If you think Romney will beat Obama

Please say so here. I want to be able to come back and laugh at you and re-read all your bullshit. This is going to be easier than beating McCain. My aunt said Obama visited UofMiami and the cheers were deafening. I don't even think Mitt will win Florida. Might even lose Arizona. McCain almost did and its his home state. No one likes Romney. Its laughable. Polls showing them neck and neck are laughable.

No way Romney wins Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin or NJ. Not with what all the right wing Governors are doing to women and unions. And that's not even counting the Emergency Financial Managers that Snyder is putting in place of elected government. I wonder if people in Michigan even know what I'm talking about.

Not after Citizens United.

Not if the Occupy Wallstreet crowd shows up. They dwarf the tea baggers.

The with Paul Ryan trying to kill social security and medicare.

Not with the GOP wanting to invade Iran next.

Not when the GOP wants to make the Bush tax breaks even bigger.

But please tell me how/why Romney is going to beat Obama? I want to come back and laugh at you after the elections.

Gas prices? Obamacare? Birth Control? Not enough. No one likes Romney. Obama's beating him by 9 points right now.

Don't count your roosters before they hatch...

According to a Fox News poll, Romney bests Obama 46% to 44%, if the election were held today and Rasmussen has Romney ahead 48% to 44%, which is outside the margin of error. Santorum's exit from the race may have given Romney a boost in the polls as Romney is now a confirmed GOP nominee. Another factor is the controversy surrounding Hillary Rosen's criticism of Ann Romney. Obama is losing support among female voters who are annoyed by the campaign strategist's comments on stay-at-home moms.

Obama got a huge bump in the polls after the GOP's attack on women but it took a week before that story sunk in and started to show up in polls.

I find it funny that this faux Rosen issue showed up in Fox's polls the day after the story came out.

I smell BS! But who's gonna prove it so I guess Fox can come out and say whatever they want. And I've always found Rasmussen to be bias. Just look back to what their polls said in 2008. McCain was beating Obama in their polls back then. :eusa_liar:

Thanks for demonstrating the dem mind is controlled by nose rings. Party talking points.

The Ultimate useful Idiot.

Huh? Don't you find it interesting that the Washington Post/ABC poll was taken a week after the GOP attacked birth control, in order to give people time to obsorb the information and process it.

But the Fox poll came out the morning after the Ann Romney story broke. I'm surprised most people didn't even know what the issue was about yet. So did Fox ask people, "how do you feel about the Democrats saying stay at home moms don't work and are lazy"? I can just see it now.

In other words, Fox's polls are bogus. All you have to do is go back and look at their polls when McCain was running against Obama. If they were dead wrong back then, why would you believe them now? Huh stupid?

According to a Fox News poll, Romney bests Obama 46% to 44%, if the election were held today and Rasmussen has Romney ahead 48% to 44%, which is outside the margin of error. Santorum's exit from the race may have given Romney a boost in the polls as Romney is now a confirmed GOP nominee. Another factor is the controversy surrounding Hillary Rosen's criticism of Ann Romney. Obama is losing support among female voters who are annoyed by the campaign strategist's comments on stay-at-home moms.

Obama got a huge bump in the polls after the GOP's attack on women but it took a week before that story sunk in and started to show up in polls.

I find it funny that this faux Rosen issue showed up in Fox's polls the day after the story came out.

I smell BS! But who's gonna prove it so I guess Fox can come out and say whatever they want. And I've always found Rasmussen to be bias. Just look back to what their polls said in 2008. McCain was beating Obama in their polls back then. :eusa_liar:

Thanks for demonstrating the dem mind is controlled by nose rings. Party talking points.

I remember the day the Rosen story broke a right wing retard on USMB asked me if I agreed with Rosen or Romney and I didn't even know what the fuck she was talking about. Turns out it was a fake story the GOP manufactured in defense of their recent hit they took with women over birth control.

You must realize we view you righties as low information voters. Or misinformed. Or under informed. But certainly not uninformed. Rush fills your heads with a lot of bullshit. You certainly have a lot of information. Its just all bad.

honkmybobo and the rest of the dems are running scared. Three years of failed policies and broken promises does not provide for a great record to run on. It'll probably be close but Romney wins.

Obama's Playbook:

Blame: Everyone else is responsible when there was MORE than pushing ObamaCare, See George W. Bush and the Founders, and unfair system of negative liberties...(Like Honoring the Oath of Office)...He was just here to correct it... Can't help it if he got caught dishonoring it for agenda...Change.

Deny(ial): Deny you had anything to do with it... but still perpetuated same old shit different day under cloak of BLAME...Hope your psychophants swallow it as the first time...it's the other guy before you if all else fails...at least he tried

Minimisation: Deception...pretends to be for the people and the Republic, but works to do everything against it in the guise of fairness...Anything that didn't work for you? See the two above..at least he tried as the party NOT in power blocked your efforts...nothing to see here...move along...

