If you think it’s all about the “Economy”, think again.

The “We want OUR country back” Republicans are scared.

For them, it’s not necessarily about the economy. Many of them are already retired and receiving Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid and they know the economy won’t really affect them.

This is what bothers them:

Too many “colored” people are invading their communities. By “colored”, we mean Hispanics, Muslims and “Caribbean and African” blacks.

They hate the fact that their daughters are marrying these “men of color”.

They hate the fact that their grandchildren are refusing to “stay in the closet”. Worse, they want to get married “publicly” in a “church”.

And most of all, they hate the FACT that our president is a black man named, “Barrack HUSSIEN Obama”.

This is the source of their anger. For them, this election isn’t about “voting Republican”, but about voting “White and Christian”, which of course, is 90% of the Republican Party.

Seeing the community change the way it has is frightening to many older Republicans.

lmao...........this is all liberals have left in terms of idea's. Label 70% of Americans as racist!!!!!!:lol::lol: Fcukking cooool.

go.........go...........go s0n!!!!! The more the merrier!!!

I don't buy into rdean's OP (in fact, I think its really silly), but Mr.Clean is asking a legitimate question:

When you say "We Want Our Country Back!" it implies that:

1. At one point you felt you "had" your country.
2. Someone took it from you.

Number 1 up there leads to a very specific question: When was the last time you "had" your country? It isn't a strawman.

Number 2 is also very valid, as it tends to tell weed out the partisan hacks from the principled voters.

The question has been answered in the previous pages.
I've seen maybe 1 specific answer (del's), a lot of cliche answers, and one blatantly partisan one.
We want our country back to less government involvement in our lives.

So when was that? Let's start by rolling back the size of government to what it was 10 years ago and work from there.

At one time we DID 'have' our country and the someones who took it from us are the politicians, by continually growing and expanding government's reach.

That's really cliche to say, and very non-specific. Let's get into it. When was the last time that the American people really owned their country? Why? When specifically was it "stolen" from you?

It is? I thought it was pretty clear. How bout we cut this list by 1/4 and work from there.

A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies (A): USA.gov

When was it ours? If you're looking for a specific date I can't give you that. If you don't understand that many of us would like to shrink the size of government because it has grown too big . . . I can't help you with that either. As for when it was 'stolen' from us? Bit by bit; see the list above.

This "We Want Our Country Back!" business is the kind of touchy-feely reasoning that Conservatives accuse liberals of indulging in. So lets make this a reasoned argument.

On the day that rdrool can actually back up even one of his claims, I'll pay some attention... but, as usual, rdeal's idea of 'politics' is nothing more than a flame.... and not a very good one. You're becoming a parody of yourself, drooler boy.

Actions speak louder than words. I only watch the actions of the Right Wing and comment on what is plain for everyone else watching. Sorry, don't blame the messenger. Take a look at the message.
No, you watch what crackpots like media matters and the huffpo say the right wing is doing.

Of course, watching your words, I realize you're fucking unabomber insane.

It's amazing how you seem to know the inside of the minds of conseratives, and their true beliefs. You may think the deep fat frier is talking to you, but all the rest of us know you're projecting.

For them, it’s not necessarily about the economy. Many of them are already retired and receiving Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid and they know the economy won’t really affect them.

Too many “colored” people are invading their communities. By “colored”, we mean Hispanics, Muslims and “Caribbean and African” blacks.

They hate the fact that their grandchildren are refusing to “stay in the closet”. Worse, they want to get married “publicly” in a “church”.

And most of all, they hate the FACT that our president is a black man named, “Barrack HUSSIEN Obama”.

This is the source of their anger. For them, this election isn’t about “voting Republican”, but about voting “White and Christian”, which of course, is 90% of the Republican Party.

Seeing the community change the way it has is frightening to many older Republicans.

You've been listening to Cynthia Tucker I see.

I have to go look up Cynthia Tucker. I'll tell you if I agree with her or not once I find out who she is. Thanks

At least there's one honest person on this board that can at least come up with a simple answer to a simple question.

1962?

