If you think the Maldives are sinking, I can sell you a nice plot of land on the Maldives....since you will believe anything....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I have been reading about the Maldives scam for a couple of years now.......

Back in 1988 climate scientists were predicting that the Maldives would be under water by 2018 or so. Melting icecaps and glaciers would increase sea levels that the islands, few of which are much higher than sea level, would be swamped. It was alarming, and of course the political leaders of the islands begged for foreign aid to deal with the crisis.

Rising sea levels were also fouling the ground water of the islands (shockingly these tiny islands actually have groundwater) and before the residents were drowned by rising seas they would die from lack of water–by 1992, in fact. Thirty years ago. Today they are predicting that the groundwater will be fouled in…30 years.

Shockingly, today the Maldives are larger, populated by more than twice as many people, and a tourist destination. Here’s the front page of the Maldives’ tourism webpage:

The green religion adherents have had to push back their snake oil.......err....scams.........errrr.....predictions because of their predictions like this.........they thought that 30 years was long enough to fool uninformed, good hearted people.......and yet it wasn't long enough......

This kind of lie is easy to tell, because they think people will forget after 30 or more years.

This is the main crisis right now in the Climate Alarmist Movement. They've been at it too long, and unlike in the book 1984, the libs haven't found a way in our timeline to erase history.

Back in 1988 climate scientists were predicting that the Maldives would be under water by 2018 or so. Melting icecaps and glaciers would increase sea levels that the islands, few of which are much higher than sea level, would be swamped. It was alarming, and of course the political leaders of the islands begged for foreign aid to deal with the crisis.

Rising sea levels were also fouling the ground water of the islands (shockingly these tiny islands actually have groundwater) and before the residents were drowned by rising seas they would die from lack of water–by 1992, in fact. Thirty years ago. Today they are predicting that the groundwater will be fouled in…30 years.

Shockingly, today the Maldives are larger, populated by more than twice as many people, and a tourist destination. Here’s the front page of the Maldives’ tourism webpage:

The green religion adherents have had to push back their snake oil.......err....scams.........errrr.....predictions because of their predictions like this.........they thought that 30 years was long enough to fool uninformed, good hearted people.......and yet it wasn't long enough......

Are they under water yet?

Read the first post, and the link.........

Please have someone read this to you....perhaps a 5 year old first learning to read, will be able to explain it to you.....

Please have someone read this to you....perhaps a 5 year old first learning to read, will be able to explain it to you.....

The question the comes to me right off the bat is what the fuck you think the Maldives population, tourism or the front page of their tourism paper matters? This is just as bright as the folks around here who make the same argument you're attempting based on Obama buying a waterfront mansion. Sea levels ARE rising and the Maldives are extremely low and beginning to flood. Groundwaters are suffering saltwater intrusion.

PS, here is the population growth rate for the Maldives
1672455257225.png

The question the comes to me right off the bat is what the fuck you think the Maldives population, tourism or the front page of their tourism paper matters? This is just as bright as the folks around here who make the same argument you're attempting based on Obama buying a waterfront mansion. Sea levels ARE rising and the Maldives are extremely low and beginning to flood. Groundwaters are suffering saltwater intrusion.

View attachment 743433

Are the Maldives currently under water? 30 years ago the prediction was they would currently be under water.....are they?

View attachment 743433

Aw, bovine excrement.

In 1986, the Libs proclaimed that it would be ALL OVER for Maldives by 2018.

And it wasn't .

So when is it going to happen now? 2052? 2082? never?

Yeah, I have been posting about their international airport building spree for at least 5 years.

Not exactly a smart investment if you are soon to be underwater.

Aw, bovine excrement.

And it wasn't .

:desk:

OOOOOh......Oooooh......pick me, pick me!!!!

The current prediction year of the Maldives being under water will be whatever date it takes for those who were told the Maldives would be underwater to no longer be alive to realize that this prediction was nothing more than a scam and money grab by both the followers of the global warming cult and the government of the Maldives.......

Thank you.

