If you were a Christie enthusiast, how does his Romney endorsement affect you?

CG I like Romney. It's my instinct to like him. I've done promotions for most of my life. He is so sellable. well, not sure if that's a word, but I hope you get my drift here.

What I find disturbing is the media just out and out promoting him like the second coming.

Makes me really nervous when I'm listening to Ed Schultz promoting the dude. Makes my brain go "weebo weebo" and blue and red lights are flashing in my brain.

If Ed Schultz, you know the Big Red Ed, is saying Romney is the one this spooks me.

BUt they've been doing that all along. Not just Big Red Ed, but Chris Matthews as well.

Because they know he's not only beatable, but his nomination would be a slap in the face of Evangelicals.

here's the dirty little secret of the REpublican party. It's "What's the Matter with Kansas". Evagelicals are not rich, by and large, but they keep voting for people who put the interests of the wealthy over theirs. And when these Evangelicals stand up and support a guy like Huckabee, the Establishment panicks.

Not only to they know they can beat Romney, but they think that they might be able to peal off Evangelicals away from the Republican Party. After which, the GOP pretty much goes the way of the Whigs.

But this is why the media is promoting him. And you have to give him credit. He's running with it.

I have no idea whatsoever why Americans keep the focus on the Presidency when the real power is in the House and Senate. Who cares who wins the White House. You've got Milli Vanelli running around for the past three years making campaign speeches out the ying yang, Axlerod is running the WH, that idiot douche bag Valerie is completely dominating our hope and change fool and Michelle partying around the globe.

This is easy. This though is how you know the Rove's of the RNC's are desperate to keep their jobs.

The Presidency is as important as Congress. Even a weak president like Obama still has a lot of influence through the bureaucracy.

And frankly, I think that the Roves of the world would rather lose than risk letting the rabble get control of the party. The TEA Party scares the GOP establishment. So they would rather support Romney, knowing the Evangelicals will hate him, knowing the Teaparty will hate him, knowing he probably can't win once people really get to know him.

This is what makes people like California Girl hilarious. She's absolutely convinced that "Independents" are going to love Romney when they get to know him when Republicans know him and don't.

Romney doesn't grow on people. The more people get to know him, the less they like him. In 2008, his fellow GOP candidates wouldn't even talk to him after debates, they disliked him that much.

But that's because he's the "perfect" candidate. This is what infuriates me. It's all promotion. Cripes I can see it from here to Kingdom come.

Now I will give him credit for the Olympics he worked on. The man regarding economics is a genius. But I really worry about him potentially playing nice in the sandbox with crazy libs.

CG I like Romney. It's my instinct to like him. I've done promotions for most of my life. He is so sellable. well, not sure if that's a word, but I hope you get my drift here.

What I find disturbing is the media just out and out promoting him like the second coming.

Makes me really nervous when I'm listening to Ed Schultz promoting the dude. Makes my brain go "weebo weebo" and blue and red lights are flashing in my brain.

If Ed Schultz, you know the Big Red Ed, is saying Romney is the one this spooks me.

BUt they've been doing that all along. Not just Big Red Ed, but Chris Matthews as well.

Because they know he's not only beatable, but his nomination would be a slap in the face of Evangelicals.

here's the dirty little secret of the REpublican party. It's "What's the Matter with Kansas". Evagelicals are not rich, by and large, but they keep voting for people who put the interests of the wealthy over theirs. And when these Evangelicals stand up and support a guy like Huckabee, the Establishment panicks.

Not only to they know they can beat Romney, but they think that they might be able to peal off Evangelicals away from the Republican Party. After which, the GOP pretty much goes the way of the Whigs.

Personally, I think they are trying to drive us to third party at this point to split the vote like they did with Perot.

This is a rock and a hard place. And we are in the middle.

I think we have though enough time left to turn this around. And make it right.

But that's because he's the "perfect" candidate. This is what infuriates me. It's all promotion. Cripes I can see it from here to Kingdom come.

Now I will give him credit for the Olympics he worked on. The man regarding economics is a genius. But I really worry about him potentially playing nice in the sandbox with crazy libs.

I don't give him credit for the Olympics.

The only reason he had to come in and "Save" the 2002 SLC Olypmics was becauase his fellow Mormons in Utah had bribed International Olympic Committee officials with gifts and payoffs in order to get them to select Salt Lake over other sites, when Salt Lake wasn't ready to host it. So they had to gather up a bunch of money to get it ready.,

The Scandal was so bad, the IOC had to institute pretty major reforms.

Did he put this kind of effort into saving the jobs of AmPad workers? Or did he just see AmPad as a pump and dump, where you fire a bunch of people, create the illusion of profitability, and dump worthless paper onto unsuspecting investors before getting out?

(If you don't know the answer, Google "Romney AmPad".)

If there were Mormons involved, he was willing to move Heaven and Earth, even though it was nothing all that important. The Olympics only lasted a few weeks, and few people watched it.

AmPad involved people's livlihoods. Whole communities were impoverished by the plants he closed down. But they were only "gentiles", so it wasn't important.

