If you question Israel's policies does that ....

If you question Israel's policies does that make you an anti-semite?

• No

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008

I've noticed that word and others: jew hater, terrorist supporter, etc have been tossed about a lot here lately.

Mostly at anyone who questions or deplores Israel's recent actions in Gaza.

I wonder how many here think it is or think it isn't accurate to equate a lack of total agreement with Israel's offensive in Gaza with racism and bigotry.

Please vote and add your thoughts.

I've noticed that word and others: jew hater, terrorist supporter, etc have been tossed about a lot here lately.

I wonder how many here think it is or think it isn't accurate to equate a lack of total agreement with Israel's offensive in Gaza with racism and bigotry.

No one should be compared to Hitler for questioning. What Sunni Man does is over the line.

No one should be compared to Hitler for questioning. What Sunni Man does is over the line.
I think it's possible that some who question what Israel is doing are also anti-Semites.

But questioning, even criticizing what a political entity does is different from hating a group of people because of their religion or their ethnicity.

Of course not and anyone who says yes is out of touch. You can look at individual responses and when one clearly uses Anti-Semitic language, then it can be argued that this particular individual may be, but a blanket statement like this doesn't hold. It's like calling anyone who criticizes an American president or the American Government Anti-American. Quite ridiculous.

Well I've been called a anti-semite or something similar several times since the Gaza incident started. At one point, Sarge compared me to Hitler himself. :lol:

How dare you question the Jews Anguille! Being God's special chosen people, they are above questioning!

(Despite the fact, you know; God loves all his children equally.)

Well I've been called a anti-semite or something similar several times since the Gaza incident started. At one point, Sarge compared me to Hitler himself. :lol:

How dare you question the Jews Anguille! Being God's special chosen people, they are above questioning!

the thing to keep in mind is that it's comments like this that can be inflammatory and tend to illicit emotional reactions.

I think it's possible to think Hamas are acting like assholes, and I also think its possible to question the israeli governments actions And what I mean by that is of course they have a right to defend themselves. But, are the military actions they take actually effective? The irish used to bomb the shit out of british soldiers in belfast, but I don't remember the british air force bombing Belfast. Maybe they did, I could be wrong.

I don't know enough about gaza to know if bombing them from the air is an effective tactic, or whether its a proportional response. Its a valid question to ask, but when it gets asked with veiled anti-jewish slurs it tends to reduce the validity of the question.

I never try to tell muslims or jews how to feel about gaza the palestinian issue. Its way to emotional, and I'm not in a position to understand how they feel about it. I really think that questions can be asked but without bringing in thinly veiled ant-jewish or anti-muslim statements insults.

Stop being a dumbass. jeesh!

Of course the answer is NO. Israeli's question and even disagree with the policies of Israel. Israel is an open democracy. Even Jews question Israel's policies. :eusa_whistle:

Who says the above is true that questioning Israel's policies makes one an anti-semite??

correct. Do you need it explained again? Nuance and context.

Many of the arguments deploring Israel's recent surge into GAZA are disingenuous, ignorant, deceptive, uninformed, ridiculous, sophomoric, hateful, bigoted, etc...

To criticize Israel as I have often times is one thing. To be blind to her fight for survival si another, but what bothers me the most is the people blinded by their anti-semitism. Just think Archie Bunker saying he wasn't a racist when he criticized blacks.

WTF?

you're not very good at this are you? keep it up though...you look to be a promising pollster. :lol:

the thing to keep in mind is that it's comments like this that can be inflammatory and tend to illicit emotional reactions.

I think it's possible to think Hamas are acting like assholes, and I also think its possible to question the israeli governments actions And what I mean by that is of course they have a right to defend themselves. But, are the military actions they take actually effective? The irish used to bomb the shit out of british soldiers in belfast, but I don't remember the british air force bombing Belfast. Maybe they did, I could be wrong.

I don't know enough about gaza to know if bombing them from the air is an effective tactic, or whether its a proportional response. Its a valid question to ask, but when it gets asked with veiled anti-jewish slurs it tends to reduce the validity of the question.

I never try to tell muslims or jews how to feel about gaza the palestinian issue. Its way to emotional, and I'm not in a position to understand how they feel about it. I really think that questions can be asked but without bringing in thinly veiled ant-jewish or anti-muslim statements insults.

I realize such remarks could gain such reaction but that is exactly what is told to me at times. I believe it was David who was using the argument that the land belonged to Israel and Israel alone because God said that the Jews were his chosen people or something along those lines.

David is an acknowledged extremist on this issue. So what is your point, that others do what David does?

want to rethink things?

I realize such remarks could gain such reaction but that is exactly what is told to me at times. I believe it was David who was using the argument that the land belonged to Israel and Israel alone because God said that the Jews were his chosen people or something along those lines.

Stop being a dumbass. jeesh!

Of course the answer is NO. Israeli's question and even disagree with the policies of Israel. Israel is an open democracy. Even Jews question Israel's policies. :eusa_whistle:

Who says the above is true that questioning Israel's policies makes one an anti-semite??

correct. Do you need it explained again? Nuance and context.

Many of the arguments deploring Israel's recent surge into GAZA are disingenuous, ignorant, deceptive, uninformed, ridiculous, sophomoric, hateful, bigoted, etc...

To criticize Israel as I have often times is one thing. To be blind to her fight for survival si another, but what bothers me the most is the people blinded by their anti-semitism. Just think Archie Bunker saying he wasn't a racist when he criticized blacks.

WTF?

you're not very good at this are you? keep it up though...you look to be a promising pollster. :lol:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Did you remember to vote?

and to irritate my GOP Moroccan Muslim friend I voted for McCain and then told him it was to cancel out his vote. You see he voted for Obama.

The ballot had an insufferable amount of initiatives/idiocies, so I flipped a coin in order to get out of the booth without spending a lifetime in there. It came up whatever and I voted yes on all the questions...many of the things I was for or against were unimportant as far as voting went. It is funny when people ask me how I voted on a certain issue and I tell the truth.
They get to peg me as something I am not and then I try and presuade them that they are fools.

:eusa_whistle:

see? I am dante, in real life too.

ltr

d.

:cool:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

David is an acknowledged extremist on this issue. So what is your point, that others do what David does?

want to rethink things?

There are several extremists on this board.

And then there are those that fall in like with the extremists like sheep.

Blind loyalty is never good.

You are a liar. But hey nothing new there.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

and to irritate my GOP Moroccan Muslim friend I voted for McCain and then told him it was to cancel out his vote. You see he voted for Obama.

The ballot had an insufferable amount of initiatives/idiocies, so I flipped a coin in order to get out of the booth without spending a lifetime in there. It came up whatever and I voted yes on all the questions...many of the things I was for or against were unimportant as far as voting went. It is funny when people ask me how I voted on a certain issue and I tell the truth.
They get to peg me as something I am not and then I try and presuade them that they are fools.

:eusa_whistle:

see? I am dante, in real life too.

ltr

d.

:cool:

I was asking about this poll, not your life history

Last edited:

Didn't Shogun do this one already ?

Forum List

Back