~If You Were To Die Tonight~

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Dabs, Jun 1, 2011.

?

What Do You Expect To Happen When You Die??

1. Not Sure

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. Utterly Cease To Exist

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Go To Heaven

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  4. Go To Hell

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Go To Purgatory

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Be Reincarnated

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  7. Experience My Own Personal Afterlife

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Dabs

Dabs ~Unpredictable~

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    There are many different beliefs as to what happens to us when we die. What do you think will happen?? I have added a poll (hope it works) and if your 'option' or 'choice' isn't on the poll, please do not hesitate to add it in a post!

2. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    If I was to die tonight, where would I go?

Well........I kinda look at this from a different perspective than most, because I don't believe I'm a human in search of a spiritual experience, rather I believe that I'm a spiritual being having a human one.

In Judaic theology, they talk about God placing a small piece of His energy in the embryo created by your parents at about the 40 day mark, and that piece of His energy is what you call your soul. Interestingly enough, scientists have now shown that a human embryo doesn't develop a nervous system until around that point.

Then, there's the many other philosophies/theologies that profess a belief in reincarnation (Judaic is just one of them).

And finally, there's the 1st Law of Thermodynamics, which states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. What runs your body? That's right.......electric impulses running through your nervous system, controlled by your brain.

So, what happens when we leave our meat suit? Well, if there are lessons that you still have to learn, you'll be brought back via reincarnation. If there are no more lessons? Well, then you go and rejoin God (or, as Taoists would say, you rejoin the Tao).

Me? I think that when I go, I'm going to go back to Father.

Why? Because I spend an awful lot of time talking to Him now, so I'm pretty sure that I'll have a good pathway to follow to get back to Him.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    WTF???? Seems like I just posted here. Was that in a past life?

4. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    And you know.......I think there are as many different areas of Heaven as there are people. Why? Because we all like different things and talk to God in our own unique way.

Heaven is actually a place where people are close to Father and talk to Him regularly.

5. Dabs

Dabs ~Unpredictable~

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    No silly, the other thread I made about this, I forgot to click the add the poll button, so I fucked up, so just re-do OK...thanks!
    I hope a mod will come along and cancel the last one, which is why it says Cancel Please :lol:

6. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    Dabs made a mistake? I don't believe it!!!:lol:

OK. Here's the deal. When you die, if you're a guy, you enter into a place that is like a topless bar but only much nicer. It is full of extremely attractive ladies, all topless, and each of them comes by to offer you your drink of preference. They all encourage you to have a couple of drinks and state they would like to help you get over to the other side. When you have selected one of them to be your traveling pal you walk out the door and down the street to the Pearly Gates. Here you are checked in and given a room and you and your traveling pal go there to discover heaven. That's if you are a guy. If you are a woman, you enter into a store much like Sears and are given a new stove, refrigerator, washing machine and dryer, and a broom and then sent immediately back to Earth. You are greeted by a guy that looks a lot like Al Bundy and he says "Bring me another beer, bitch."

7. Dabs

Dabs ~Unpredictable~

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Hey BBD, I love you too :tongue:
    Great afterlife story btw!

8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Did you leave out the annoying "~"s on the last one?

I do wish you'd knock those off. It's very attention seeking and not necessary.

9. Dabs

Dabs ~Unpredictable~

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    It is sincerely not meant to seek out attention, I assure you. I have done it for years! I do it at my school for Christ's sake!
    It's a habit, I'm sorry.
    Have you ever had a habit you have tried desperately to stop??
    Well, think about it then.
    Smokers have bad habits, nail biters have bad habits, cussers have bad habits, people who chew with their mouth open have bad habits- everybody has something that annoys others, you included!
    You're the only one bitching at me about my fucking curlies (~~~~).
    For fuck's sake...pull out your gun and shoot my ass, see if I care.
    I'm not liking having to change who I am because somebody thinks something I do is annoying to them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  10. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    I beleive in reincarnation and an afterlife.

Good people go to a very nice place and can choose to return to become better people. [Think of earth as a forge. Sometimes you are the hammer, sometimes the anvil, or the thing inbetween the 2.] You will have things that you need to work on each time you come back. This time I'm working a patience and tolerance. If I do die today, see you later.

Middle of the line people go and get judged and are eventually sent back.

Evil people spend about a year in a hell hole. Consider living a 'life' knowing that everyone you see cannot be trusted and does not trust you. And then they to, are sent back.

that's the basics of my spiritual beleifs. PM me if you want anymore details

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011