If you think taxes should be raised...

So, when someone tries to impose their morality on you, through the law, what's your counter-argument?

It depends on the specific issue; my view on the issue, what I think would be the cost/benefit of the "moral law". So, when someone tries to impose their morality on you, through the law, what's your counter-argument?

Medicare spending, Social Security and Medicaid spending has increased rapidly, any suggestion by you to the contrary is a lie. If you need proof I can show you.

Those aren't the only social programs. None of them are designed to lift people out of poverty. So what exactly is there relevance here?

Bush hasn't slashed social programs on the whole and you know it. So skirt around the issue and say that somewhere yes he has cut some programs, but we both know that's assnine way at dodging the question.

He has slashed programs to get people out of poverty. He has slashed social programs as much as he can. There are limits to what he can do with medicare/social security/ and medicaid.

As far as you implying that more poor people vote in Alabama and Miss. than LA/SF/NYC that was a statement not based on fact and I outed you on it.

Jesus Christ.

Do I need to bold it for you to be able to understand it? Here you go.

I never made that statement. Hence you never "outed" me on it. .

As I said before, try sticking to what I SAID.

You then show a chart that shows per capita poor people. That is about the most idotic way of you trying to keep your pride....Lmao

:eusa_wall:

It doesn't show per capita poor people, it shows per capita wealth.

Get an education and then come back, kid.

Those aren't the only social programs. None of them are designed to lift people out of poverty. So what exactly is there relevance here?

He has slashed programs to get people out of poverty. He has slashed social programs as much as he can. There are limits to what he can do with medicare/social security/ and medicaid.

Jesus Christ.

Do I need to bold it for you to be able to understand it? Here you go.

I never made that statement. Hence you never "outed" me on it. .

As I said before, try sticking to what I SAID.

:eusa_wall:

It doesn't show per capita poor people, it shows per capita wealth.

Get an education and then come back, kid.

Proof that Bush slashed social programs overall. All of those programs are social spending which is bankrupting the country and legalized stealing. Go about your very ignorant way, facts could slap you right in the face and you would turn around to avoid them.

Medicare is, but thats because healthcare costs are skyrocketing. We aren't getting any more, just paying more money.

Some where, yes.

I just want to make sure that's what your saying?

No, you didn't read the words I wrote. You said that I said that there were more poor people in LA/San Fran/NYC etc than Alabama/Mississsippi/etc. This is incorrect. I never said such a thing.

My statements would seem much less idiotic if you actually read them and understood them as opposed to just assuming what you want to assume.[/QUOTE]

Not one single social program has been cut under Bush. A reduction in the rate of increase in spending for programs is NOT a cut, just keeping them from growing as fast.

Just want to point out that you can't really use a chart that shows income to prove who is and is not poor.

Ilive very comfortably where I am. I couldn't afford a one bedroom shack in NYC, nor in LA. For the same thing I paid in SoCal and in Alexandria, VA for a 2 bdr "closet" (apt), I am buying a 3 bdr, 2 1/2 bath, story house with a two car garage and huge yard here. I could move to Amarillo, TX and live comfortably entirely off my military retirement.

Another example would be a civil service admin clerk here is a GS-2 or 3 while in DC they are GS-8 or 9.

It isn't that anyone is living any better. It's that pay for what one does is comparable to the cost of living in whatever state/city you live in.

Not one single social program has been cut under Bush. A reduction in the rate of increase in spending for programs is NOT a cut, just keeping them from growing as fast.

Haha, no.

Ever heard of a little thing called inflation?

Haha, no.

Ever heard of a little thing called inflation?

The budget for EVERY federal social program in existence has COLA built in to it's budget. The increases are on top of that.

Not one single domestic program under the Bush's watch has suffered a cut, even after inflation (which up until this past year was running around 2%).

The budget for EVERY federal social program in existence has COLA built in to it's budget. The increases are on top of that.

Not one single domestic program under the Bush's watch has suffered a cut, even after inflation (which up until this past year was running around 2%).

I have showed him facts he just refuses to except them. It's quite pathetic really and funny...:rofl:

So...your morality is superior to and takes precedence over everyone elses.
Gotcha. :cuckoo:

I never said that my morality takes precedence over everyone else’s. I’m not even clear on what you mean by that. I do think that I am right concerning whether or not we should allow “civil unions” for gay couples – Just as you think that you are right. My position might be wrong – in that my opinion (as carefully and independently thought out as it may be) might end up being bad for America if it is carried out. Your opinion might be right. I think that I’m right. I am certainly saying that if one were to rely on fallacious mental shortcuts such as simply appealing to tradition or popularity, he stands a good chance of making bad decisions. Issues such as whether or not America should allow homosexual marriage deserve more thought than just a comment or two amounting to: “No. Limiting marriage to heterosexual couples has worked just fine” or “No. It is unpopular”.

I do think that I am right concerning whether or not we should allow “civil unions” for gay couples – Just as you think that you are right.
Yes... and given that you believe that it is OK to impose morality on others, what argument do you have against those that would impose that particular morality on gay couples?

Forum List

Back