self reliant, I'd find a way, I'd start a business, etc, etc".

Im sure you would. BUT...what if it didn't happen quick enough? What if unemployment ran out, yet, no new job? What if your kids started getting hungry. And the money started running out.

What would you do? Would you take the drastic step of asking friends and family for help? Sure. But..what if they couldn't? Or you dont have that many of them? Or THEY are struggling too?

Kids need school supplies and clothes. The house you had is foreclosed and you are in a low rent apartment. Kids are hungry.

Almost worst case scenario is playing out for you. And then someone says...."Hey man, go down to the county offices. They have a place you can sign up for food stamps and welfare for a while."

Do you do it? Do you become a......TAKER??? Or do you stick to your believes, go hungry, let your family go without what they need, and keep sinking further into the hole?

We know the answer. But will you give it honestly?

Moving the goal posts does not get you any points.
Once again the definition of a "taker" is one who can work, refuses to work and believes they are entitled to live off the taxpayer tit for life.
Furthermore, one who depends on family for sustenance in the event of job loss is not a taker. Staying off the public dole is the key. That is one less person living off the taxpayers. That is a GOOD thing.
"What if" questions will not be entertained. "What if" assures we kowtow to the lowest common denominator which is one of the cornerstones of the liberal agenda.

I love it when the left posts their facts. They know so much about everything they are experts in demographics. What I have seen is that those who support Obama are oblivious of the facts whether rich or poor. The exit polls prove that point when 45 percent blame the GOP for the failure of the last 4 years. It is hard to break that kind of party loyalty.

who got our credit downgraded?

who filibustered EVERYTHING?

who wasted time on LIES about Obama instead of doing the peoples business?

Obama. Obama Obama.
Two can play your childish games.
Lets see if you can figure this out.
The Vegas line is 50-1, you can't.

Better watch out Katz... the word was a gift from God....not to be abused...not to be used to gossip and not to be used to be arrogant or boisterous or to tell lies with....

ALL liars get thrown in to the lake of fire in the end of days according to the Holy Bible..... so be careful dear....

your pants are on fire dearie!
so YOU say.... :beer:
You should not permit your depreciating assets to do your talking for you.

Wow. Old thread. But....good topic still.

A lot of right wing "makers" are bitching right now about......well, Im not sure what, as the stock market has been booming!!!!

A lot of right wing "makers" are bitching right now about......well, Im not sure what, as the stock market has been booming!!!!

While the stock market booms, mass close downs of Retail sotres are going on and middle class is collapsing.

What is is good for Wall Street is good for China.

True, good point. We always here tax cuts are good for wall street too.

Makers instead of buying $3000 rims to go on a $1500 car, eating out at Mickey D's 3 times a day, buying 62 inch TVs, buying gold chains and teeth, tattos out the ass and having 7 kids we can not afford SAVE FOR A RAINY DAY.
When we fall on hard times we fall back on family and savings.
Moochers and parasites live it up and when they fall they demand that government steal from the makers to give to them.
Just like the 3 Little Pigs story.
People are poor because they keep making the same poor choices over and over and over and over and over that have made them poor.
Insanity is doing the same things and expecting a different outcome.
Producers keep in the game because they keep doing the same things over and over and over and over that have made them a success.
If you are 50 years old and poor you are a complete dumb ass, lazy and have made poor choices your entire life.
And the consequences of that should be NO GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE.

While the stock market booms, mass close downs of Retail sotres are going on and middle class is collapsing.

What is is good for Wall Street is good for China.

Most all stocks owned in this country are owned by citizens with incomes of less than 60K.
Facts sure are a bitch when they conflict with your BS ideology.

Forum List

Back