Obfuscation: Confuse by pointing elsewhere..Remain off topic..Create other issues that steer others away from your failures...use the three above to prove it...

Last edited:
And then Republicans tried to say Clinton wasn't doing a good job even though the economy was booming.

This is why they laid the perjury trap by bringing a sexual affair in front of a grand jury - because they didn't have anything else. They actually accused him of playing wag the dog with Al Qaeda. They didn't want him focusing on Foreign Policy; they wanted to handcuff his entire presidency by combing through his dirty laundry. It's funny, because the group of politicians calling for his head were later discovered to be adulterers and pedophiles.

Bush didn't want to continue the Clinton Boom. He singlehandedly got rid of the surplus by using tax policy to thrust the nation into a deficit crisis. It's called Starve the Beast. Their longstanding theory is that the only way to kill spending is to put the nation in a fiscal crisis. Problem is, the global economy was not strong enough to handle a fiscal crisis, especially if you factor in the housing bubble and oil shock. I don't think the nation will recover from the Bush years in my lifetime. When he chose not to burst the housing bubble, he dug a fairly permanent grave.

Last edited:

I remember the day the Rosen story broke a right wing retard on USMB asked me if I agreed with Rosen or Romney and I didn't even know what the fuck she was talking about. Turns out it was a fake story the GOP manufactured in defense of their recent hit they took with women over birth control.

You must realize we view you righties as low information voters. Or misinformed. Or under informed. But certainly not uninformed. Rush fills your heads with a lot of bullshit. You certainly have a lot of information. Its just all bad.

Rush has nothing to do with it. Some of US can think for ourselves unlike you.

And then Republicans tried to say Clinton wasn't doing a good job even though the economy was booming.

This is why they laid the perjury trap by bringing a sexual affair in front of a grand jury - because they didn't have anything else. They actually accused him of playing wag the dog with Al Qaeda. They didn't want him focusing on Foreign Policy; they wanted to handcuff his entire presidency by combing through his dirty laundry. It's funny, because the group of politicians calling for his head were later discovered to be adulterers and pedophiles.

Bush didn't want to continue the Clinton Boom. He singlehandedly got rid of the surplus by using tax policy to thrust the nation into a deficit crisis. It's called Starve the Beast. Their longstanding theory is that the only way to kill spending is to put the nation in a fiscal crisis. Problem is, the global economy was not strong enough to handle a fiscal crisis, especially if you factor in the housing bubble and oil shock. I don't think the nation will recover from the Bush years in my lifetime. When he chose not to burst the housing bubble, he dug a fairly permanent grave.

I don't think Bush was aware that there was a housing bubble. Most economists were saying there was nothing wrong with the economy and that there were no bubbles at all. The only economist who was saying the economy was in trouble was Peter Schiff, and all the other "experts" were mocking him for that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw]Peter Schiff Was Right 2006 - 2007 (2nd Edition) - YouTube[/ame]

Well you agree with Rush 90% of the time. On average. Maybe you are 89 or 91 or maybe even 100%, but I find it funny while you guys all think for yourselves you sound a lot like Rush.

Proof the left doesn't have a spokesman brainwashing us like you guys do, you had to go find this Rosen broad no one ever heard of before.

Last edited:

Well you agree with Rush 90% of the time. On average. Maybe you are 89 or 91 or maybe even 100%, but I find it funny while you guys all think for yourselves you sound a lot like Rush.

YOU know this for fact? Really?

So are you for or against gloating on the forum after the election.. were you here to answer the poll? IIRC the consensus was 98% for gloating. go ahead speak now or forever hold yer piece.

I'm for it! It's why I started this thread. So I can come back and reference. This is going to be great. I should have titled this thread I Told You So.:lol:

And if I'm wrong, boy will it be fun for you. :eusa_shifty:

yes,, I'm going to sing na na na na hey hey hey goodbye.

Last edited by a moderator:
President Clinton rode the dot.com bubble. He gets special credit for having been in the more or less right spot at the right time?

All praise Bubba.

:doubt:

No lefty would argue with you there. And we fault Clinton for going along with deregulations and NAFTA.

But could you imagine the praises the GOP would have showered GW with if he was in charge in the 90's? They would have saintified him like they did Reagan for his timing.

Which reminds me. Reagan agreed with Buffett, who agrees with Obama. Maybe you should agree with Obama. If Reagan ran today he would not have won the GOP nomination. Too liberal.

Please say so here. I want to be able to come back and laugh at you and re-read all your bullshit. This is going to be easier than beating McCain. My aunt said Obama visited UofMiami and the cheers were deafening. I don't even think Mitt will win Florida. Might even lose Arizona. McCain almost did and its his home state. No one likes Romney. Its laughable. Polls showing them neck and neck are laughable.

No way Romney wins Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin or NJ. Not with what all the right wing Governors are doing to women and unions. And that's not even counting the Emergency Financial Managers that Snyder is putting in place of elected government. I wonder if people in Michigan even know what I'm talking about.

Not after Citizens United.

