If you think taxes should be raised...

I suggest you make sure your tinfoil hat in on extra snug and test your theory by giving the finger to the IRS this year and refusing to pay their "unconstitutional" tax.

lemme know how that works for ya! :rofl:

Already researched this, anyone claiming it was not ratified is smoking something illegal. And yup, I notice most of the people that make that claim still PAY taxes.

A certain Star is going to find out shortly what happens when you refuse to pay taxes.

The 16th Amendment is not now nor has it ever been the problem. The programs those taxes are used to run are. As I recall the Constitution still only grants a very limited amount of power to the federal Government, no new Amendment has been added that allows new powers.

Yet we have all these ILLEGAL, UNCONSTITUTIONAL programs we pay for.

As for the claim by someone else, the 16th most definately WAS ratified. And in a very short period of time. Further the 16th was not really needed as the Government already had the power to tax.

"unconstitutional" programs? do you have any supreme court opinions stating any currently funded program's unconstitutionality?

or is this on the same level as your Ted Kennedy is a murderer schtick?:rofl:

...why aren't you voluntarily contributing the amount by which you think it's too low? If not to the government, then to those things you think the government should pay for?

Because if the government raises taxes across the board, it will bring in billions. If I give them my entire income in a year, it will be substantially less than billions.

Its called being responsible for your own self. Why should I be forced to support others who dont want to work?

I know...like the military, those lazy fucks. Or like those who are disabled, those lazy fucks. Or those who are 90 years old, those lazy fucks.

:rolleyes:

This is kind of like the "If you support the war in Iraq, why aren't you fighting in Iraq?" argument.

It is the specious "put your money where your mouth is" line of thinking.

Because if the government raises taxes across the board, it will bring in billions. If I give them my entire income in a year, it will be substantially less than billions.

I know...like the military, those lazy fucks. Or like those who are disabled, those lazy fucks. Or those who are 90 years old, those lazy fucks.

:rolleyes:

Ok hot shot... What percentage of our tax dollars go to the disabled and elderly...

if YOU think that the federal income tax is stealing, either get the 16th amendment repealed or move.:rofl:

What the hell are you talking about? None of the amendments says that the federal government can taxes and fund social programs. No where in the Constitution is socal programs a guaranteed right. Where the hell do you see that? Did the founding fathers spend 680 billion dollars(the equivalent in colonial times) in social programs, the answer is hell no? So don't talk like the founding fathers wanted to overtax the mass of the population to give to the lazy members of society. That's about the most asinine comment I have ever heard.

This is kind of like the "If you support the war in Iraq, why aren't you fighting in Iraq?" argument.

It is the specious "put your money where your mouth is" line of thinking.

Supporting our troops in combat is alot different than supporting income redistribution...

Ok hot shot... What percentage of our tax dollars go to the disabled and elderly...

It seems as though the disabled and the elderly are funded by Social Security for the most part....

A program which is a falicy in common sense..if you have more people drawing from the system than putting into the system then it is doomed to go bankrupt.

A great example of failed social programs in this country.

...why aren't you voluntarily contributing the amount by which you think it's too low? If not to the government, then to those things you think the government should pay for?

I'm already paying over 30% of my income in taxes. That, IMO, is absurd and amounts to theft.

Here's a novel idea .... cut government spending.

Its not about support. Its about walking the talk, which is the premise in the OP.

Well considering I am 35, unfortunately a smoker and a little out of shape, they won't take me....It's a little different comparison don't you think?

Well considering I am 35, unfortunately a smoker and a little out of shape, they won't take me....It's a little different comparison don't you think?

They'll take you. They took a late 40's -- early 50-ish, fat, reservist I know of and sent him to Iraq.

I'm sure they'd be happy for your support.

They'll take you. They took a late 40's -- early 50-ish, fat, reservist I know of and sent him to Iraq.

Actually no they won't I have tried to sign up for the Guard and I was told I was too old...

I'm already paying over 30% of my income in taxes. That, IMO, is absurd and amounts to theft.

Why stop there... we need to cut government... not just the spending...

There should be about 500 people on the federal payroll... not including military personel

don't agree with the 16th amendment?

tough shit.

get it repealed or fucking MOVE somewhere else but until then, quit yer bitchin'.

And a hearty kiss my ass on that sentiment. I am working to get it repealed and I aint movin nowhere. Getcher eviction posse ready big guy. Hope they come armed......

if YOU think that the federal income tax is stealing, either get the 16th amendment repealed or move.:rofl:

Covered already. But, I tell ya what, I will move when the abortionists, the dope smoking womanizing draft dodgers (that were not elected President that is), the illegal aliens, and of course anyone not living in Texas, gets the hell out of the neighborhood. They are driving the property values down.

Better watch out. MM will fall over and tell you to move out too.

Completely different. Odds are the late- 40's - early 50-ish fat reservist didn't join at that age and shape.

Last I heard for sure, they waivered up to 28.

I went to Drill Instructor School when I was 33. If anything it's the same as boot camp if not harder. If you don't think there's a difference between recoverability at 20 and at 33, let me assure there IS. I was just too hard-headed to drop.

Why stop there... we need to cut government... not just the spending...

There should be about 500 people on the federal payroll... not including military personel

I'll settle for no tax. Then cut government spending. THEN cut government.

But I agree, the government is too big and it's beyond our control. Not spending millions and billions on investigating every stupid thing that comes along for months and years would be a good start.

And a hearty kiss my ass on that sentiment. I am working to get it repealed and I aint movin nowhere. Getcher eviction posse ready big guy. Hope they come armed......

Covered already. But, I tell ya what, I will move when the abortionists, the dope smoking womanizing draft dodgers (that were not elected President that is), the illegal aliens, and of course anyone not living in Texas, gets the hell out of the neighborhood. They are driving the property values down.

Better watch out. MM will fall over and tell you to move out too.

I'm not moving anywhere. The Constitution clearly states what our government should be; which, our government clearly is not. I daresay it was never envisioned to be the all-consuming, self-serving monster it has become.

Wonder what percentage the Founding Father's were being taxed at before they finally threw the King out on his ass?

Forum List

Back