If you really want to help small business

The best way to help small businesses is to buy shit. We are a consumer driven economy.

Shop local, buy local. Try not going to Wal Mart more than 2 times a month.

That's actually a really terrible idea. If you had studied econ you would know why.
The ultimate in "buying local" is to make everything yourself. Try that and tell us how it works out.

I am SO tired of this tax cut for person or group X while person or group Y harbors more of the burden thing.. this posturing and pandering is why we got in trouble in the first place

Yes.. it sounds good, but it basically comes down to the government picking winners and losers in all aspects of the game.. and that is not the job of government

I am SO tired of this lets give tax cuts across the board and hope some trickles down as jobs

How about you earn a tax cut AFTER you have created jobs?

Where did govenment acquire the authority to determine what you have "earned?"
Libs just can't get over the notion that we are not government property.

The "trickle down" meme is such utter bullshit. Every dollar a business retains goes towards creating jobs. There's no "trickle down."

They acquired that authority with the 16th amendment

Last edited:
I am SO tired of this lets give tax cuts across the board and hope some trickles down as jobs

Where did govenment acquire the authority to determine what you have "earned?"
Libs just can't get over the notion that we are not government property.

The "trickle down" meme is such utter bullshit. Every dollar a business retains goes towards creating jobs. There's no "trickle down."

They acquired that authority with the 16th amendment

Wrong as usual. They can evaluate what you have made in income, not what you have earned.

Why doesn't everyone just pay the same percentage in taxes ... companies and individuals? Oh that's right ... gotta keep it complicated so politicians can run on issues like this.

I'd be on board with that in a heartbeat on one condition... the same rate applies to capital gains too.

I have no issue with that whatsoever.

And why would you want to spend tens of thousands of dollars for miniscule tax breaks when the economy is uncertain? If you dont know what your business is going to be like because of the government action, why on earth would you start spending money to hire for a one year tax cut at a fraction of the price?

This is great for people who are already hiring. No doubt about that. But it's not going to spur more hiring.

If you don't want a jobs creation tax break, don't take it

Why should we give you tax breaks that are sold as job creation tools whether you create jobs or not?

You're missing the point. The point is the tax break is meant to provide incentive for businesses to hire workers. No one is going to shell out tens of thousands of workers for a tax break at a fraction of the price. The people who plan to hire will hire anyway and take advantage of it, but it's not going to create incentive for new hiring while the economy is unstable as it is.

Are you not tired of the political gimmickry and bullshit? A tax break for some, deductions for some, subsidies for some, done in the name of political oneupmanship against the other side. I'm fucking tired of it, I say we throw out the entire tax code and start over with nothing. Businesses should pay a graduated tax from 10% up to 25%. That's it, no loopholes, no special deals, and any changes should require a 2/3 majority in both Houses of Congress. Get the fucking gov't out of the business of picking winners and losers in the tax code.

Further, from the Heritage website:

Reid’s Unconstitutional Gambit on Small Business Taxes
Brian Darling
July 10, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D–NV) is trying to use the Senate to message on tax issues. The problem is that this political ploy is unconstitutional.
Per Article I, Section 7 of the Constitution (the Origination Clause), tax bills are supposed to originate in the House, yet Reid has forced votes on the tax-related “Buffett Rule” and the Violence Against Women Act, which was rejected by the House because it unconstitutionally originated a revenue-raising provision. The Buffett Rule never passed the Senate.

It is possible for the Senate to debate tax issues if it takes up a House-passed tax bill. The House can start a tax discussion that triggers a tax debate in the Senate. But Senators are not even pretending to legislate by taking up a tax bill; they are merely rolling out Senate-originated tax ideas for debate in the Senate. This violates Article I, Section 7 of the Constitution.

Today, Reid is forcing a cloture vote on S. 2237, the Small Business Jobs and Tax Relief Act. The bill provides temporary tax credits for increased payroll and extends allowance for bonus depreciation for certain business assets.

The Associated Press describes the $29 billion bill as follows:

The legislation would grant tax credits—which are subtracted from a company’s tax bill—equal to 10 percent of the amount its 2012 payroll exceeds the salaries it paid in 2011. The maximum credit would be $500,000, a figure that would disproportionately help smaller businesses. It would also let companies that buy major new property in 2012, such as machinery, deduct the entire cost of the purchase this year. Currently they can only deduct half the amount.

This may be a laudable idea and something that may be subject to a good faith negotiation, yet that is not going to happen. Reid’s plan is to roll out this bill, use a procedural tactic to block all amendments, then force a show vote to make believe that opponents of the bill are against small-business tax measures.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/07/10/reids-unconstitutional-gambit-on-small-business-taxes/

Last edited:
The good news is your business is growing Ravi. Continued success.

