If your party isn't perfect, make one better.

StevenM

Rookie
Aug 26, 2007
I talk to friends and coworkers about the usual stuff-- the weather, what's on TV, politics... and it got me thinking. Many people are Republicans because they don't want to be Democrats, Democrats because they don't want to be Republicans. I know some that would vote Libertarian, but think they would just be throwing their vote away. In almost all cases, people don't agree with most of their own party's politics. A friend of mine is almost the ideal Democrat, but is against abortion so votes Republican. Another would literally need a party formed around them to be happy.

I know not everyone can be completely happy with the wide range of issues a party deals with, but they could be happier.

I just started a new site, Politicl.com. The point is to rally enough people around a common set of issues and values to influence the big two parties and improve the system. To make it our own again. Politicl.com isn't there yet, it needs you to grow.

Let me know what you think.

I am feeling that this post is just a troll advertising. Atleast from the context of the thread. Id love to see what others think or if the original poster will once again post. maybe create some discussion on the matter.

I'll post again, sure. And yes, I want people at least look at the site. I want to know if anyone thinks it is a good idea or if it will never work. If that makes me a troll, then you can delete this post, no hard feelings.

Even without looking at the site, I want to know if people think using the interactivity of the internet to work out a new party is even possible.

I'll post again, sure. And yes, I want people at least look at the site. I want to know if anyone thinks it is a good idea or if it will never work. If that makes me a troll, then you can delete this post, no hard feelings.

Even without looking at the site, I want to know if people think using the interactivity of the internet to work out a new party is even possible.

Possible yes.... asking for unknowns input with no basic frame work is a recipe for chaos and disaster though.

I would suggest you find a few people from different political groups willing to discuss the issue and form a committe to hash out basic planks or party views, from there use the board as a sounding source to see how those planks fly.

There will NEVER be a single party that can cater to everyone or provide everything most people want, it is always going to be a game of chosing the group that most closely fits YOUR priorities while accepting the lesser important points you do not agree with but can live with.

We need a Franklin Junta party

"One of the interesting "laws" of Benjamin Franklin's Junto was that members were "forbid the use of every word or expression in the language that imported a fixed opinion, such as certainly, undoubtedly, etc." One of the tenets of the club is "you don't know it all" and that you can see more clearly by using the eyes, ears and minds of many people."

I don't think we need more political parties at all. I think we need fewer, like zero. The more parties you have the harder it is for plurality to be reached in elections. Do we really want elected officials that were voted in by less than half the population?

I talk to friends and coworkers about the usual stuff-- the weather, what's on TV, politics... and it got me thinking. Many people are Republicans because they don't want to be Democrats, Democrats because they don't want to be Republicans. I know some that would vote Libertarian, but think they would just be throwing their vote away. In almost all cases, people don't agree with most of their own party's politics. A friend of mine is almost the ideal Democrat, but is against abortion so votes Republican. Another would literally need a party formed around them to be happy.

I know not everyone can be completely happy with the wide range of issues a party deals with, but they could be happier.

I just started a new site, Politicl.com. The point is to rally enough people around a common set of issues and values to influence the big two parties and improve the system. To make it our own again. Politicl.com isn't there yet, it needs you to grow.

Let me know what you think.

The Gunny Party? Piss me off and you go on mess duty!:wtf:

Don't bother. You're not gonna change jackshit.

I dont know. I think one person can change the world. Not sure this is the way to do it though.

As the original poster has posted again ill take it as a sign that he might stick around and is not a troll. Enjoy the conversation.

the very nature of American political parties have changed since our founding fathers were loyal subjects of the British crown. It will change again.

Forum List

Back