If your friend were in this country illegally

This is a good thread but it has nothing to do with illegal immigration. It's about ethics, about a moral dilemma I'll try to sum up below:

It's easy to join a Message Board and start demonizing illegal immigrants through inflated statistics and hateful rhetoric:

"The US has 20 million illegals!!" (grossly exaggerated number)

"Illegal aliens are the spawn of Satan, hardcore criminals who are responsible for most of America's problems" (hateful rethoric... open, democratic societies consider illegal immigration a simple misdemeanor).

"I have it on good authority that they kidnap children and eat them alive during satanic rituals of cannibalism!!"

blah, blah, blah...

But what should you do when an illegal immigrant becomes your personal friend, in other words, when the hateful rhetoric is replaced by reality and you realise that most illegals are just ordinary people like yourself who just happened to have committed a misdemeanor crossing an imaginary line on a map seeking a better life?

This thread explores a fascinating ethical conundrum but it has nothing to do with illegal immigration.

America would be in paradise if her real immigration problem had anything to do with good-hearted american citizens like hjmick, Mr. Clean, Grace, High Gravity, Ghook being torn between turning illegals in, giving them good advice, and many other courses of action available to them after discovering that the unbelievable, frightening demonisation of illegal immigrants that we currenty see in America has nothing to do with the individuals that are in front of them and have become their friends.

America's real immigration problem is the US government showing the same hesitation about enforcing the laws of the land. Anyone who has ever seen a bunch of illegal Mexicans being picked up by contractors in broad daylight already knows that the US government does not lack information about illegals (not exactly a state secret).

The country does not need information about illegals from its citizens... It needs strong political will from its leaders.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Angelhair
I would close the border and put the same type of fence that they use in prisons. I say - screw Mexico! The USA does not owe them a damn thing. They are lucky we tolerate them. If they have not in all these centuries build a decent country so that their people don't want to leave it, they can rot for all I care. The USA is too damn lenient with a country that is obviously too inept to do anything correct. They can keep blaming the USA for their failures till the cows come home. It still does not change a damn thing in their country. When one can't do anything right because they just don't have what it takes, there is not much anybody can do to help. Let them sink or swim. Let them keep blaming the USA and everybody else that they want. It's easier to blame others than to take responsibility. It's called L.A.Z.Y. They continue to be the same miserable country in spite of it.
You're incredibly dumb. There are more than 100 third world countries in the world. What makes you think America would have any less of a problem with any one of them?

You should thank God Mexico is America's southern neighbor.

If America shared a land border with dirty poor countries like Haiti or Somalia her problems with illegal immigration would be 10 times worse.

Seems to me that more than a couple of people in this thread don't know the meaning of friendship.

Sad really...

Friendship does not trump philosophy in my mind. That's part of why I have so few good, close friends and that doesn't really bother me at all.

I too have a very small circle of friends, very, very small. But the criteria by which I choose my friends leads to a principle I will never compromise... You don't betray your friends.

The friends I have, I would help them hide the bodies, no questions asked.

I'd also help them move, now that's saying something. :lol:

But would you help them at the expense of US American lives?

Seems to me that more than a couple of people in this thread don't know the meaning of friendship.

Sad really...

Yeah, all those Americans died so you could have a few illegals for friends. Did you ever ask them what they think of the position THEY put you in?

and you found out, what would you do?

Me? I'd do my best to convince my friend to go home. I would then start the paperwork and be his/her sponsor so she/he could return legally. If my friend refused, I would apologize to him or her and tell him or her that I couldn't be around them anymore or have them around my family. They are criminals and I can't condone that, nor do I want my children to believe I would.

No matter how much I love my friends, I will not compromise my principles for them.

Would you turn them in to the Feds?

I don't know, certainly not without warning them first.

And the worst that happens to them is that their party is over. The party paid for by American taxpayers. They get deported on Monday and sneak back in on Tuesday.

