If you want to kill yourself..........fine...

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
However, please don't take anyone else with you..........

Man kills 2 children, shoots self
Father found in car listed as critical at Ben Taub
By PAIGE HEWITT Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
June 17, 2009, 12:24PM

Resident finds kids dead in car, , Two children were shot to death by their father on Tuesday according to police. Apartment residents discuss the scene. Video by Jason Witmer. June 17, 2009.Father shoots children in car, , Police at Inwood Gardens apartments where a man shot his two children inside a car and then turned the gun on himself Tuesday. Video Melissa Phillip, edit Jeremy Carter. June 16, 2009.

One child was shot to death in the passenger seat of the car, another fatally shot while sitting in the back seat.

The killer, Houston police said, was their father, distraught over marital problems with the children’s mother.

The father was identified as Pedro Enrique Rosabal, 33. Police said he shot his children Tuesday afternoon after picking them up from school and driving them to a west Houston apartment complex. He then shot himself in the head. He was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital and remained in critical condition this morning.

The identities of the children were not available.

The father had called his estranged wife and told her he had picked up his 8-year-old daughter Osiris and 6-year-old son Onasis from school and was going to kill them, said Houston Police Department spokesman John Cannon. The 34-year-old woman called police around 3:55 p.m. and reported her estranged husband had kidnapped the children.

“They apparently were having some problems, and he was very upset,” Cannon said.

As homicide detectives were en route to the woman’s home in the 6000 block of Bissonnet to get information and photographs for a possible Amber Alert, police got a second call around 5:15 p.m. from a maintenance man at an apartment complex in the 6100 block of Fairdale.

The worker, alerted by a resident that a man appeared to be asleep in a parked black Lexus whose engine was running, found the children and their father in the vehicle.

Authorities recovered a .380 semi-automatic pistol from the vehicle. Cannon did not know whether there were any signs of struggle inside the car, but said neither child was wearing a seat belt.

Police did not know if the husband had been living with his estranged wife and children or elsewhere, but that records indicated he had a few different addresses.

Police said the man had a friend who worked at the complex where the bodies were found.

A complaint about conditions inside the family’s home came to Texas Child Protective Services six years ago.

On June 3, 2003, CPS received a complaint about the Pedro Rosabal household, said Estella Olguin, CPS spokeswoman in Houston.

The caller said the family had not paid their rent, there was no food or furniture in the home and the girl, who was nearly 3 years old at the time, appeared to be losing weight.

A CPS worker visited the apartment that same day but the family had already been evicted and were nowhere to be found.

“We had no other locating information on them,” Olguin said.

However, residents at the complex were stunned at what happened and described the children as happy and playful, and the man as a loving father who was never violent.

Resident Terry Melvyn said he had a barbecue with the father and children about two weeks ago and the man expressed family trouble.

"I asked him, ‘How are you doing,’" Melvyn said. "He said, ‘I’m depressed.’"

Melvyn said the man was selling jewelry, and that he bought a $10 bracelet from him. "I thought it was kind of weird that he was selling jewelry out of his car," Melvyn said. "I did it (bought the bracelet) because I thought it would help the kids."

A longtime friend of the man, summoned to the complex by friends, said he is of Cuban descent and often played dominoes with elderly Cubans.

"For me, it’s a huge surprise," said Ruddy Tejara, who last saw the man a few weeks ago. "He was not a violent person. Something went wrong."

HPD: Dad called mom before killing their kids | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Not only that.......but there was someone else who drove over to their mother in law's house last night, shot her with a 22 (twice), and then went back and did the same thing to his wife.

He then placed the gun in his own mouth and shot himself.

Now, there are several theological, as well as historical references, where it states that God will let you have a mulligan if you need one.

However.............you're not supposed to take anyone else with you. If you do, and they aren't sure yet if they want to go with you, it's murder, and in the 10 Commandments, God said "Don't".

Is anyone else disturbed by this sudden rush of murder/suicides?

This is why it's important to teach your kids the danger of narcissism. Teach them when they're very young to find a focus OUTSIDE of themselves.

However, please don't take anyone else with you..........

Man kills 2 children, shoots self
Father found in car listed as critical at Ben Taub
By PAIGE HEWITT Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
June 17, 2009, 12:24PM

Resident finds kids dead in car, , Two children were shot to death by their father on Tuesday according to police. Apartment residents discuss the scene. Video by Jason Witmer. June 17, 2009.Father shoots children in car, , Police at Inwood Gardens apartments where a man shot his two children inside a car and then turned the gun on himself Tuesday. Video Melissa Phillip, edit Jeremy Carter. June 16, 2009.

