If Your Candidate Lost.....

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
I feel you. Not all of mine did, and I am mostly happy but sad as well. I just wanna say, I have been in hotel banquet rooms on election night more than once before, crying like someone died. When you put yourself out there because you believe in a candidate or idea and it is not a successful outcome, it can be heart-breaking.

I think we are all "good Americans", even the most batshit among us. We all believe in democracy, we all love our country, and we all want what's best, not just for ourselves, but for all Americans.

If your candidate lost, I *cuddle you* and though it may not console you muchly tonight, remember -- you get to needle the winner throughout his or her term.

Peace out, my fellow USMB-ers.

God%20Bless%20America.jpg

One lost!
One I have no clue, probably won't know until tomorrow at the earliest. Murray is in the lead, but you never know. Most of Washington State mails in their ballots, with Pierce county being the only county that isn't a mail in ballot only county.

• Banned
One lost!
One I have no clue, probably won't know until tomorrow at the earliest. Murray is in the lead, but you never know. Most of Washington State mails in their ballots, with Pierce county being the only county that isn't a mail in ballot only county.

You guys on the left hand side of the map are keeping me up!

Any idea about Hawaii or Alaska yet?

One lost!

hawaii no clue!

write in ballots are in the lead in Alaska with 40%, but they can't open the ballots for awhile. I have heard two weeks, but I don't know if that is correct.

• Banned
One lost!

hawaii no clue!

write in ballots are in the lead in Alaska with 40%, but they can't open the ballots for awhile. I have heard two weeks, but I don't know if that is correct.

TWO WEEKS? WTF?

Dun they have some people on unemployment they can hire to help open envelopes and count?

Geeze Louise.

• Banned
No, I think it is a law or something. LOL

Good grief. Some voting laws are so horse and buggy.....

2010 Hawaii Governor Race
Hawaii Governor - Aiona vs. Abercrombie
Poll Date Sample Abercrombie (D) Aiona (R) Spread
RCP Average 10/12 - 10/23 -- 50.0 45.0 Abercrombie +5.0
Aloha Vote/MRG 10/23 - 10/23 1181 LV 50 45 Abercrombie +5
Honolulu Star-Advertiser 10/12 - 10/19 608 LV 51 43 Abercrombie +8
Rasmussen Reports 10/13 - 10/13 500 LV 49 47 Abercrombie +2
More Polling Data | News

RealClearPolitics - 2010 Hawaii Governor Race

I dun know much about Aiona, just that Hawaii has a very odd food stamp program.
US SENATOR
Total
Number of Precincts 438
Precincts Reporting 256 58.4 %
Times Counted 152720/494876 30.9 %
Total Votes 151504
Carter, Tim NA 487 0.32%
Gianoutsos, Ted NA 236 0.16%
Haase, Fredrick LIB 783 0.52%
McAdams, Scott T. DEM 36855 24.33%
Miller, Joe REP 53824 35.53%
Write-in Votes 59319 39.15%

GEMS ELECTION RESULTS

Looks like Murkowski in Alaska for US Senate. (Take that, Palin. Did anyone you endorsed win?)

GOVERNOR/LT GOVERNOR
Total
Number of Precincts 438
Precincts Reporting 256 58.4 %
Times Counted 152720/494876 30.9 %
Total Votes 151572
Berkowitz and Benson DEM 57549 37.97%
Parnell and Treadwel REP 89768 59.22%
Toien and Brown LIB 1484 0.98%
Wright, Donald R. AI 2360 1.56%
Write-in Votes 411 0.27%

GEMS ELECTION RESULTS

Parnell is a Republican and an incumbent; looks as if he'll win.

All my dreams came true.

Senator Rubio.

gone are Crist, Grayson, and Boyd.

Life is good

Who's your new governor, Willow?

Don't know yet. Either way I'm fine.

More fun in Palm Beach County, eh?

The outcome of the governor's race was still unclear Wednesday morning, 12 hours after the polls closed across Florida.

The state's unofficial tally had Republican Rick Scott ahead of Democrat Alex Sink by 72,007 votes, with 5.2 million cast.

While Scott declared confidence in victory, Sink refused to concede. "We're going to make sure that every Floridian's voice will be heard," Sink said in a prepared statement. "And we will not stop until every ballot is counted."

The biggest delay came in Palm Beach County, ground zero of the 2000 presidential election meltdown. County officials did not finish counting ballots until after 4 a.m. In Hillsborough County, Sink's home, more than 30,000 early voting ballots had to be recounted because they were incorrectly uploaded.

The final count in Palm Beach County was delayed after an employee error forced votes from 10 of the remaining 53 precincts to be recounted, Elections Supervisor Susan Bucher said.

Scott ahead, but outcome of Florida governor's race still up in the air - St. Petersburg Times

Who's your new governor, Willow?

Don't know yet. Either way I'm fine.

More fun in Palm Beach County, eh?

The outcome of the governor's race was still unclear Wednesday morning, 12 hours after the polls closed across Florida.

The state's unofficial tally had Republican Rick Scott ahead of Democrat Alex Sink by 72,007 votes, with 5.2 million cast.

While Scott declared confidence in victory, Sink refused to concede. "We're going to make sure that every Floridian's voice will be heard," Sink said in a prepared statement. "And we will not stop until every ballot is counted."

The biggest delay came in Palm Beach County, ground zero of the 2000 presidential election meltdown. County officials did not finish counting ballots until after 4 a.m. In Hillsborough County, Sink's home, more than 30,000 early voting ballots had to be recounted because they were incorrectly uploaded.

The final count in Palm Beach County was delayed after an employee error forced votes from 10 of the remaining 53 precincts to be recounted, Elections Supervisor Susan Bucher said.

Scott ahead, but outcome of Florida governor's race still up in the air - St. Petersburg Times

transplanted New Yorkers, what can I say?

Forum List

Back