If you spent 2,307% more then you proposed.. would you still have

Discussion in 'Politics' started by healthmyths, Oct 15, 2012.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,841
    YOUR JOB???

Obama said
    His proposed budget would "cut our deficit in half by the end of my first term."
    Barack Obama on Tuesday, March 24th, 2009 in in a news conference.
    PolitiFact | Obama promises to cut the deficit in half in four years

BUT here is the reality:
    Bush Deficit 2008 $482 billion
    Obama in 2009 $1.4 Trillion - 2010 $1.29 Trillion - 2011 $1.27 Trillion - 2012 $1.6 Trillion

Total DEFICIT for 4 years.. $5.56 Trillion.
    Promised cut cut by 1/2 the deficit of $482 billion or down to $241...

BUT instead of CUTTING... BALLOONED! EXPLODED! $5.56 Trillion!

This means Obama SPENT 2,307% MORE then he predicted he would CUT deficit to $241 billion!

So HOW long would you have YOUR job if you told your boss you'd cut by half your expenses BUT you spent 2,307% MORE???

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,841
    But of course Obama's famous excuse in his OWN words...
    On July 14 in Glenn Allen, Va., the president told a crowd, “After a decade of irresponsibility, where I inherited a trillion-dollar deficit, I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work."
    White House Says

Now it wouldn't be so bad that HE LIED "inherited a trillion-dollar deficit".. (Bush budget deficit was $482 billion
    "This assertion is understandable, since the deficit jumped from about $450 billion in 2008 "
    Don’t Blame Obama for Bush’s 2009 Deficit | Cato @ Liberty

BUT HE"S INCREASED by 2,000%

3. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,714
    He naively thought the republicans actually loved America would work with him a least some of the time, boy you guys sure showed him different.

4. 2ndAmendment

2ndAmendment Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    These are the workings of the enemy within ... the destruction of America from the inside out. Not all enemies come from outside our borders - the worst one occupies the White House. :mad:

5. kiwiman127

kiwiman127 Comfortably Moderate Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    Again, healthmyths shows us he hasn't got a clue. Our federal government runs on fiscal years, just like businesses run on fiscal years. The very last Bush budget (for year 2009) started on October 1, 2008 and ended on September 30th, 2009. I guess healthmyths didn't know that or decided to ignore that fact.
    From the conservative/Libertarian Cato Institute:
    ======================================

Don’t Blame Obama for Bush’s 2009 Deficit

"But there is one rather important detail that makes a big difference. The chart is based on the assumption that the current administration should be blamed for the 2009 fiscal year. While this makes sense to a casual observer, it is largely untrue. The 2009 fiscal year began October 1, 2008, nearly four months before Obama took office. The budget for the entire fiscal year was largely set in place while Bush was in the White House. So is we update the chart to show the Bush fiscal years in green, we can see that Obama is partly right in claiming that he inherited a mess (though Obama actually deserves a small share of the blame for Bush’s last deficit since earlier this year he pushed through both an “omnibus” spending bill and the so-called stimulus bill that increased FY2009 spending)."
    http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/dont-blame-obama-for-bushs-2009-deficit/
    ============================================

Now I disagree with Cato as far as laying all of the 2009 fiscal year deficit on George W Bush. I think that the $787 billion dollar stimulus budget should be deducted from the total 2009 deficit that Cato is putting in Bush's column and instead put in Obama's deficit column.

6. Twofox

Twofox Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    There's an old saying in congress: "If you puit lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig" The on I like is "You can't polish a turd". Submitting crap legislation is still crap.

7. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,280
    Its a shame that Republicans would not pass his budget

A case of what might have been. Republicans care more about Obama failing than they do about the country

8. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,524
    So not only is he a big spender, he's an incompetent leader, too. This is something you are proud of? A President who has been unable to work and play well with others as his predecessors have?

Clinton had an even more hostile Congress! They impeached him, for chrissakes. But he still found a way to work with them and came up with a balanced budget.

You people just keep coming up with more and more lame excuses for your limp dick incompetent messiah. You wonder where his mojo went, and if it is coming back. I have bad news for you. HE NEVER HAD IT!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  9. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,841
    YES truly NAIVE is a good adjective ESPECIALLY when Obama TELLS his employers:

Obama has said: "I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program."Obama's words exactly!!
    which means:
    "I prefer to destroy the 1,300 health insurance companies that pay $100 billion a YEAR in Federal/State/Local taxes/social security/Medicare/workman's compensation/ unemployment insurance AND local property taxes on their facilities!
    I prefer to put out of work the 400,000 people that work in the health insurance companies!"

So when YOUR employee the President says HE WANTS to destroy $100 billion a year in:
    Federal/State/Local taxes/social security/Medicare/workman's compensation/ unemployment insurance AND local property taxes on their facilities!
    AND put 400,000 people on unemployment lines..

AND your employee the President says:
    Obama also said he wants companies to go bankrupt!!! "if somebody wants to build coal utility plant it’s just that it will bankrupt them,!"

Do you want an employee that destroys your revenue, (TAXES at least $100 billion from 1,300 health insurance companies,)
    says he is ok with your Gas prices.. "I'd like higher gas prices.."
    HARWOOD: So could these high prices help us?

Sen. OBAMA: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment.
    In 2008, Obama Seemed OK With High Gas Prices | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

So again... YOU want your employee the President costing almost 3,000% more then he said it would,
    you want your employee to put in place destruction of $100 billion a year in lost taxes??
    You want your employee, the president to approve and actually execute higher gas prices by cutting in half oil exploration on Federal land..

In FY 2009, however, the number of new leases issued fell to 2,072, according to the Bureau of Land Management. In FY 2010, the number was lower still at 1,308; and in FY 2011, the number was 2,188. In every year of the Obama administration, the number of new leases issued was lower than in Bush’s last year.
    In 3 years new leases under Obama 5,568 new leases..
    Under Bush.. from 2006 to 2008 15,095 new leases!

SO your employee is keeping his promises HIGHER GAS Prices by reducing NEW federal leases by 270%!
    Will that lower gas prices???
    Number of New Oil Wells and New Leases Have Decreased Under Obama, Data from BLM Show | CNSNews.com

10. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,524
    :lol:

I heard that talking point being floated around by his professional apologists all last week. It ain't working for you.

Try again.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014