If your child or grandchild was gunned down...

If your child or grandchild was gunned down by a nut with an assault rifle, would you still oppose a ban on their purchase. Please be Honest...

If your child or grandchild was blew up by a fertilizer bomb, would you want fertilizer banned?

Of course not. I would be looking at how the got the info to build the bomb - if it was from the internet, restrict websites showing you how to make such bombs would be enough.

No. My thoughts and arguments would be for addressing the perpetrators, not the weapon of choice.

Maybe he thinks anyone who loses a child or grandchild to a tragic event like this would just be a "mature" human being and blame the gun rather than the killer? There are few things that I can think of that would push me over the edge. That is one of them. I would want revenge.

Immie

I completely understand how you feel. And yet God says that vengence is His and we need to love people, even those who do horrible things to us. Not an easy life to live.

If your child or grandchild was gunned down by a nut with an assault rifle, would you still oppose a ban on their purchase. Please be Honest...

If your child or grandchild was blew up by a fertilizer bomb, would you want fertilizer banned?

Of course not. I would be looking at how the got the info to build the bomb - if it was from the internet, restrict websites showing you how to make such bombs would be enough.

So ban speech instead of guns.

Not really seeing how that fixes anything.

Does anyone need to know how to build a bomb?

I wouldn't support banning such websites, by the way. It was just a suggestion.

Does anyone need to know how to build a bomb?

I wouldn't support banning such websites, by the way. It was just a suggestion.

When the Zombie Apocalypse comes, you might want to.

Maybe he thinks anyone who loses a child or grandchild to a tragic event like this would just be a "mature" human being and blame the gun rather than the killer? There are few things that I can think of that would push me over the edge. That is one of them. I would want revenge.

Immie

I completely understand how you feel. And yet God says that vengence is His and we need to love people, even those who do horrible things to us. Not an easy life to live.

I cannot argue with that but I am human and a sinner. God can take his vengeance through me.

How is that for taking that verse out of context? :D

Immie

If your child were killed in a car accident would you want to ban cars? If he were killed in a swimming pool (far more likely btw) would you want to ban swimming pools?
Be honest.

Nah, just kidding. You can't do that.

Think Chicago, gun ban, no gun, gun free zone. 500 dead this year alone. I don't know how many are children.

If your child were killed in a car accident would you want to ban cars? If he were killed in a swimming pool (far more likely btw) would you want to ban swimming pools?
Be honest.

Although I understand your point, there is a big difference between a car accident and an assault on school children such as we had in CT.

Immie

Of course I would oppose a ban. The weapon, whether it be a brick, rock, tree limb, baseball bat, knife or gun is simply the tool used. How many people pick up a wrench to hammer on something when a hammer isn't readily available. Banning certain types of weapons is misguided. The issue is the person brandishing the tool, not the tool itself. In almost all of these mass murder cases, these people didn't just all of a sudden one day snap. In other words, they were not normal, happy, productive people who just went on a rampage and everyone who knew them was shocked at their actions. They are people who have been displaying increasingly creepy behavior and many of the people around them were scared of them and worried about what they might potentially do. The underlying issue in all of these cases is mental health and a lack of resources to deal with that........not the tool the sick person used. Since Lanza was an adult and becoming increasingly harder for his mother to deal with, she was seeking conservatorship so she could have him committed. When he murdered her and 26 others, she was waiting for a court date. Quit worrying about how "easy" it is to get a gun and start worrying why it is so hard to commit sick people and remove the root cause to these killings.

Be honest.

Although I understand your point, there is a big difference between a car accident and an assault on school children such as we had in CT.

Immie

Really? What is it? Is someone less dead either way?

Be honest.

Immie

Really? What is it? Is someone less dead either way?

Basically, intent. Even if the driver was drunk he/she did not intend to murder X number of people but in a school shooting like we just went through there was by all means an evil intent to kill as many people as possible.

Immie

If an armed Good Samaritan saved your child or grandchild from a nut by using his assault weapon, would you still oppose a ban on their purchase? Please be honest.

Forum List

Back