If you were dying from Parkinson's....

Redhots said:
Which is one reason it makes very bad sense to withhold federal funding for research in this field.

The point she and I are making is false hope is being held out to individuals with Parkinson's disease that embryonic stem cell research WILL lead to a cure, not that it could, or could not lead to a cure of inumerable diseases.

I'm not convinced about embryonic stem cells and anything. However, I cannot stand the typo in title, so I'm correcting. I'm just hoping I did it correctly.

Kathianne said:
I'm not convinced about embryonic stem cells and anything. However, I cannot stand the typo in title, so I'm correcting. I'm just hoping I did it correctly.

Thank you. It was driving me crazy too.

(Btw, I was told once by a mod that title corrections couldn't be done. Hmph!)

Abbey Normal said:
Thank you. It was driving me crazy too.

(Btw, I was told once by a mod that title corrections couldn't be done. Hmph!)
That was probably me, before I figured it out! :laugh: I'm not the most tech savvy, amongst all these geek guys! :rotflmao:

Kathianne said:

I have no problem with stem cell research as long as we aren't farming human beings and using them as experimental fodder. What separates those that would do this from Josef Mengele? Nothing, IMO.

This is science.

I am split in this question but I have a few thoughts:

The effort is comparable to other things we have invented. Like antibiotics which might cause the total destruction of humanity. I would have said no to antibiotics too. Or nuclear weapons. In that sense I would say "no". (The cool rational answer)

On the other hand if I was dying I would say "yes". I belive I would be... emotionally disqualified from taking descitions.

But regardless, this IS science, this is the way humans do. Mengele was a human. An educated one too. By the way, Germans too great effort in reducing tobacco usage after studies of the effect on the human body. My guess is that this science will produce it's results too. Some usable, some dangerous and some unknown.

It doesn't disturb me that much it is human embryo involved.

Well. I said I was split in the question, didn't I?

Forum List

Back