José;3637324 said:
Originally posted by hjmick

True.

And it seems to me that no one here besides me knows what really happens when you call the Immigration Service

Originally posted by Anachronism
#2. I'd be talking to the nice people at INS and ICE about his name, address, and phone number ASAP.

Go ahead, Big Bird.

Call the Immigration Service, denounce an illegal without adding trumped-up charges like drug dealing or pimping and listen to the ICE agent politely telling you to go bother someone else.

You might want to show those illegals pictures of really poor people and how they will die when illegals take the funds meant to feed them.

They might bust out laughing, but that depends if it is in the LA RAZA manual for sneaking into the US, made courtesy of the Mexican government.

I too have a very small circle of friends, very, very small. But the criteria by which I choose my friends leads to a principle I will never compromise... You don't betray your friends.

The friends I have, I would help them hide the bodies, no questions asked.

I'd also help them move, now that's saying something. :lol:

In my mind at the moment the significant philosophical difference occurs, the friendship ceases to exist, so there is no betrayal.

I have a small number of friends I'd kill or die for. Outside of that I don't have many friends at all. Acquaintances, but not friends.

José;3637324 said:
Go ahead, Big Bird.

Call the Immigration Service, denounce an illegal without adding trumped-up charges like drug dealing or pimping and listen to the ICE agent politely telling you to go bother someone else.

Actually I know an ICE agent who works out at the same gym I do. I guarantee you it wouldn't get swept under the rug.

Look at all those dead GIs that had families and friends too. Do you think Mexicans give a damn about the responsibility that Americans have for the countries around the world? They want their Cadillac Escalade, their 2 flat in a Latino ghetto where they rent matteress to poor illegals, and dish TV to watch "Lucy" and "Sabado Gigante".

alg_sabado_gigante.jpg

Last edited:
José;3638708 said:
This is a good thread but it has nothing to do with illegal immigration. It's about ethics, about a moral dilemma I'll try to sum up below:

It's easy to join a Message Board and start demonizing illegal immigrants through inflated statistics and hateful rhetoric:

"The US has 20 million illegals!!" (grossly exaggerated number)

"Illegal aliens are the spawn of Satan, hardcore criminals who are responsible for most of America's problems" (hateful rethoric... open, democratic societies consider illegal immigration a simple misdemeanor).

"I have it on good authority that they kidnap children and eat them alive during satanic rituals of cannibalism!!"

blah, blah, blah...

But what should you do when an illegal immigrant becomes your personal friend, in other words, when the hateful rhetoric is replaced by reality and you realise that most illegals are just ordinary people like yourself who just happened to have committed a misdemeanor crossing an imaginary line on a map seeking a better life?

This thread explores a fascinating ethical conundrum but it has nothing to do with illegal immigration.

America would be in paradise if her real immigration problem had anything to do with good-hearted american citizens like hjmick, Mr. Clean, Grace, High Gravity, Ghook being torn between turning illegals in, giving them good advice, and many other courses of action available to them after discovering that the unbelievable, frightening demonisation of illegal immigrants that we currenty see in America has nothing to do with the individuals that are in front of them and have become their friends.

America's real immigration problem is the US government showing the same hesitation about enforcing the laws of the land. Anyone who has ever seen a bunch of illegal Mexicans being picked up by contractors in broad daylight already knows that the US government does not lack information about illegals (not exactly a state secret).

The country does not need information about illegals from its citizens... It needs strong political will from its leaders.

How many illegals will call the police when Mexican gangbangers attack their American friend?

José;3638885 said:
[You're incredibly dumb. There are more than 100 third world countries in the world. What makes you think America would have any less of a problem with any one of them?

And Mexico should thank the hispanics who infiltrated the Catholic Church of America and have been funneling that Sunday collection money to Latino Only organizations that hide under a crucifix and help sneak in the illegals.

José;3638885 said:
[You're incredibly dumb. There are more than 100 third world countries in the world. What makes you think America would have any less of a problem with any one of them?