Not if the Occupy Wallstreet crowd shows up. They dwarf the tea baggers.

The with Paul Ryan trying to kill social security and medicare.

Not with the GOP wanting to invade Iran next.

Not when the GOP wants to make the Bush tax breaks even bigger.

But please tell me how/why Romney is going to beat Obama? I want to come back and laugh at you after the elections.

Gas prices? Obamacare? Birth Control? Not enough. No one likes Romney. Obama's beating him by 9 points right now.

I think Obama will beat Romney, but not for any of the reasons you mention here.

OWS showing up would probably be a bad thing for Obama. They don't really have a good reputation. They wore out their welcome a long time ago.

Iran- Actually, if a war starts with Iran, it will probably be because of Israel, and it probably helps Obama, not hurts him.

Obama will probalby beat Romney because Romney isn't likable. Republicans don't really like him, they've just bought into the hype that he's "electable."

YOU know this for fact? Really?

So far now I'm not seeing a lot of confidence coming from you righties. Is it because you know I'm going to come back and reference your stupidity so you aren't talking so much bullshit because you know I'm going to call you out on it in November? This is how confident I am that Obama is going to win. Imagine the posts I'm going to have to read if I'm wrong. But I'm not going to be wrong, and I think righties are admitting it with their lack of confidence and excuses I'm hearing. :lol:

And yes I do know it for a fact. I even know McCain strategically voted against a lot of Bush's unpopular policies in order to say he was different. But he always went to GOP leadership first and got permission. If they needed his vote, they got it. Can you tell me the differences between Bush and Mitt?

And I don't want to hear it from you Ron Paul Republicans. You talked a good game but I see all of you falling in line for Romney. I knew you wouldn't sit it out. Same with you christians who wouldn't vote for a non christian but here you are voting for a mormon who says God visited Joseph Smith in 1800 and told him that YOUR RELIGION IS A CULT.

Buddy, the "righties" are not your enemies. Well sure we want Romney to win but it's not that personal. I believe that Obama's policies are wrong but I don't see him or his supporters as enemies. I'm speaking for myself but I believe most of the other "righties" think like me.

Buddy, the "righties" are not your enemies. Well sure we want Romney to win but it's not that personal. I believe that Obama's policies are wrong but I don't see him or his supporters as enemies. I'm speaking for myself but I believe most of the other "righties" think like me.

I don't. I think as a Republican your greed and/or ignorance are very harmful to our way of life. Rich Republicans are greedy and middle class Republicans are ignorant.

And I think people who don't vote should be fined. Or at least give everyone who does vote a tax break and then I bet you more people will show up to midterms and general elections.

George Carlin said it best:

That is one thing you might've noticed I don't complain about: Politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. But where do the people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from american parents and american families, american homes, american schools, american churches, american businesses and american universities. and they're elected by american citizens. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you are gonna get selfish, ignorant leaders. The term limits ain't goinna do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So maybe, maybe, maybe it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here. Like... the public. Yeah. The public sucks! There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody.

I don't. I think as a Republican your greed and/or ignorance are very harmful to our way of life. Rich Republicans are greedy and middle class Republicans are ignorant.

And I think people who don't vote should be fined. Or at least give everyone who does vote a tax break and then I bet you more people will show up to midterms and general elections.

That is one thing you might've noticed I don't complain about: Politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. But where do the people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from american parents and american families, american homes, american schools, american churches, american businesses and american universities. and they're elected by american citizens. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you are gonna get selfish, ignorant leaders. The term limits ain't goinna do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So maybe, maybe, maybe it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here. Like... the public. Yeah. The public sucks! There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody.

That's weird because your point of view is so much more intolerant than mine and yet you are one of the guys who are supposed to be tolerant and open minded... Oh well. :)

That's weird because your point of view is so much more intolerant than mine and yet you are one of the guys who are supposed to be tolerant and open minded... Oh well. :)

I would love to split up the states and let you guys try your way and we'll do our thing and in a year you will be sneaking over our borders trying to come back.

Because our country will have good middle class wages, social security, medicare and a fair tax system. We will have 40 hour work weeks and minimum wages. We will have labor laws and you won't. Job security and sick days. All these things were faught for and won by Unions. They won't exist in your country. Neither will a middle class. Remember Charles Dickens? Tiny Tim? That is what your way will produce. A small rich class, a small merchant class and a huge working poor class called the rabble. Where do you think you will fall in this kind of society? How about your grandkids and neighbors? Good luck.

The rich will chew you up and spit you out in their free unregulated markets.

You remind me of those old compassionate conservatives. Remember them? I do. I'm not falling for that again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

By the way, the GOP do realize they have a personality problem with Rush being their spokesman so get ready for Huckabee to have a radio show that goes up against Rush. He's going to try to sell independents/moderates and people that left the GOP that he's a different kind of Republican. And he'll be running in 2016. But no matter how much he acts different, he and Rush agree on a lot more than they disagree on.

Forum List

Back