If you really want to help small business

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Get your reps to approve this:

Democrats want to push tax cuts through the Senate for companies that hire new workers, give raises or buy major new equipment this year.

I would so give raises and buy more equipment if this passes.

I am SO tired of this tax cut for person or group X while person or group Y harbors more of the burden thing.. this posturing and pandering is why we got in trouble in the first place

Yes.. it sounds good, but it basically comes down to the government picking winners and losers in all aspects of the game.. and that is not the job of government

Get your reps to approve this:

Democrats want to push tax cuts through the Senate for companies that hire new workers, give raises or buy major new equipment this year.

I would so give raises and buy more equipment if this passes.

Why not just ask small businesses what they need and want?

Oh wait. You don't want to hear the answer.

LOL

I am SO tired of this tax cut for person or group X while person or group Y harbors more of the burden thing.. this posturing and pandering is why we got in trouble in the first place

Yes.. it sounds good, but it basically comes down to the government picking winners and losers in all aspects of the game.. and that is not the job of government

Translation: This would be a great idea if republicans were pushing it.

No.. it would not..

but nice try

No.. it would not..

but nice try

But you'd still support it anyway.

I am SO tired of this lets give tax cuts across the board and hope some trickles down as jobs

How about you earn a tax cut AFTER you have created jobs?

The one I'm concerned about most is the one for purchasing equipment. It dropped from us being able to write off $250,000 in capital purchases last year to $125,000 this year and much less next year.

It is very helpful to be able to write off your business expenses in the year they are incurred instead of depreciating them.

Why would YOU of all people be against that?

Plain to see that Ravi doesn't know diddly-poo about bidness.

People don't hire new employees because they get some piddling tax credit...They hire because they have more customers.
Yep, that is true and I've said it myself here many times. But I didn't say I was going to hire more people because of this, learn to read for comprehension, Dud.

I am SO tired of this lets give tax cuts across the board and hope some trickles down as jobs

How about nobody gets a break or a cut and everyone is treated exactly the same with the same exact rate on every dollar earned without exception, exemption, loophole, or deduction??

Nah... for too many out there, as stated so many times, it is all about the pandering and the power that comes from it

How about they get the economy up and running and fuck the tax breaks.

To bad we can't get rid of all of em.

How about nobody gets a break or a cut and everyone is treated exactly the same with the same exact rate on every dollar earned without exception, exemption, loophole, or deduction??

Nah... for too many out there, as stated so many times, it is all about the pandering and the power that comes from it

Same old....lets cut taxes on the rich and raise them on the poor

The one I'm concerned about most is the one for purchasing equipment. It dropped from us being able to write off $250,000 in capital purchases last year to $125,000 this year and much less next year.

It is very helpful to be able to write off your business expenses in the year they are incurred instead of depreciating them.

Why would YOU of all people be against that?

The Left would just demagogue the conservatives for going along with it.

Remember this?

'Obama mentioned the corporate jet break six times, criticizing Republicans’ unwillingness to include tax increases in legislation to raise the federal debt ceiling. Republicans are pressing for spending cuts in the measure, which must be passed before Aug. 2, when the Treasury Department projects the U.S. will no longer be able to meet its debt obligations.

“It would be hard for the Republicans to stand there and say that the tax break for corporate jets is sufficiently important that we’re not willing to come to the table and get a deal done,” Obama said during the White House news conference.

It would take much more than eliminating a break for corporate jets to complete the deal. The $3 billion proposal would generate 0.075 percent of the $4 trillion in deficit reduction that Obama is seeking through a combination of spending cuts and tax increases.
And of course, the President's repetition of his talking point on the corporate jet tax break, as Charlie Spiering reminds us, ignored the fact that this was a benefit passed by the Democrats and signed by Obama in 2009 as part of the stimulus. '

Betsy's Page: Our post-partisan president's partisan demagoguery

Why doesn't everyone just pay the same percentage in taxes ... companies and individuals? Oh that's right ... gotta keep it complicated so politicians can run on issues like this.

Same old....lets cut taxes on the rich and raise them on the poor

Did not bother you when it went in reverse, and having more and more people not paying federal income taxes at every step... it was wrong to do it in the first place.. there should not have been, and should not be, anyone exempted from paying federal income taxes and there should not have been, and should not be, anyone paying any different rate on every dollar...

Just because people like you brought the fucked up system into the state it is now, does not make it right.... and simplifying it and fixing it to be where it should have been all along is not a bad thing

Forum List

Back