If you want to be happy for the rest of your life....

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Never make a pretty woman your wife
From my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you

Never make a pretty woman your wife
From my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you

Seems like I heard those same words in a song a long time ago... Good advice then and still good advice now. Usually, the uglier the girl is, the sweeter she is and more appreciative.

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life then don't get married at all.

I can honestly say that my wife is the best thing that ever happened to me. We were together for years before we were married and have been as happy as before.

The only thing that can make you unhappy is you.

My wife is smoking hot. Prettier than the day we were married almost 7 years ago. I think the last legit argument we had was in 2006. Then again, my first wife was also very pretty but a complete psycho. I believe she's already on husband #3...lol.

It's the person and their values that determine everything.

obviously none of you have met the right person.

Few do, the odds are stacked against you when you get married these days anyways. Plus you can marry someone you believe is the right person but than everything will change after a few years, marriage is riskier than gambling at the horse track.

My wife is smoking hot. Prettier than the day we were married almost 7 years ago. I think the last legit argument we had was in 2006. Then again, my first wife was also very pretty but a complete psycho. I believe she's already on husband #3...lol.

Yep, that's what's important.... looks.

Idiot.

Yep, that's what's important.... looks.

Idiot.

Excuse me, Miss, but if you reread the last sentence I wrote I think you see that I stated its the person and their values that are most important. Because my current wife is attractive means little in the long term. I'll love her when we're old and grey same as I do now.

Fair enough?

Last edited:

Few do, the odds are stacked against you when you get married these days anyways. Plus you can marry someone you believe is the right person but than everything will change after a few years, marriage is riskier than gambling at the horse track.

For sure. But when it's right it's well worth the risk, imo. And if the man and woman can build a solid foundation it does help during the rough times, of which there will be many.

For sure. But when it's right it's well worth the risk, imo. And if the man and woman can build a solid foundation it does help during the rough times, of which there will be many.

Marriage can be worth it I know a few married people who are happy but not many, they are the exception not the rule. There are really very few benfits for men in marriage, if it goes wrong the man stands to lose everything, have to pay 50% of his earnings for child support and deal with a bitch of an ex wife forever, not to mention have to pay alimony if she asks for it from the courts, marriage is a really risky endevour and when it goes wrong things can end really badly.

Marriage can be worth it I know a few married people who are happy but not many, they are the exception not the rule. There are really very few benfits for men in marriage, if it goes wrong the man stands to lose everything, have to pay 50% of his earnings for child support and deal with a bitch of an ex wife forever, not to mention have to pay alimony if she asks for it from the courts, marriage is a really risky endevour and when it goes wrong things can end really badly.

I understand your point. I also think though that one can't have that attitude going in. And if a person does what's right, regardless of how a marriage turns out, they can benefit from it and grow as an individual. Not easy for sure though.

Forum List

Back