If America shared a land border with dirty poor countries like Haiti or Somalia her problems with illegal immigration would be 10 times worse.

How much charitable funds and aid gets conficated by LATINOS to keep poor people poor in Latin America? If they don't give a damn about their own people, imagine how they will act when they are your neighbor spitting out those bandito babies to terrorize future generations of Americans.

Last edited:
José;3635066 said:
People, I don't want to sound rude but I think you're confusing two entirely different kinds of human fauna:

Illegal immigrants with russian, chinese spies.

Illegal immigrants did not receive years of training in spying techniques and do not count with the massive support of foreign governments to keep their true identities and whereabouts unknown. The identities of illegal aliens as well as the place they live and work is not a state secret. All this information is of public knowledge.

The US government does not arrest and expel the chinese and russian spies currently "working" in America because it does not know who and where they are.

The US government does not arrest and deport illegal aliens because it simply does not want to.

You won't be telling the government anything it doesn't already know (not the details about a specific illegal immigrant but the general information: this or that residential/industrial/commercial area has lots of illegals, etc, etc).

Since the US government is not seriously interested in MASS DEPORTATIONS your information would most likely fall on deaf ears. Your only chance to see anything done is to add a lie to the story, accusing the illegal of pimping or drug-trafficking/possesion.

If Ghook's mexican pals were a bunch of rude assholes he would have learned this lesson the hard way. His phone call to the Immigration Service would in all likelihood be solemnly ignored.

You can denounce scores of illegal aliens but good luck trying to convince the federal government to do anything about it.

The solution is quite simple - put the military at the border and stop the game playing. It's long overdue. Either that or the american people WILL take up arms and then you will see chaos the likes of which you have never seen!!
The U.S. government is playing both sides of the coin. Not to mention how they say one thing to the spanish media and another to the english. And of course who can not see Obama playing games and making jokes about the plight of those who live in the soutwest states.

José;3638885 said:

And Mexico should thank the hispanics who infiltrated the Catholic Church of America and have been funneling that Sunday collection money to Latino Only organizations that hide under a crucifix and help sneak in the illegals.

Latinos aren't hurting the Catholic church any.

Law & Order had an episode on this once, lol. About a priest who was protecting an illegal. Kinda interesting.

José;3638885 said:

Law & Order had an episode on this once, lol. About a priest who was protecting an illegal. Kinda interesting.

Actually, the Catholic Church in Tiajuana was busted once for laundering drug money. They made a statement about how they really never know where collections come from but if the money comes from an evil source like drug dealers, the Church wants none of it. Even if it was a drug dealer trying to go straight. They said, give the money to someone else. We don't want it.

But I can prove easily that LATINO ONLY organizations get the most money even though the church admits that white people in the US are the majority of the poor.

José;3638885 said:

Here's something interesting too. How the church in Mexico helps illegals on their way into the US.

Eagle Pass Border Wall | Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly | PBS

I wouldn't do anything. They've come here for a reason, I wouldn't even do anything if it wasn't a friend. Amnesty is coming, let them wait for it here.

Did you know that the IRS doesn't even ask whether you are in the country illegally? A good percentage of illegals pay taxes too..

I wouldn't do anything. They've come here for a reason, I wouldn't even do anything if it wasn't a friend. Amnesty is coming, let them wait for it here.

I say set up a trap for these invaders. Like pretend to give them college then force them to spill the beans on their families and friends. It would serve them right.

Free college
Free healthcare
Free cars
Free houses

I'll send them to hell on a skate board!!

Nah, amnesty is not coming - open borders are!!! Some of you people are soooooooooo naive!

Here's something interesting too. How the church in Mexico helps illegals on their way into the US.

Eagle Pass Border Wall | Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly | PBS

The RCC as well as the spanish media/businesses will help and protect their base in any way that they can - legally and/or illegally! That is just a very simple fact.

Forum List

Back