If you were god for 1 day

Go to a secluded Island...fix it up magnificently with a few waves of my hand...make sure there is perfect weather....and have a very good 24 hours.

Sounds selfish?
Well, even God can't fix the world in a day.

Believing in an almighty god implicies the ability to fix the world in 1 day.

But that would be a proof for his existence.

That question isn´t that easy is it?

Go to a secluded Island...fix it up magnificently with a few waves of my hand...make sure there is perfect weather....and have a very good 24 hours.

Sounds selfish?
Well, even God can't fix the world in a day.

Believing in an almighty god implicies the ability to fix the world in 1 day.

But that would be a proof for his existence.

That question isn´t that easy is it?

God could fix the world in 1 second if He were so inclined, but I wouldn't be asking for that if I were you.

See, the problem with the world is us. We brought sin into the world, and we continue to live in sin. Fixing the world would mean destroying us. The reason God has not done this is because He is slow to anger, desiring that people should repent and be saved from judgment.

He will one day destroy this world and create a new one. At that time, His patience with sinners will be gone, and His judgment will be just. Anyone who is without Christ at this time will not be happy about God fixing the world.

what would you do?

Remember 2 things:

1. You exist because of the faith of the believers. Any actions to proof your existence is forbidden.

2. You need the free will of the believers to trust and love you. Any actions to direct change the hearts of the human is forbidden.

You have one day. What will you do?

If there are rules attached then I am not God

However, I would probably raise George Carlin from the dead. I could make it look like he just went into hiding for a few years... so the rules wouldn't be broken in this scenario.

As for your premises, you are wrong:

1) God reveals Himself to people all the time.
2) God entices people to be good and changes people's hearts all the time.

Perhaps my english wasn´t good enough.

What I mean is that a faith is defined to disclaim a proof in general. A believer could get a personally proof of god but how valid it is for others is another question.

For example: Mother Teresa, by all the good things she did in her life in the name of god, suffered very deeply that she never heard the voice of god personally. But me, I did. So God revealed him for me but not for her, although she did so much more in her life for the christianity.

And the second point: Yes, he entices. But he doesn´t touch the free will. WHo wants to hear, will hear. But who won´t, god allowes to stay deaf.

That´s what I mean. God won´t create a general proof for himself, drawing a big face on the moon for example. And he won´t touch the free will. So this are his self given limits in God´s power. So let´s go back to the question: According to these limitations, what would you do if you have his power?

You did not quote that correctly, it is "If any man have ears to hear, let him hear." Nowhere does it say 'who wants to hear'.

Mar 4:23 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

For a man to have ears to hear the Lord has to give it to them....

Deu 29:4 Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.

Now tell me, where is the 'free will' in scripture? I am not meaning the words 'free will' but rather where/how it is taught in the Bible. I have always been taught free will, but the more I study the more I see we do not have the free will to choose until the Lord gives us the ability to choose.

You did not quote that correctly, it is "If any man have ears to hear, let him hear." Nowhere does it say 'who wants to hear'.

Deu 29:4 Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.

Now tell me, where is the 'free will' in scripture? I am not meaning the words 'free will' but rather where/how it is taught in the Bible. I have always been taught free will, but the more I study the more I see we do not have the free will to choose until the Lord gives us the ability to choose.

In one sense we do have "free will". However, in our unsaved state, we will always choose sin because we are sinful by nature. The Bible describes this state as spiritual deadness.

Ephesians 2:4-5, "But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have been saved -,"

Someone who is dead can't choose life. Likewise, someone who is spiritually dead will not choose to follow Christ unless God has already begun to work in them. This principle is made very clear throughout Scripture.

Ephesians 1:4-5, "Even as He [God] chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us for adoption through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will."

what would you do?

Remember 2 things:

1. You exist because of the faith of the believers. Any actions to proof your existence is forbidden.

2. You need the free will of the believers to trust and love you. Any actions to direct change the hearts of the human is forbidden.

God does not exist BECAUSE of the faith of believers. He exists, despite whatever man may think.

I'd make it so anyone who spelled God (or any reference to Him) always capitalized the first letter of His name.

1)Strike everyone's skin the same new colour

2)Pull a reverse-babble so everyone hears everyone else speaking in their own language

3)All political maps and religious texts in the world suddenly turn to ash; within the ash lies a small stone with the words 'All Are Human' engraved in it- everyone sees the words as though they appear in their own language

Last edited:

what would you do?

Remember 2 things:

I would destroy the earth. That's how I would get around the "faith" and "free will" loopholes.

what would you do?

Remember 2 things:

I would destroy the earth. That's how I would get around the "faith" and "free will" loopholes.

Remind me never to make you God for a day if I ever have the power to lol

In one sense we do have "free will". However, in our unsaved state, we will always choose sin because we are sinful by nature. The Bible describes this state as spiritual deadness.

Ephesians 2:4-5, "But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have been saved -,"

Someone who is dead can't choose life. Likewise, someone who is spiritually dead will not choose to follow Christ unless God has already begun to work in them. This principle is made very clear throughout Scripture.

Ephesians 1:4-5, "Even as He [God] chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us for adoption through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will."

In this case, we do not even have a sense of free will. To have 'free will' our will can not be bound by anything. If our will is bound by our sinful nature or spiritual deadness then it is not free now is it? Our will is only able to do what our nature lets it, thus it is not free.

Forum List

Back