I've been in business for a relatively long time. Immediate deductions and credits favor upstart competitors. Most of which fail, but cause my business to have slow downs.
Same to you!

Immediate deductions favor everyone. You don't want the government regulating business because it might benefit someone else, do you? :eek:

Government regulation is a topic unto itself.

Regulation usually has no effect on the low price leader crowd. They cut corners and don't carry insurance so on and so forth. Illegals also are employed in the landcape world. Government claims regualtion and creates large organizations who rarely carry out any enforcement. They do however, create a lot of paperwork that legitimate businesses like myself have to fill out. My favorite regulation is the nursery license. $100 for absolutely nothing from the state. Then there's the $25 a year for keeping the corporate name. Note they won't lift a finger if someone enfringes on your name.

Get your reps to approve this:

Democrats want to push tax cuts through the Senate for companies that hire new workers, give raises or buy major new equipment this year.

I would so give raises and buy more equipment if this passes.

I know you pretend you are in Business, but any real Business person knows that the Costs Associated with Hiring and Training new Employees is MUCH more than the Credits offered. Consistently.

The Idea that a one time 2000 Dollar Tax Deduction is going to offset the cost of Hiring new workers and Inspire Hiring is yet another Failed Liberal Idea. It cost far more to Hire than that, and Companies are not going to Hire because of a Tax Deduction, they will hire when they Both need people, and are confident they will have the Demand to sustain it. Not a moment sooner.

Last edited:
The good news is your business is growing Ravi. Continued success.

I've been in business for a relatively long time. Immediate deductions and credits favor upstart competitors. Most of which fail, but cause my business to have slow downs.
Same to you!

Immediate deductions favor everyone. You don't want the government regulating business because it might benefit someone else, do you? :eek:

Regulation usually has no effect on the low price leader crowd. They cut corners and don't carry insurance so on and so forth. Illegals also are employed in the landcape world. Government claims regualtion and creates large organizations who rarely carry out any enforcement. They do however, create a lot of paperwork that legitimate businesses like myself have to fill out. My favorite regulation is the nursery license. $100 for absolutely nothing from the state. Then there's the $25 a year for keeping the corporate name. Note they won't lift a finger if someone enfringes on your name.
Only $25? In Florida it is $250 per year. And I just plunked down $2,000 for a license from the state for which I get nothing from the state in return except a card stating I have the license.

Democrats want to push tax cuts through the Senate for companies that hire new workers, give raises or buy major new equipment this year.

I know you pretend you are in Business, but any real Business person knows that the Costs Associated with Hiring and Training new Employees is MUCH more than the Credits offered. Consistently.

The Idea that a one time 2000 Dollar Tax Deduction is going to offset the cost of Hiring new workers and Inspire Hiring is yet another Failed Liberal Idea. It cost far more to Hire than that, and Companies are not going to Hire because of a Tax Deduction, they will hire when they Both need people, and are confident they will have the Demand to sustain it. Not a moment sooner.
Where did I say I was going to hire someone? Another idiot that can't read.

Same to you!

Only $25? In Florida it is $250 per year. And I just plunked down $2,000 for a license from the state for which I get nothing from the state in return except a card stating I have the license.

Regulation is really a joke in general.

Plain to see that Ravi doesn't know diddly-poo about bidness.

People don't hire new employees because they get some piddling tax credit...They hire because they have more customers.

I thought they hired because they are making more profits???

Where is the line between a "small business" and an "evil corporation"?

I just want to know where it STOPS being okay to give tax breaks.

:eusa_whistle:

I am SO tired of this tax cut for person or group X while person or group Y harbors more of the burden thing.. this posturing and pandering is why we got in trouble in the first place

Yes.. it sounds good, but it basically comes down to the government picking winners and losers in all aspects of the game.. and that is not the job of government
The one I'm concerned about most is the one for purchasing equipment. It dropped from us being able to write off $250,000 in capital purchases last year to $125,000 this year and much less next year.

It is very helpful to be able to write off your business expenses in the year they are incurred instead of depreciating them.

Why would YOU of all people be against that?

It's especially ironic that Obama chooses to single out one industry in particular, and deny them the ability to expense... period. A $40 billion dollar hit over 10 years. And what's more laughable is that industry is one of the very few success stories today. There's a hiring boom going on. No matter though, Obama is out to punish success so he can continue to reward lathargy and failure.

Forum List

Back