Personally, I think they are trying to drive us to third party at this point to split the vote like they did with Perot.

This is a rock and a hard place. And we are in the middle.

I think we have though enough time left to turn this around. And make it right.

We would if the GOP establishment wasn't aiding and abetting.

They are doing everything they can to grease the skids for Romney right now. Moving up primaries, dissing other candidates. They are under some delusion that deciding this thing early is going to help the inevitable GOP nominee.

In fact, it'll have the oppossite effect. People in states that the GOP is going to need to win wouldn't have any say in selecting the nominee.

It also didn't help matters that the alternatives aren't great, either. Perry has turned into a dud and I don't think Cain is serious.

This is how republicans destroy themselves. It happened just this way last election. As candidates dropped out, those who supported them refused to support anyone else. Those who liked Duncan Hunter, or Tom Tancredo or Fred Thompson declared they would either write in their favorite's name or sit it out. Republicans just can't stop forming the circular firing squad.

Americans are, generally, reasonably intelligent people.... well, perhaps not the Evangelicals but the rest of us... yea. They'll vote for the person - regardless of race, color or creed - who they believe can best see us through the difficult road ahead. I'm independently conservative, white, female, and smart.... I'll vote for Romney. And if I will, you can bet your ass that others will.

We are the 99%. :lol: The 99% who despise party politics, despise lie based campaigning, despise party over country, despise corruption in our political system, despise the trampling of our Constitution and.... We Surround You.

Americans are the dumbest people in the industrialized world. And frankly, I've seen very little in your rants to tell me that you are intelligent.

Romney has so many checks against him- crazy religion, sleazy business practices, wooden performance, two-faced policy positions.

You know what, Romney has lost far more elections than he's ever won. People didn't like what they saw then, they don't like what they see now. He's never polled above 25% of the GOP electorate, in the whole SIX YEARS he's been running.

When the 75% that don't want Romney decide on a single "not Romney", he's done.

But this is why the media is promoting him. And you have to give him credit. He's running with it.

I have no idea whatsoever why Americans keep the focus on the Presidency when the real power is in the House and Senate. Who cares who wins the White House. You've got Milli Vanelli running around for the past three years making campaign speeches out the ying yang, Axlerod is running the WH, that idiot douche bag Valerie is completely dominating our hope and change fool and Michelle partying around the globe.

This is easy. This though is how you know the Rove's of the RNC's are desperate to keep their jobs.

There is no power in the House or Senate. They are in gridlock and are showing no indication of changing their ways. Governing requires compromise and our congress puts what is good for their party above what is good for the country

There are no win-win solutions because win-win allows the other guy to win also. All legislation presented is all or nothing......so we end up with nothing

Americans are the dumbest people in the industrialized world. And frankly, I've seen very little in your rants to tell me that you are intelligent.

Romney has so many checks against him- crazy religion, sleazy business practices, wooden performance, two-faced policy positions.

You know what, Romney has lost far more elections than he's ever won. People didn't like what they saw then, they don't like what they see now. He's never polled above 25% of the GOP electorate, in the whole SIX YEARS he's been running.

When the 75% that don't want Romney decide on a single "not Romney", he's done.

There is no power in the House or Senate. They are in gridlock and are showing no indication of changing their ways. Governing requires compromise and our congress puts what is good for their party above what is good for the country

There are no win-win solutions because win-win allows the other guy to win also. All legislation presented is all or nothing......so we end up with nothing

With 16 trillion in debt there is no magical win win. Bite the bullet now or take it to the head later.

This is how republicans destroy themselves. It happened just this way last election. As candidates dropped out, those who supported them refused to support anyone else. Those who liked Duncan Hunter, or Tom Tancredo or Fred Thompson declared they would either write in their favorite's name or sit it out. Republicans just can't stop forming the circular firing squad.

If the Republicans nominate Romney, then I will seriously consider not only voting for Obama, but Democrats further down on the ticket.

For instance, I live in the 8th district in IL, where the GOP have the deadbeat dad John Walsh and the Dems are running Iraq war hero Tammy Duckworth again.

Didn't vote for Duckworth in 2006, but I might vote for her in 2012.

(incidently, part of the reason I didn't vote for Duckworth was that she didn't live in the 6th district, where I lived at the time. I thought she was an oppurtunist.)

With 16 trillion in debt there is no magical win win. Bite the bullet now or take it to the head later.

Another example of the ineptness of Congress. By all means bite the bullet by making everyone make do with less. Increasing revenue is part of the equation as well as cutting spending and ending wars we can no longer afford

Another example of the ineptness of Congress. By all means bite the bullet by making everyone make do with less. Increasing revenue is part of the equation as well as cutting spending and ending wars we can no longer afford

Increasing revenue should not be part of it at this time.

The economy is a clear reason as to why, but I will offer a second.

Anything they have wanted to raise does nothing to reduce deficits, it reduces the rate of increase.

NO WAY IN HELL.

Forum List

Back