If You're a Car Buff -

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
PHOTO SERIES: How many 36-year old cars still look modern and up-to-date in 2012?

by directorblue @ Doug Ross @ Journal brings us these nice pictures
Go back in time 36 years, say to 1976. Which car -- make and model -- could still be sold today without any cosmetic changes whatsoever?* Before you scroll down, take a guess: I think only one vehicle passes muster.

To stir your memory a bit, consider the following vehicles from the 1976 model year.

*Ignoring the massive books of new regulations, of course, which multiply like weeds and govern every aspect of our lives -- from shower-heads to bumper designs, to the size of toilet tanks to the kinds of light bulbs you are allowed to buy.
121122-car-cam.jpg

This is the 1976 Camaro LT, powered by a 350 V-8. Sorry, Camaro fans, that year's model looks like an overgrown Vega.

Read more with nice pix @ Doug Ross @ Journal: PHOTO SERIES: How many 36-year old cars still look modern and up-to-date in 2012?

:cool:

PHOTO SERIES: How many 36-year old cars still look modern and up-to-date in 2012?

Go back in time 36 years, say to 1976. Which car -- make and model -- could still be sold today without any cosmetic changes whatsoever?* Before you scroll down, take a guess: I think only one vehicle passes muster.

To stir your memory a bit, consider the following vehicles from the 1976 model year.

*Ignoring the massive books of new regulations, of course, which multiply like weeds and govern every aspect of our lives -- from shower-heads to bumper designs, to the size of toilet tanks to the kinds of light bulbs you are allowed to buy.
121122-car-cam.jpg

This is the 1976 Camaro LT, powered by a 350 V-8. Sorry, Camaro fans, that year's model looks like an overgrown Vega.

Read more with nice pix @ Doug Ross @ Journal: PHOTO SERIES: How many 36-year old cars still look modern and up-to-date in 2012?

sweet. I'd like to drive that @ town on the w/e

I actually drove a '62 Dodge 440 Station Wagon for 11 years - my dad bought it new from the factory.

images

This is almost a dead ringer for what I drove.

But, my first car was a '57 Ford Fairlane Hardtop Coupe with a police interceptor V8

thats back when you didn't need a computer to work on a car or have a bunch of plastic housing covering the engine so you couldn't get at it.

121122-car-cam.jpg

Easy, the GT40 Ford.

Attachments

• $ford_GT40-08-1024.jpg
    $ford_GT40-08-1024.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 64

Forum List

Back