If your Jewish do you find this joke funny or offensive?

johnrocks

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2009
West Monroe, La.
A Taliban militant gets lost and is wandering around the desert looking for water. He finally arrives at a store run by a Jew and asks for water. The Jewish vendor tells him he doesn’t have any water but can gladly sell him a tie. The Taliban, the jokes goes on, begins to curse and yell at the Jewish storeowner. The Jew, unmoved, offers the rude militant an idea: Beyond the hill, there is a restaurant; they can sell you water. The Taliban keeps cursing and finally leaves toward the hill. An hour later he’s back at the tie store. He walks in and tells the merchant: “Your brother tells me I need a tie to get into the restaurant.

Just curious if that is funny or offensive or somewhere other like semi funny, not funny or offensive etc.

I find it funny myself. But as 'slackjawed rothschild' I must warn you that the New World Order now has it's eye on you..........

Attachments

• $Illuminati-Haende-gr.jpg
    $Illuminati-Haende-gr.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 100
Actually, the Jewish person is just the vehicle.

The real target of the joke is the Taliban who wouldn't buy the tie, and didn't ask the Jewish man why he would need a tie.

And when he had to come back? Well, no offense to Jewish people was done.

No, I'm not Jewish, but I do study Judaic theology and have some good Jewish friends.

Without both, it's still funny, and it's still relevant.

Like I said, it's not really offensive to anyone. Hey, JohnRocks, did you catch some shit from a Jewish person for telling this?

Annie has another thread on the same joke. The guy who is 0bama's NSA adviser told it at a speech. If this is the kind of mental level 0bama calls on for National Security advice, we are so screwed.

I'm half Jewish (if there can be such a thing) and find the joke to be moderately amusing.

I'll give it a 7.5/10.

Not bad but I think it would have broader appeal if you changed Taliban militant to Arab.

Last edited:
The LMSM has the following equation:

Offense = f(political party of jokester (D=.000001, R= 10))*(chance to embarrass a Republican) *3.157*10^34,850))

Ethnically half-Jewish, I don't think it's offensive and it's mildly amusing. Warrants a smile not a laugh, sorta clever but on the level of Vaudeville stand-up.

Among cultural stereotypes that are largely true, in my experience Jews have an especially good sense of humor and are particularly self-deprecating. It's a source of pride even.

It's fair game nowadays to be offended by every crack that even hints at something off-color, but I just don't think it's a racist joke (it's target is not "a greedy Jew" as some have said but the outwitted Taliban member), I think this is just an opportunity being seized to try to fit into a silly narrative being concocted that Obama is anti-Semitic or somehow insufficiently pro-Israel, seems like they're reaching but it'll probably work. The ADL already bitched about it and got an apology.

The offensive thing to me is that the White House altered the transcript to remove the joke. Another example of "the most transparent administration in history" (sic) being deceitful for PR reasons.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back