if you stood out in the street

sinister59

Rookie
Mar 21, 2011
for hours doing nothing but cursing god in all its names , during a thunder storm , but didn't get hurt does that prove there's no god ?
what about you swore at one name at a time but hit once would that be a sign of the real name ?
or are religions just stupid . for week people that can't fined their own way without an invisible friend ?

" for hours doing nothing but cursing god in all its names , during a thunder storm , but didn't get hurt does that prove there's no god ? "

No, but it sure as hell proves you're a fuckin' idiot.

You needed FURTHER convincing of that moron's idiocy?

I wouldn't mock God so foolishly. Nor would I presume that because He provides time for people to repent that such mockery goes unpunished in the Eternity. See, God isn't limited to your conception of time. For Eternal beings, it really doesn't matter if punishment for sins began immediate or was delayed thousands of years into the afterlife. Time is meaningless. All things are Present for God.

But seriously, don't tempt God. People looking for signs never get the ones that are actually good. Besides, maybe God has already given you a sign. Maybe He struck you illegible.

I wouldn't mock God so foolishly. Nor would I presume that because He provides time for people to repent that such mockery goes unpunished in the Eternity. See, God isn't limited to your conception of time. For Eternal beings, it really doesn't matter if punishment for sins began immediate or was delayed thousands of years into the afterlife. Time is meaningless. All things are Present for God.

But seriously, don't tempt God. People looking for signs never get the ones that are actually good. Besides, maybe God has already given you a sign. Maybe He struck you illegible.

:rofl:

Hey. It's possible. God acts in mysterious ways.

Hey. It's possible. God acts in mysterious ways.

Yes, He does. But something tells ms the OP's stupidity is all his own doing.

for hours doing nothing but cursing god in all its names , during a thunder storm , but didn't get hurt does that prove there's no god ?
what about you swore at one name at a time but hit once would that be a sign of the real name ?
or are religions just stupid . for week people that can't fined their own way without an invisible friend ?

It might prove that "Helley Hanson" is God.

https://www.hellyhansengear.com/c-1-outdoor-jackets.aspx

I thought Alanis Morrissette was God?

I thought Alanis Morrissette was God?

I believe you are thinking of the other one...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4CRkpBGQzU]YouTube - Joan Osborne - One Of Us[/ame]

First off... God Gave us Free will. The truth is, we all have till the day we die to find the Lord. The sucky part of that is, we don't know when we are going to die.

In case some of you haven't noticed, underneath my name is the word "Bluesman". I love the blues, I play in an Acoustic Blues Trio.

There is a guy out there that does some very good Piedmont Style Blues(Appalachian). His name is Roy BookBinder. There is a song Called "Electricity" that aptly describes the "invisible Friend"

You can't see electricity when it's movin' down the line
but how in the world can you doubt it, you can surely see it shine.
When you seek salvation, it's courage you will feel
You won't need nobody to tell you that it's real.

First off... God Gave us Free will. The truth is, we all have till the day we die to find the Lord. The sucky part of that is, we don't know when we are going to die.

In case some of you haven't noticed, underneath my name is the word "Bluesman". I love the blues, I play in an Acoustic Blues Trio.

There is a guy out there that does some very good Piedmont Style Blues(Appalachian). His name is Roy BookBinder. There is a song Called "Electricity" that aptly describes the "invisible Friend"

You can't see electricity when it's movin' down the line
but how in the world can you doubt it, you can surely see it shine.
When you seek salvation, it's courage you will feel
You won't need nobody to tell you that it's real.

The Bible does not teach 'free will'.

The Lord tells us that before we are saved we are spiritually dead. And that there is not one of us that is good. Thus we are born with a nature and a heart that will not alow us to obey or seek the things of the Lord.

Psa 14:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psa 14:2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
Psa 14:3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Psa 14:4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.

Psa 53:1 To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
Psa 53:2 God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.
Psa 53:3 Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Psa 53:4 Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread: they have not called upon God.

Gen 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Yet the Lord commands us to seek God, to believe, to repent.

Deu 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

1Ch 16:10 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

However, just as it was impossible for Lazarus, a dead rotting corps, to obey Jesus' command to come out of the tomb, it is impossible for a spiritually dead person to obey God's command to believe on Jesus for salvation.

Joh 11:41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
Joh 11:42And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
Joh 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. Joh 11:44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Now, how was Lazarus able to obey Christ when he told him to 'come forth'? Lazarus was dead for days and his body was rotting. He had no will of his own to stand and walk. Yet 'he that was dead came forth', how can that be? The Lord had to do a work in him in order for him to be able to do as Christ ordered. The same as he has to do a work in us in order for us to be able to seek what is of Him and believe. He makes us a new creature, changes our hearts, and converts our souls.

Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Act 16:14 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

However, in order for the Lord to do so, we have to have heard His Word. He grants us faith through the hearing of His Word. And the faith we have is a gift from the Lord given to us by His grace.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

I Bolded 'not of works' because I see 'choosing Christ' or 'accepting Christ' to be works and thus these things can not save you, but rather are the result of a work the Lord has already done in you.

Now, I will be gone for 2-3 days, so I will not be able to respond to anyone untill I come back. I know many will dissagree with me on this. I do not wish to argue but rather simply give something to think on.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back