If You Thought the Cartoon was Racist...

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
House votes to approve Captive Primate Safety Act after chimp attack
11:24 AM, February 24, 2009

The House of Representatives voted today to approve the Captive Primate Safety Act (HR 80), with 323 lawmakers in favor and 95 opposed. The bill, which would make it illegal to transport chimpanzees and other primates across state lines for individuals' use as pets, was debated Monday with a vote (initially expected following debate) postponed until today.

The bill's co-sponsor Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) said the debate centered on two main points of contention: that regulating primate ownership was not a pressing national issue, and "that it would not stop the ability of some people to have a chimpanzee as a pet in their own home."

House votes to approve Captive Primate Safety Act after chimp attack | L.A. Unleashed | Los Angeles Times

Yesterday, I read a multitude of posts from our friends of the liberal persuasion, incensed over the NY Post cartoon.

Don't think I don't take your posts seriously! I've learned from them. I'm hereby asking everyone on this board to fax, phone, email Congress about their insensitivity in bringing up chimps again.

I get the joke, but racism can be more of a sensitive topic than you may realize. If you have never heard of racist references to apes/monkees/etc. being used at those of African ethnicity, then your post makes sense.

Otherwise, it just sounds like a tasteless joke.

I get the joke, but racism can be more of a sensitive topic than you may realize. If you have never heard of racist references to apes/monkees/etc. being used at those of African ethnicity, then your post makes sense.

Often, racism like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I don't believe for a moment that the majority who wrote in yesterday about the cartoon that it was racist. On the contrary, it's the usual "I am the victim, you have to apologize."

Congress wasting time with dumb laws is more the issue here. Everytime something bad happens they have to pass another dumb law? It reminds me of a town I lived in where every illogical traffic sign had to do with some idiot having an accident. Now for no reason you can't turn left onto a street that led to my house because somebody crashed there. Now you have to go through the coffee shop parking lot instead or come from the other direction. It's more dangerous now. Idiots. Are they going to outlaw chihuahuas on sidewalks when one bites an ankle too?

Comparing Obama to the chimp that maimed that person seems racist. Though Bush was compared to a monkey too. Maybe we just have a tendency to elect presidents with pronounced ape-like features.

Last edited:

Often, racism like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I don't believe for a moment that the majority who wrote in yesterday about the cartoon that it was racist. On the contrary, it's the usual "I am the victim, you have to apologize."

This White boy thought the cartoon not only racist, but anti-American, too.

Call me overly sensitive, but I think there's something inappropriate when a major paper jokes that cops should kill the POTUS, regardless of what it portrys the POTUS as.

Her cookies are to die for though. :lol:

Call me overly sensitive, but I think there's something inappropriate when a major paper jokes that cops should kill the POTUS, regardless of what it portrys the POTUS as.

Once again RETARD it was not about the President it was about the Bill and the Congress. And it did not mean we should kill any people, it meant we should have killed the bill. For being so smart you liberals sure are stupid as shit.

Once again RETARD it was not about the President it was about the Bill and the Congress. And it did not mean we should kill any people, it meant we should have killed the bill. For being so smart you liberals sure are stupid as shit.

I'm not a liberal and I believe even if it wasn't intended to portray the president, it was easy for it to be taken that way. The cartoon was in poor taste and never should have been printed.

Congress wasting time with dumb laws is more the issue here. Everytime something bad happens they have to pass another dumb law?

Yeah, like right now, PET MONKEYS are the big issue in America.

I hate those knee-jerk laws, too. Politicians think they're being big heroes, but the truth is that single freak accidents don't make for good rules. They make for bad ones. We can't seem to just say, "Well, that was a freak thing. Let's move on now." We have to pass a law.

Last edited:
What's ironic is 95 percent of the people who thought the cartoon was racist had no problem electing someone who sat under a racist pastor for 20 years.

What's ironic is 95 percent of the people who thought the cartoon was racist had no problem electing someone who sat under a racist pastor for 20 years.

I'm pretty sure you made that up. I thought it was racist and I didn't vote for Obama.

hence the "95 percent"

Still think you made it up. I know a lot of people who didn't vote for Obama who think the cartoon was racist, and a few people who did vote for him who didn't think it was racist.

Here you go folks just like I said yesterday. Calling people liars for saying they are offended.

How do you heal when every time someone points out the racism they get called a liar?

Got Racism?

I'm pretty sure you made that up. I thought it was racist and I didn't vote for Obama.

hence the "95 percent"

Still think you made it up. I know a lot of people who didn't vote for Obama who think the cartoon was racist, and a few people who did vote for him who didn't think it was racist.

Ok. do you really think a cartoonist/editor would risk his/her career by printing something they thought could be construed as racist? especially in these times where everything you say can be construed that way?

hence the "95 percent"

Ok. do you really think a cartoonist/editor would risk his/her career by printing something they thought could be construed as racist? especially in these times where everything you say can be construed that way?

Considering all the free publicity the New York Post got, in a heart beat pal.

Here you go folks just like I said yesterday. Calling people liars for saying they are offended.

How do you heal when every time someone points out the racism they get called a liar?

Got Racism?

you mean when we pointed out Jeremiah Wright's racism and how Obama supported him and you wouldn't listen?
Or Eric Holder's or that pastor that did Obama's inaugural prayer?

YOU Got racism?

Last edited:
You did not listen to rev White you condemed him.

I listened to the whole speech and it was just fire and brimstone and offened me not in the least.

You people took three lines and repeted then OVER and OVER out of context.

If you listen to the speech he is quoting a White man when he says god damn America as well as using it to point out that even America will be damned if it acts in ways that are contrary to gods law.

Your team lied about the whole thing.

Forum List

Back