If you want water, you have to vote for health care

SuMar

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
Is this Another Backroom Deal to Force Obama’s Bill Down the American People’s Throats?

As a vote approaches on Obama and Pelosi’s government takeover of healthcare, Code Red is now considering two supposedly “undecided” California Democrats, Dennis Cardoza and Jim Costa, to now be “yes” votes.

The U.S. Department of Interior announced yesterday that it is increasing water allocations for the Central Valley of California, a region that depends on these water allocations to support local agriculture and jobs. The region has recently been starved for water and as a result unemployment has soared. Not surprisingly, Cardoza and Costa had a hand in the announcement:

“Typically, Reclamation would release the March allocation update around March 22nd, but moved up the announcement at the urging of Senators Feinstein and Boxer, and Congressmen Costa and Cardoza.”(“Interior Announces Increased Water Supply Allocations in California,” U.S. Department of Interior news release, 3/16/10)

Will Cardoza and Costa come clean about this apparent backroom deal for their votes?

Call Cardoza's district office at (209) 383-4455 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (209) 383-4455 end_of_the_skype_highlighting and Costa's district office at (559) 495-1620 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (559) 495-1620 end_of_the_skype_highlighting and ask.

What's next? Food? What new moral low will this moral imperative sink to?

Water? So vote health care and we will give your people water.... wow.

How certain is this? I mean im not surprised per se. but I really wouldnt think they'd go that low.

ha ha ha , what you assholes don't realize, water is the next oil, you may be able to survive without oil , but not water

If you want any information about the water crisis, watch "Blue Gold." Probably one of the most interesting documentaries I've seen. And having watched it, I must agree, water is indeed the 'next' oil.

My grandpa used to say "One day the gov't will find a way to tax the air you breathe". Well, with Obama's dictator-like move of having the EPA list CO2 as a dangerous gas, which is what we breathe out, there will in fact eventually be a way to "tax the air we breathe".

How many liberals would like to just give 100% of their paycheck to Big Daddy Government, and in exchange they provide you a government dormitory, government cafeteria, government cinema and pub for entertainment, government transportation, government clothing, government issued girlfriend, government issued pet, government issued furnishing for your home, govermnent issued doctors, lawyers, stylists, and well, just give them 100% of your $$$ and they provide you everything in your life, cradle to grave. Believe it or not, many liberals secretly wish they could have this. Liberals miss the days of having mommy take care of them, and thus, want the gov't fill that role. Liberals never grew up. Thats why they're liberals.

What a unbiased source you have. :rolleyes:

Yeah... i'm gonna go with Dogbert on this one.

Any other source?

Well, Costa went to the White House on March 11th, Cardoza the week before that. Costa says he "used some of his time with President Barack Obama to urge more consideration for the valley's water and employment needs." According to Costa, Obama said he understood. Now, five days after Costa's visit, presto, more water. Of course, until Costa and Cardoza vote, or commit to a "yea" vote, no one really knows if this was the price for their support. Hell, even if they do vote yes, how are you going to prove Obama bought their votes with water?

It does not look good, but that's about all we'd have.

Valley Democrats Cardoza and Costa are key to big health care vote - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee

It's difficult to gauge. They weren't no, they were undecided. So like you said, we don't know if they were bought.

For all we know, Obama being so agreeable to helping them would convince them. If any political deal was made, it would of been done after the fact since there is no way to insure that they would go through with their votes. They could simply say "Well, sorry Barack, our hands are tied."

Though it's not like Obama's said no to any sort of situation like this unless I missed one.

I'm going to err on the side of caution and say it's one of those things that fall into line at once. Considering they're from the Valley, it was doubtful they would of voted against this bill in the first place no?

It's difficult to gauge. They weren't no, they were undecided. So like you said, we don't know if they were bought.

For all we know, Obama being so agreeable to helping them would convince them. If any political deal was made, it would of been done after the fact since there is no way to insure that they would go through with their votes. They could simply say "Well, sorry Barack, our hands are tied."

Though it's not like Obama's said no to any sort of situation like this unless I missed one.

I'm going to err on the side of caution and say it's one of those things that fall into line at once. Considering they're from the Valley, it was doubtful they would of voted against this bill in the first place no?

I'm not sure how they would vote on this bill, Fresno and Atwater always struck me as a bit on the conservative side, but I truthfully didn't spend a lot of time there so my perception could be wrong. They are both up for reelection in November.

I'm not sure how they would vote on this bill, Fresno and Atwater always struck me as a bit on the conservative side, but I truthfully didn't spend a lot of time there so my perception could be wrong. They are both up for reelection in November.

I always figured California was a Liberal bastion in the past. Prop 8 changed that fairly quickly. But at the same time, I know lots of Dems who are against Gay Marriage (Obama for example). So it's a tough thing to gauge.

Forum List

Back