If You Were President

Mar 18, 2004
If you were President of the United States, what would you do to change the world?

International Affairs

I'd get out of the United Nations. I'd give a speech at the UN, calling out all of its corrupt policies, calling out our allies such as France, germany, and Russia for financial ties to rogue states. I'd give a speech defended our policy in Iraq and our preemptive policy in the War on Terror. I'd start my own organization, one that doesn't allow the likes of Sudan, Syria, Libya, and others in it. I would only allow democratic government into it and it would only consist of military affairs. Our policy would be a mixture of containment, deterrence, preemption, and regime change.

War on Terror

I know a lot of people are calling for more troops in Iraq. I'd lower the amount of troops there to 100,000 by 2005, and I'd continue to take away thousands of forces, while slowly giving Iraqis more control.

I'd ask Muslim nations to join us in Iraq, such as Jordan, Egypt, Chad, and eventually maybe even Saudi Arabia, Libya, and Pakistan. I'd encourage democratic reforms in moderate Arab states.

I'd spark an uprising in Iran and I'd use tactical forces, maybe around 2006 or 2007, to militarily remove the mullahs in power. It would be a small force, a lot like Afghanistan... maybe a little bigger. A force of about 50,000 American soldiers as well as an uprising Iranian population.

I'd use force on camps in Syria, villages in Indonesia and Yemen, and factories in North Korea. I'd open up trade with Cuba and let captialism crush Castro's regime.

I'd create a third intelligence agency that just focused in on capturing high value targets.

Abortion

I'd make aboriton illegal. I'd make it free for women who want an abortion to give their egg to a woman who can't get pregnant.

Schools

I'd pay teachers on how well their students are doing. No tenure. No unions. Just results. Today, we have teachers pretending to teach and students pretending to learn.

Anything else?

Let's see.

1. Leave the UN. Start the United Free Countries Organization (UFCO) or something like that. Dictators and central communist committees need not apply.

2. Flat tax on all Americans, 18% of all earned income above the poverty level, with deductions for a) children, and b) mortgage interest, nothing else.

3. Get the federal government out of the education business, period. No NCLB, no DoE.

4. Free trade with everyone. If a country lays tariffs on our goods, we slap them with tariffs back, but otherwise, free trade should abound.

5. Enact the partial privitization of SS.

6. Reform Medicare.

Eliminate IRS, go with a consumption based sales national tax.

Build a wall on the US Mexico border. Try to climb over, you get shot.

Station troops on the US Canadian border 24/7, use air recon for difficult terrain.

Round up and deport all illegal aliens in 1 fell swoop, using local law enforcement. Although this will probably cause some tables to go un-bussed and some laundry to go stale at the local Holiday Inn, just think how quick the Unemployment rate would drop. :D

1 year moratatorium on immigration. Roll out new plan for legal immigration, no country based quotas, just a set # of spaces available each year. Number of people allowed in not to exceed # of people who left or died.

Evict the UN, form new world body consisting of countries with like minded ideals

Rescind all trade agreements and adopt gop_jeff's idea

Let states decide on gay marriage. Encourage them to have a simple yes no ballot.

Abortion only allowed in cases of rape, incest or where mother will die if procedure not performed.

Eliminate most BS federal agencies and require the states to enact their own laws and do their own homework.

Privitize or eliminate social security. If you can't figure out how to save enough money so you don't starve when you get old, you got no one to blame but yourself.

Eliminate all of the legal and bs regulations that have screwed up the health care industry alomost to the point of being beyond repair.

Propose the elimination of term limits. If people can not take time away from the TV and take a little responsibility to elect people to represent them, they deserve what they get.

Put the world on notice, any one fucks with our way of life or decides to attack us will be met with overwhelming no holds barred military action. Make an example of someone if need be. (Like we should have done in Fallujah)

Build national missle defense system, and implement SDI.

Remove US troops from all foreign soil unless majority of that countries population wants us there.

Stop being the worlds supercop. They all claim to hate us anyway, let them clean up their own messes.

Make a serious effort to figure out a new energy strategy. Eventually the world is going to run out of oil. Plus I would have pissed off most of the world by now, so we'll need to come up with something. It would be a shame if we were all huffing cow farts to try and get our cars out of the driveway :p:

Assassinate Kim Jong Il. That bastard is just flat out crazy. :p:

I agree with everything Jihad, (although some are unrealistic and would never fly lol) but except the get our troops out of foreign soil.

We're a superpower and we must act like it. If someone's fucking with a free nation, it is our business. That's just the way it is.

Nah...I have been to some of the free nations as the so-called "keep freedom alive" force. Piss on them. If the folks do not want us, away we go. I do not give a rat's rectum for most of the world or their problems. I take our first presidents words to heart, and aviod foreign entanglements. Sorry, but that is just the way I see it. 8 years of hearing "Yankee go home" in several languages tells me that we are not appreciated. So, lets pack up our toys and go home and play. Let someone else be the police force for the whole world. Most of them are not worth one US life.

Forum List

Back