John F. Kennedy announces U.S. will resume above ground nuclear testing

U.S. promise Thailand assistance against communist aggression

U.S. advisors in South-Vietnam join the fight

U.S. national debt above $300,000,000,000

New Orleans Citizens Co gives free 1-way ride to blacks to move North

Suit alleging de facto school segregation filed in Rochester, New York

U.S. stock market drops $20.8 billion in 1 day

Lee Harvey Oswald departs Rotterdam on SS Maasdam to U.S.

Martin Luther King, Jr. arrested during demonstration in Georgia

House passes bill requiring equal pay for equal work regardless of sex

Martin Luther King, Jr. jailed in Albany, Georgia

U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals orders Meredith admitted to University of Miss

Black church is destroyed by fire in Macon Georgia

John F. Kennedy authorized use of federal troops to integrate University of Mississippi

James Meredith registers for classes at University of Mississippi

John F. Kennedy routes 3,000 federal troops to Mississippi

John F. Kennedy imposes naval blockade on Cuba, beginning missile crisis

Saudi Arabia proclaims abolishing slavery

Edith Spurlock Sampson sworn-in as 1st U.S. black female judge

It was a very good year.
Seems the government was involved with nearly everything.
Don't forget the heavy push for science because of Sputnik a few years before. Science was in it's heyday.

Last edited by a moderator:

You've been listening to Cynthia Tucker I see.

I have to go look up Cynthia Tucker. I'll tell you if I agree with her or not once I find out who she is. Thanks

Ah yes, Cynthia Tucker. I know who she is now. I can see from her writings below she's smart. So she said the same thing as me? Great. It's nice to know there are other thinking people out there that come to the same conclusions based on existing evidence.

Universal Press Syndicate: Feature Detail

Beck, by the way, has also been subjected to harsh appraisals by Christian fundamentalists. His rally had barely ended before Russell Moore, a dean at Louisville's Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, denounced it, along with the conservative Christians who attended. "Mormonism and Mammonism are contrary to the gospel of Jesus Christ," Moore wrote.

Stock Market Performance vs Congress Party Control

Going back to 1945 with data from about.com, combined with historical stock market data from yahoo finance, I’ve constructed a table showing the relationship between who controls congress (and the white house) versus the growth or decline in the stock market. An image of the table is below. Click table the excel sheet.

Below the table, I point out my findings…but feel free to draw your own conclusions.

congress_market.jpg

Average Stock Market gain during Democratic Congress: +9.8%
Average Stock Market gain during Republican Congress: +30.1%

Average Stock Market gain during Democratic President:
with Democratic Congress support: +13.2%
with Republican Congress opposition: +32.6%
(+18.8% regardless of Congress)

Average Stock Market gain during Republican President:
With Democratic Congress opposition: +6.6%
With Republican Congress support: +25.3%
(+13.3% regardless of Congress)

This is not my opinion. These are facts.

(data for DJIA for each year taken from 1st trading day in that year. Gains are stated for 2 year periods. Half them for annual gains.)

First off.... Nah, nevermind.

When race baiters say it's not about the economy, they're admitting that it really is about the economy.

Just sayin'.

Cheap shot.

In part true perhaps, but they also have legitimate gripes that need to be addressed.

Even racists can be right, ya know.

The economy is bad and not improviong. The Big 0 has accepted/adopted every one of W's war policies. He is about to raise taxes during a recession. The entire Democrat Congress is or should be headed for jail for ethics violations.

He promised that his heath insurance reform would lower the expense curve of healthcare and the rate of increase has increased. Only about 1/100th of the bill is in effect.

Every Democrat Candidate is running against his record. His approval rating is at its lowest to date.

The generic ballot has the Republicans up by more than 10%- historically the highest margin in favor of Republicans ever.

The house will go Republican in Novemeber. This is due largely to the fact that they passed bills that were opposed by 70% of the population.

What about any of this gives you the feeling that you are not just dreaming when you write this fantasy of hate about things you hate ascribed to those you hate?

How Rdean got this way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6iuTY1t73s]YouTube - Bed Jump Fail[/ame]

Forum List

Back