~If You Were To Die Tonight~

What Do You Expect To Happen When You Die??

• Not Sure

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Utterly Cease To Exist

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Go To Heaven

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Go To Hell

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Go To Purgatory

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Be Reincarnated

• Experience My Own Personal Afterlife

• Total voters
Only one "go to hell" ?
I like the "cease to exist" thingy.
I hate harp music and don't have much of a foot fetish for "anointing".
Reincarnation would be interesting................on another planet.

There are many different beliefs as to what happens to us when we die. What do you think will happen?? I have added a poll (hope it works) and if your 'option' or 'choice' isn't on the poll, please do not hesitate to add it in a post!

Seems most people think they're going to Heaven.

I think a lot of them could be wrong.

Heaven is where you go when you're pure and perfect.

Even Jesus didn't go there right away. First he went to Paradise.

There are many different beliefs as to what happens to us when we die. What do you think will happen?? I have added a poll (hope it works) and if your 'option' or 'choice' isn't on the poll, please do not hesitate to add it in a post!

You do know that the word 'Paradise' in the Bible refers to the Garden of Eden right?

G3857
παράδεισος
paradeisos
par-ad'-i-sos
Of Oriental origin (compare [H6508]); a park, that is, (specifically) an Eden (place of future happiness, “paradise”): - paradise.

Eden is seen as Heaven to some Biblical scholars. The Tree of Life is seen as Jesus. This is why Jesus is said to be the bread of life. Paradise could only be another way of saying 'Heaven'.

Just food for though. ;)

I seen that, followed by a close 'cease to exist'.
I haven't even voted yet........

Actually, eventually everyone DOES end up in Heaven. Incidentally, the Gates of Heaven are guarded by 2 angels with swords of fire, and they purify you before you enter.

Question is, how much of your soul has to be replaced before you get there?

Dabs, I am a strong believer in the idea that this world is really nothing more than a proving ground for the soul. At the moment of death, the soul is faced with a Judgement by the Higher Powers. They have the ability to make one of three Judgements....

1. The soul has reached the appropriate level of awareness of Right & Wrong, and proven its ability to live a life based on those ideals. That soul is granted access to whichever of the Higher Planes of existance it so chooses, based on its spiritual preferences (Heaven, Asgard, The Happy Hunting Grounds, etc....). After a period of time these souls MAY choose to return to Earth in physical form, but in doing so they once again make themselves vulnerable to Judgement at the end of their mortal lives.

2. The soul has not yet reached that appropriate level of awareness, but is not yet unredeemable. These souls are sent to the Lower Planes to be punished and re-educated for a period of time before once again being granted physical form on Earth to try again.

3. The soul has proven that it is unredeemable. These souls are cast into the Lower Planes to suffer for their wrongdoings for eternity.

Personally, I expect that I'll be headed back for more "re-education" after this lifetime.

I don't believe in an afterlife (haven't seen evidence to convince me one exists), but reincarnation seems much more reasonable an afterlife idea than a Heaven/Hell. An eternal reward or punishment based on the incredibly small amount of time we have in this life just doesn't make sense. Reincarnation, where we live again and again in order to learn and grow, at least allows some time before any kind of eternal reward.

I of course voted for ceasing to exist.

So far- the Go To Heaven has the lead, followed closely in second by Utterly Cease To Exist~

You know........considering what different people consider Heaven, I'd be willing to bet that there are as many different Heavens as there are people.

You know........considering what different people consider Heaven, I'd be willing to bet that there are as many different Heavens as there are people.

And you may very well be correct sir :)

Well, if you understand a bit about higher physics and know M theory, you'd know that there are many other different universes.

I mean.........it would just make sense. Besides, our souls are a small piece of God, and I personally don't think that He would throw something away.

Besides.......in the Lost Gospel of Thomas, it states that ALL OF US eventually get into Heaven. It's just a question of how much purifying and surgery does your soul need?

Well, if you understand a bit about higher physics and know M theory, you'd know that there are many other different universes.

I mean.........it would just make sense. Besides, our souls are a small piece of God, and I personally don't think that He would throw something away.

Besides.......in the Lost Gospel of Thomas, it states that ALL OF US eventually get into Heaven. It's just a question of how much purifying and surgery does your soul need?

You make sense.
But sometimes.....honestly??...I don't think God really wants people like me in Heaven.
I don't think I'm good enough, if that makes sense :(

You make sense.
But sometimes.....honestly??...I don't think God really wants people like me in Heaven.
I don't think I'm good enough, if that makes sense :(

Yep.......self doubt is a bitch, but I have a solution for that as well.

Go to your local bookstore, and find a book called "The Greatest Miracle in the World" by Og Mandino. Read the book all the way through once, and then go back to the instructions at the end of Chapter 8, and follow the instructions laid out for you in Chapter 9, The God Memorandum.

Trust me........it'll change your life. It changed mine a great deal for the good, and I've shown other people how to do it, and it has changed their lives for the better as well.

Book shouldn't cost more than 10 bucks or so.

But think about this for a second Dabs...........you realize who created you, right? And you know that there is only 1 person like you in the world, right? That means you are a person of extreme rarity, because you were created by a Master, and there is only one of you.

Count your blessings.
Proclaim your rarity.
Go another mile.
Use wisely, your power of choice.
Do all things with love. Love of God, love of yourself and love of your fellow humans.

Trust me..........it's well worth the effort.

Forum List

Back