One child was shot to death in the passenger seat of the car, another fatally shot while sitting in the back seat.

The killer, Houston police said, was their father, distraught over marital problems with the children’s mother.

The father was identified as Pedro Enrique Rosabal, 33. Police said he shot his children Tuesday afternoon after picking them up from school and driving them to a west Houston apartment complex. He then shot himself in the head. He was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital and remained in critical condition this morning.

The identities of the children were not available.

The father had called his estranged wife and told her he had picked up his 8-year-old daughter Osiris and 6-year-old son Onasis from school and was going to kill them, said Houston Police Department spokesman John Cannon. The 34-year-old woman called police around 3:55 p.m. and reported her estranged husband had kidnapped the children.

“They apparently were having some problems, and he was very upset,” Cannon said.

As homicide detectives were en route to the woman’s home in the 6000 block of Bissonnet to get information and photographs for a possible Amber Alert, police got a second call around 5:15 p.m. from a maintenance man at an apartment complex in the 6100 block of Fairdale.

The worker, alerted by a resident that a man appeared to be asleep in a parked black Lexus whose engine was running, found the children and their father in the vehicle.

Authorities recovered a .380 semi-automatic pistol from the vehicle. Cannon did not know whether there were any signs of struggle inside the car, but said neither child was wearing a seat belt.

Police did not know if the husband had been living with his estranged wife and children or elsewhere, but that records indicated he had a few different addresses.

Police said the man had a friend who worked at the complex where the bodies were found.

A complaint about conditions inside the family’s home came to Texas Child Protective Services six years ago.

On June 3, 2003, CPS received a complaint about the Pedro Rosabal household, said Estella Olguin, CPS spokeswoman in Houston.

The caller said the family had not paid their rent, there was no food or furniture in the home and the girl, who was nearly 3 years old at the time, appeared to be losing weight.

A CPS worker visited the apartment that same day but the family had already been evicted and were nowhere to be found.

“We had no other locating information on them,” Olguin said.

However, residents at the complex were stunned at what happened and described the children as happy and playful, and the man as a loving father who was never violent.

Resident Terry Melvyn said he had a barbecue with the father and children about two weeks ago and the man expressed family trouble.

"I asked him, ‘How are you doing,’" Melvyn said. "He said, ‘I’m depressed.’"

Melvyn said the man was selling jewelry, and that he bought a $10 bracelet from him. "I thought it was kind of weird that he was selling jewelry out of his car," Melvyn said. "I did it (bought the bracelet) because I thought it would help the kids."

A longtime friend of the man, summoned to the complex by friends, said he is of Cuban descent and often played dominoes with elderly Cubans.

"For me, it’s a huge surprise," said Ruddy Tejara, who last saw the man a few weeks ago. "He was not a violent person. Something went wrong."

HPD: Dad called mom before killing their kids | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Not only that.......but there was someone else who drove over to their mother in law's house last night, shot her with a 22 (twice), and then went back and did the same thing to his wife.

He then placed the gun in his own mouth and shot himself.

Now, there are several theological, as well as historical references, where it states that God will let you have a mulligan if you need one.

However.............you're not supposed to take anyone else with you. If you do, and they aren't sure yet if they want to go with you, it's murder, and in the 10 Commandments, God said "Don't".

Is anyone else disturbed by this sudden rush of murder/suicides?

While I agree that those who do this are merely cowards, this is nothing new. A guy my father worked for over thirty years ago, lost his business. After losing his business, he killed his wife and then himself. This has been happening for a long time, probably longer than any of us have been around, and there is nothing that will ever keep this from happening in the future.

Actually, I hope this father recovers enough to stand trial for killing his kids, and then is executed.

Maybe it will be God's punishment that he lives to think about what he did while he spends the rest of his life behind bars. The man wanted to die. Living with the knowledge of what he did will be much worse punishment than death itself.

Maybe it will be God's punishment that he lives to think about what he did while he spends the rest of his life behind bars. The man wanted to die. Living with the knowledge of what he did will be much worse punishment than death itself.

Unfortunately, I don't think it works that way.

He had to justify taking the life of his own children originally - ostensibly for a reason that made sense to him and was probably focused on himself - so this will just be one more thing for him to rationalize.

Forum List

Back