If You Smoke.......

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
If you :smoke:, and you have ANY health issues, you get ZERO sympathy from me and yes, I think you should have to spend more for your health care than I do.

And don't look at me in that tone of voice... I finished 20 years of smoking a little more than 10 years ago - I know EXACTLY how it feels.

Damn ex smokers.
So if someone gets polio but smokes you have no sympathy for them?

Last edited:
Lol, this reminds me. One time I told a call girl that I felt sorry for her ( in a nice and sincere voice ) and she told me she didn't want or need my sympathy...lol. I learned a huge lesson from that exchange. And she was right! :)

Damn ex smokers.
So if someone gets polio but smokes you have no sympathy for them?

I have no sympathy for the idiot who is whining about some malady or other while lighting up. Worse case scenario is the guy hacking up a lung between puffs.

For you twenty somethings out there - I was young and pretty once too, fortunately I brought pretty good health into my 50's because I quit in my early 40's - speed on, brothers and sisters, hell ain't half full yet.

For you smokers in your mid 40's and beyond..... NO sympathy. None.

I must have missed the announcement of "I'm a smoker and I want your sympathy" day, eh?

Personally, I dun care if you run up the cost of my health insurance, Avg-Joe. You can run up the cost of cigarettes, force me to smoke outside, and deny me a transplant if I need one too. I'm not a child; I know there are risks associated with smoking and I accept them.

The one rise in costs that makes the most sense to me -- but is never proposed -- is that smokers should have to pay more for home insurance. After all, if you have no smokers in your dwelling, you have almost no chance of burning down your house via careless handling of smoking materials.

BTW, is it also all good with you if we increase health insurance costs for people who are obese? Engage in extreme sports? Dun eat enough veggies? Or are you singling out smokers to demonize tonight?

Actaully I have my doctors blessing to keep smoking.

Your choice, 'citizen. Just don't ask for any health care for ANY smoking related illnesses that you are not willing to pay for out of your own pocket and don't ask me to pay for extending a life that the owner is choosing to relinquish.

Actually complications from obesity is the second cause of deat in america now I think. neck and neck with smoking.

Actaully I have my doctors blessing to keep smoking.

Your choice, 'citizen. Just don't ask for any health care for ANY smoking related illnesses that you are not willing to pay for out of your own pocket and don't ask me to pay for extending a life that the owner is choosing to relinquish.

Ohh I would not at all.
My life is my own.

And my death will NOT be smoking related I guarantee that.

I agree 100% with you, AVG-JOE. If ppl make life-style choices that they KNOW can lead "sooner than later" to chronic illness or death, they have decided to go for it. "Lousy choices, lousy life."

I must have missed the announcement of "I'm a smoker and I want your sympathy" day, eh?

Personally, I dun care if you run up the cost of my health insurance, Avg-Joe. You can run up the cost of cigarettes, force me to smoke outside, and deny me a transplant if I need one too. I'm not a child; I know there are risks associated with smoking and I accept them.

The one rise in costs that makes the most sense to me -- but is never proposed -- is that smokers should have to pay more for home insurance. After all, if you have no smokers in your dwelling, you have almost no chance of burning down your house via careless handling of smoking materials.

BTW, is it also all good with you if we increase health insurance costs for people who are obese? Engage in extreme sports? Dun eat enough veggies? Or are you singling out smokers to demonize tonight?

All are DAMN good topics Maddie. How about us dog owners? Should I pay more for that lifestyle choice? I could easily see the point of that argument.

I hereby apologize if anyone felt 'demonized'. I simply saw some stupidity out in the world today that sorely needed to be pointed out.

Forum List

Back