If You Were Juan Williams...

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
-----would you sue NPR for firing you for violating their policies?

I would not at all. I would look at it as something bigger and better for me is just waiting to happen. I also would not want the stress of a lawsuit with my newly-found freedom to be weighing on my mind. I also would think that NPR would get theirs, so to speak and I would have nothing to do with it but laugh all the way to the bank....:eusa_clap:

Last edited:
He signed a 2 million dollars contact with FOX right after it happened, so he'll be ok. While NPR firing him was BS it's not like Juan is hurting, and I think the coverage that the incident is producing is showing everyone what NPR is really about.

-----would you sue NPR for firing you for violating their policies?

I would not at all. I would look at it as something bigger and better for me is just waiting to happen. I also would not want the stress of my newly-found freedom to be weighing on my mind. I also would think that NPR would get theirs, so to speak and I would have nothing to do with it but laugh all the way to the bank....:eusa_clap:

Why not, if he has a case.

No, I wouldn't sue.

People in the media have clauses in their contract that allow them to be dismissed for any behavior that their employer feels reflects poorly on them. It's called the "moral clause"

If I were him I would quickly wrote a book while the story is hot. insta-millions

I'd sue em in a second. I'd also make it my personal mission in life to end all Gov't funding of NPR and the CPB. It is high time for these institutions to stand on their own two feet.

No, I wouldn't sue.

People in the media have clauses in their contract that allow them to be dismissed for any behavior that their employer feels reflects poorly on them. It's called the "moral clause"

They'd have to prove that in court.

Prove what?

Read it again!! They can fire ANYONE if they feel the employees behavior reflects poorly on them. They don't have to prove the employees behavior reflected poorly on them; They just have to believe it reflected badly on them.

Under the law, an employer can fire ANYONE for ANY REASON, as long as they're not being fired due to their being a member of a "protected class" (ex minorities, women, the disabled, etc). I can fire someone tomorrow because "It's Saturday and I like to fire people on Saturdays". It doesn't even have to be a saturday

That's because we don't live in the conservatives statist fantasyland. Employers have a right to hire and fire whomever they want for whatever reasons they want (as long as it isn't because the employee is a member of a protected class) and I don't need a permission slip from your Conservative Nanny Govt

No, I wouldn't sue.

If it's written in the contract, it wouldn't take long to prove in court, then get a counter-suit for reckless frivolous lawsuits thrown back at him...

I bet their lawyers are more expensive than his...

Prove what?

Read it again!! They can fire ANYONE if they feel the employees behavior reflects poorly on them. They don't have to prove the employees behavior reflected poorly on them; They just have to believe it reflected badly on them.

Under the law, an employer can fire ANYONE for ANY REASON, as long as they're not being fired due to their being a member of a "protected class" (ex minorities, women, the disabled, etc). I can fire someone tomorrow because "It's Saturday and I like to fire people on Saturdays". It doesn't even have to be a saturday

That's because we don't live in the conservatives statist fantasyland. Employers have a right to hire and fire whomever they want for whatever reasons they want (as long as it isn't because the employee is a member of a protected class) and I don't need a permission slip from your Conservative Nanny Govt

Conservative nanny government?:smoke:

Contracts are subject to the intepretation of courts, or due process, if one party believes the other has breached the contract.

Unless you were a stakeholder in GM or Chrysler when Obama grabbed them and rendered your claim worthless, you have remedies.

That's what contract law and courts are for.

Contracts are subject to the intepretation of courts, or due process, if one party believes the other has breached the contract.

Unless you were a stakeholder in GM or Chrysler when Obama grabbed them and rendered your claim worthless, you have remedies.

That's what contract law and courts are for.

Yes, he can sue, but you have yet to explain how NPR violated their contract with him.

It is perfectly legal for an employer to fire an employee because they don't like what he said in public.

Forum List

Back