If you want to be happy for the rest of your life....

Naah, marry someone filthy rich and get a good divorce settlement.

That usually only works for women, you really don't see any broke guys hooking up with young rich millionare women, anothe reason why I say there are no benefits for men in marriage, the women hold all the cards.

For sure. But when it's right it's well worth the risk, imo. And if the man and woman can build a solid foundation it does help during the rough times, of which there will be many.

Marriage can be worth it I know a few married people who are happy but not many, they are the exception not the rule. There are really very few benfits for men in marriage, if it goes wrong the man stands to lose everything, have to pay 50% of his earnings for child support and deal with a bitch of an ex wife forever, not to mention have to pay alimony if she asks for it from the courts, marriage is a really risky endevour and when it goes wrong things can end really badly.

I understand your point. I also think though that one can't have that attitude going in. And if a person does what's right, regardless of how a marriage turns out, they can benefit from it and grow as an individual. Not easy for sure though.

Theres a thin line between love and hate, young people think that when their wrapped up in their warm bed naked with their lovers that nothing will go wrong , and that they will never end up getting divorced, but people change over the years and the person you are married to now won't be the same person in 5 years. All the sweet little nothings that hot sexy girl is whispering in your ear now will turn into words of venom when she is in the court room trying to take you for everything you have.

Last edited:
Marriage can be worth it I know a few married people who are happy but not many, they are the exception not the rule. There are really very few benfits for men in marriage, if it goes wrong the man stands to lose everything, have to pay 50% of his earnings for child support and deal with a bitch of an ex wife forever, not to mention have to pay alimony if she asks for it from the courts, marriage is a really risky endevour and when it goes wrong things can end really badly.

I understand your point. I also think though that one can't have that attitude going in. And if a person does what's right, regardless of how a marriage turns out, they can benefit from it and grow as an individual. Not easy for sure though.

Theres a thin line between love and hate, young people think that when their wrapped up in their warm bed naked with their lovers that nothing will go wrong , and that they will never end up getting divorced, but people change over the years and the person you are married to now won't be the same person in 5 years. All the sweet little nothings that hot sexy girl is whispering in your ear now will turn into words of venom when she is in the court room trying to take you for everything you have.

Sure thing. I don't think anyone's going to disagree that love is blind. However, with patience, hard work, respect, love, a willingness to always consider the other person's feelings before your own, and God's blessings, a marriage has a chance to be something special. Without even one of these it's a very tough road.

Sure thing. I don't think anyone's going to disagree that love is blind. However, with patience, hard work, respect, love, a willingness to always consider the other person's feelings before your own, and God's blessings, a marriage has a chance to be something special. Without even one of these it's a very tough road.

And it will not work if only 1/2 of the marriage works to keep it good.

I agree that marriage can be special but alot of things have to fall in the right places for that to be the case, I really don't think young people in their 20s have any right to be married because most of those marriages end up in failure and everyone wants to quit at the first sign of trouble, no one wants to work at it anymore, America right now is a society where young people have alot of options, no one wants to spend their life sleeping with the same person. But like I said marriage can work for some people but it is a very big gamble.

Marriage liscences should require mutual consent renewal. After the first 6 months and then annually after that.

It is the only liscence I know of that does not require renewal.

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I read in some restroom in some bar somewhere that read something like this:

"No matter how good looking she is, somewhere there's a guy who got tired of putting up with her shit."

I agree that marriage can be special but alot of things have to fall in the right places for that to be the case, I really don't think young people in their 20s have any right to be married because most of those marriages end up in failure and everyone wants to quit at the first sign of trouble, no one wants to work at it anymore, America right now is a society where young people have alot of options, no one wants to spend their life sleeping with the same person. But like I said marriage can work for some people but it is a very big gamble.

I think were pretty solid;y in agreement. Only point that I disagree with is that "no one wants to spend their life sleeping with the same person." Many people do. Thanks.

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I read in some restroom in some bar somewhere that read something like this:

"No matter how good looking she is, somewhere there's a guy who got tired of putting up with her shit."

That's the toned down version! "Show me the hottest chick in the world, I'll show you a guy who's tired of _______ her..."

89sr51f.jpg

I think I got it right this time, but if my marriage ever fails and at some point in the future I contemplate getting married again, I'll just find a woman I hate and buy her a house. I figure I'll end up with about the same result and save myself 3 or 4 years of misery.

Forum List

Back