The local inhabitants are hardly the smartest ( I guess down to a handful now plus 23 researchers , all doubtless phoney and all working for the IPCC ).
The locals should sink their island so that each family could go to California and get a free house, car, holidays and educational psychologists for the kids plus shrinks all round for emotional problems etc.
Or Germany, if there are any budding Nazis on the island .Or the UK for cricketing fans .

Aw, bovine excrement.

And it wasn't .

Do you have a link for "Libs proclaimed that it would be ALL OVER for Maldives by 2018"?

Thought not.

The point is you attempted to claim that sea level rise isn't happening when a world of fucking hard evidence says that it is.

Do you have a link for "Libs proclaimed that it would be ALL OVER for Maldives by 2018"?

Thought not.

The point is you attempted to claim that sea level rise isn't happening when a world of fucking hard evidence says that it is.

It was already posted, silly boi.

It was already posted, silly boi.
This?
1672486580817-png.743455

Read much?

Mr Shihab clearly states that a [sea level] rise of 20 to 30 cm [8.5 cm since 1990] 'could be "catastrophic"' for most of the islands". This doesn't even qualify as a prediction.

Sorry, Westie, but you fail. Got anything else?

This?
1672486580817-png.743455

Read much?

Mr Shihab clearly states that a [sea level] rise of 20 to 30 cm [8.5 cm since 1990] 'could be "catastrophic"' for most of the islands". This doesn't even qualify as a prediction.

Sorry, Westie, but you fail. Got anything else?

That's the thing about your climatologists. They always use those magic words "could", "suggests", "may", and that way, when their so called "predictions" don't occur, they can point to their weasel words and say "well, we only said it might happen". Why is that? Because they know they haven't got a leg to stand on. They KNOW that nothing they claim will happen, so they NEVER make real predictions.

That makes them pseudo scientists....a discipline or approach that pretends to be or has a close resemblance to science

That's the thing about your climatologists. They always use those magic words "could", "suggests", "may", and that way, when their so called "predictions" don't occur, they can point to their weasel words and say "well, we only said it might happen". Why is that? Because they know they haven't got a leg to stand on. They KNOW that nothing they claim will happen, so they NEVER make real predictions.

That makes them pseudo scientists....a discipline or approach that pretends to be or has a close resemblance to science
Those are the terms that scientists use because that's the way science and the scientific method work. Your complaint is just another piece of evidence that your science knowledge is right up there with the best the 4th grade has to offer.

Those are the terms that scientists use because that's the way science and the scientific method work. Your complaint is just another piece of evidence that your science knowledge is right up there with the best the 4th grade has to offer.

Wrong. They NEVER make a prediction. Further they deny they need to adhere to the scientific method.

That, by DEFINITION, makes them pseudo scientists.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

A theory is a guess, you then find evidence, or conduct experiments that support your theory.

J. Tuzo Wilson did not say, "transverse faults might look like this"

No, he said "THIS IS HOW TRANSVERSE FAULTS WILL LOOK, AND THIS IS HOW THEY OPERATE."

The exact OPPOSITE of climatologists.

Wrong. They NEVER make a prediction. Further they deny they need to adhere to the scientific method.
Who is "They"? I'm fairly certain I'm whistling in the dark here, but can you provide a link to some representative climate scientist denying a need to adhere to the scientific method?
That, by DEFINITION, makes them pseudo scientists.
No. It, once again, shows you to be a liar.
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Just what the fuck is this noise supposed to be? Do you have IBS or something? I always find myself imagining replacing all the Rs with Hs.
A theory is a guess, you then find evidence, or conduct experiments that support your theory.
My GOD are you stupid. A theory is not a guess. "THEORY: a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained." "THEORY: a carefully thought-out explanation for observations of the natural world that has been constructed using the scientific method, and which brings together many facts and hypotheses.
J. Tuzo Wilson did not say, "transverse faults might look like this"

No, he said "THIS IS HOW TRANSVERSE FAULTS WILL LOOK, AND THIS IS HOW THEY OPERATE."

The exact OPPOSITE of climatologists.
You have now repeatedly demonstrated a surprising lack of familiarity with the basics of science and the scientific method which I find surprising given the amount of time you've spent on this forum. Unteachable I guess.

Forum List

Back