If you want water, you have to vote for health care

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SuMar, Mar 17, 2010.

1. SuMar

SuMar VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +244
    What's next? Food? What new moral low will this moral imperative sink to?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Water? So vote health care and we will give your people water.... wow.

How certain is this? I mean im not surprised per se. but I really wouldnt think they'd go that low.

3. potter 58

potter 58 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    ha ha ha , what you assholes don't realize, water is the next oil, you may be able to survive without oil , but not water

4. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    What a unbiased source you have. :rolleyes:

5. Tom Clancy

Tom Clancy Clancy for Ron Paul

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Yeah... i'm gonna go with Dogbert on this one.

Any other source?

6. Perception

Perception Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you want any information about the water crisis, watch "Blue Gold." Probably one of the most interesting documentaries I've seen. And having watched it, I must agree, water is indeed the 'next' oil.

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Yeah, of course, we dont realize what's been obvious to everyone for millenia.

8. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    My grandpa used to say "One day the gov't will find a way to tax the air you breathe". Well, with Obama's dictator-like move of having the EPA list CO2 as a dangerous gas, which is what we breathe out, there will in fact eventually be a way to "tax the air we breathe".

How many liberals would like to just give 100% of their paycheck to Big Daddy Government, and in exchange they provide you a government dormitory, government cafeteria, government cinema and pub for entertainment, government transportation, government clothing, government issued girlfriend, government issued pet, government issued furnishing for your home, govermnent issued doctors, lawyers, stylists, and well, just give them 100% of your $$$ and they provide you everything in your life, cradle to grave. Believe it or not, many liberals secretly wish they could have this. Liberals miss the days of having mommy take care of them, and thus, want the gov't fill that role. Liberals never grew up. Thats why they're liberals.

9. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,105
    Well, Costa went to the White House on March 11th, Cardoza the week before that. Costa says he "used some of his time with President Barack Obama to urge more consideration for the valley's water and employment needs." According to Costa, Obama said he understood. Now, five days after Costa's visit, presto, more water. Of course, until Costa and Cardoza vote, or commit to a "yea" vote, no one really knows if this was the price for their support. Hell, even if they do vote yes, how are you going to prove Obama bought their votes with water?

It does not look good, but that's about all we'd have.

Valley Democrats Cardoza and Costa are key to big health care vote - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee

10. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    It's difficult to gauge. They weren't no, they were undecided. So like you said, we don't know if they were bought.

For all we know, Obama being so agreeable to helping them would convince them. If any political deal was made, it would of been done after the fact since there is no way to insure that they would go through with their votes. They could simply say "Well, sorry Barack, our hands are tied."

Though it's not like Obama's said no to any sort of situation like this unless I missed one.

I'm going to err on the side of caution and say it's one of those things that fall into line at once. Considering they're from the Valley, it was doubtful they would of voted against this bill in the first place no?