If you were a Business owner

Teachers are not all effective. Some aren't. But.....the overwhelming majority are.

Not quite sure I would say that "overwhelming" majority. But in any event you are correct in that most teachers are competent at what they do. The biggest thing that hinders teachers nowadays is the government inserting too much bullshit into the process. The second biggest problem is that the educational system as a whole needs to be revamped for 21st century educational needs. In many ways the current system is a stone's throw away from single classroom school houses of the 18th century.

Then they aren't skirting anything. They've simply taken their business elsewhere.

Sure they are. They use the same tax based services you use. YOU get to pay their share because they've skirted on you, and you can thank Republicans for that.

How about this:

If you were a business owner and you felt your business was over-taxed, over-regulated, and the unions forced you to pay wages you felt were unfair, as well as paying medical and dental plans, pensions, etc...would you continue to do business under those conditions?

Unions don't force anything. They negotiate. Businesses are not overtaxed and we are not over regulated. If we were, you could easily list the regulations that led to American businesses being more profitable than ever. Please do.

I don't need to , and I wont negotiate anything...
You're fired because I ARBITRARILY am not satisfied with your work.

so fuck you.
:)

With your attitude it's not surprising that your kid is probably doing poorly in school. I can tell you that there are 2 dead giveaways in how well a student will perform, and they both have to do with parenting: attendance and discipline.

PS: I've been teaching for seven years now, and I get rated as being "highly effective".

Teaching is like any other job, most people do a pretty good job, some do a great job, and some do a poor job. I always hear parents blaming teachers/administration for their child's grades/test scores/etc. when in reality it's the child's fault most of the time.

Oh and for the record I have NEVER worn a pair of jeans. I wear dress shirt and pants everyday. Once a year when it's field day I do wear shorts and a t-shirt though since I'm usually put outside with the kids.

Forum List

Back