If you owned a business, who would you hire to run it: Obama or Romney?

Romney in a walk.

Obama would hire union workers and destroy the plant and my relationships with my customers by berating them for not being green enough and then try to charge them for recycling their shipping containers. And that's just the first week. Can't let a crisis go to waste!

If you owned a business, say about 200 employees, with a lot of capital and stock and all that economic shit..........but you became ill, and needed someone to run the thing to keep it going so your kids and grandkids would benefit in the future from it, who would you hire to run that company: Barack Obama or Mitt Romney???

Simple question. Simple answer. Simple and obvious point.

I'm voting for Ron Paul because I want the people to run their own economy. That's why it's called a Free Market. Not sure why everyone stays under the impression that our economy, as a whole, needs to be controlled by someone....

Because Laissez-faire capitalism led to the robber baron era.

Romney. Obama has never run a business in his life. He knows only working for government and/or pushing an agenda. That is what he did as a community organizer and that is what he's doing now.

He'd run a company into the ground in no time because he has no sense when it comes to spending money wisely. He can't even pick a good company to invest in. Look at Solyndra and Obama rushed that loan through. I still wonder where the money went and suspect that it changed hands and ended up in some Democrat campaigns.

Just navigated us out of the second Great Depression and got Bin Ladin. :clap2: Saved GM, remember?

1. Our military got Bin Laden. 2. What does everyone seem to think that GM would have been destroyed and that we all not have automobiles anymore? GM would not have ceased to exist. The stock plummetted, they would have filed bankruptcy, their debt would have been dissolved, some other rich A-hole would have purchased the company and continued to produce automobiles. What Obama did do was take all of the debt that GM incurred, and dumped it on the American taxpayers. This would not have been such a bone-head move had the U.S. not been in debt up to it's eye-balls. If he had surpluses in the billions then it might not have seemed so ridiculious (even though I'd still have been against it). It would be like your neighbor made a bunch of dumb decisions with his finances and then someone else from your neighborhood came to your door and said that all of his debt was going to get dumped on you and the rest of your financially responsible neighbors. People keep saying they want us to have a free market but then defend these kind of actions. All the government did for GM was tell them (and other large companies) that they can gamble their money around any way they want and if they lose it all, that's ok because the house will pick up the tab. The "achievements" you just listed are extremely flawed in nature....IMO of course

And while it filed for bankruptcy and waited for a rich savior to come along, hundreds of thousands of people who work in support companies ( machine shops, truckers, etc ) would have lost their jobs pushing our economy deeper down the spiral.

Why do people seem to think that one companys demise is an isolated event? That other companies, mom and pop small businesses, rely on the income they get from doing business with those companies?

If your business is a "non-profit" then Barry would be your man.

I'm sorry but Mitt Romney IS a successful businessman...Barack Obama not "isn't" a successful businessman...I'm quite certain he will never BE a successful businessman.

Bush and Romney aren't self made men. Born into it.

Clinton and Obama however.

I hate to break this to you, Bobo...but Barry's been getting a free ride since he left Occidental. He got into both Columbia and Harvard Law School on Affirmative Action. He was named President of the Law Review because Harvard was having problems over their treatment of black professors and electing a black President of the Law Review was good PR. He got a six figure book deal because he was the first black President of the Law Review...as well as a position at a high dollar law firm...and a teaching position at the University of Chicago. He became a US Senator because Emile Jones, the black political godfather of Chicago politics fed him legislation to put his name on after two years of trying to pass his own bills...not one of which passed. He was given more bills to affix his name to in the US Senate because he was an "up and coming" star of the Democratic Party after his convention speech. He got help to buy his Chicago home from Tony Rezko. He got a Nobel Peace Prize just for showing up at the Oval Office.

Barack Obama hasn't excelled at ANYTHING in his entire adult life except being able to read copy off a teleprompter and make it sound great. The truth is...he was a mediocre President of the Law Review...a mediocre writer...a mediocre lawyer...a mediocre college instructor...and an abysmal legislator. Is it any wonder that he's been an underwhelming President?

If you owned a business, say about 200 employees, with a lot of capital and stock and all that economic shit..........but you became ill, and needed someone to run the thing to keep it going so your kids and grandkids would benefit in the future from it, who would you hire to run that company: Barack Obama or Mitt Romney???

I'm voting for Ron Paul because I want the people to run their own economy. That's why it's called a Free Market. Not sure why everyone stays under the impression that our economy, as a whole, needs to be controlled by someone....

What's stricter regulation? Saying that they can do what they want without stepping on the government's toes or going bankrupt and losing your business? We haven't practiced free-market in YEARS.

Just navigated us out of the second Great Depression and got Bin Ladin. :clap2: Saved GM, remember?

1. Our military got Bin Laden. 2. What does everyone seem to think that GM would have been destroyed and that we all not have automobiles anymore? GM would not have ceased to exist. The stock plummetted, they would have filed bankruptcy, their debt would have been dissolved, some other rich A-hole would have purchased the company and continued to produce automobiles. What Obama did do was take all of the debt that GM incurred, and dumped it on the American taxpayers. This would not have been such a bone-head move had the U.S. not been in debt up to it's eye-balls. If he had surpluses in the billions then it might not have seemed so ridiculious (even though I'd still have been against it). It would be like your neighbor made a bunch of dumb decisions with his finances and then someone else from your neighborhood came to your door and said that all of his debt was going to get dumped on you and the rest of your financially responsible neighbors. People keep saying they want us to have a free market but then defend these kind of actions. All the government did for GM was tell them (and other large companies) that they can gamble their money around any way they want and if they lose it all, that's ok because the house will pick up the tab. The "achievements" you just listed are extremely flawed in nature....IMO of course

And while it filed for bankruptcy and waited for a rich savior to come along, hundreds of thousands of people who work in support companies ( machine shops, truckers, etc ) would have lost their jobs pushing our economy deeper down the spiral.

Why do people seem to think that one companys demise is an isolated event? That other companies, mom and pop small businesses, rely on the income they get from doing business with those companies?

This is a hypothetical. This is the risk of openning a business in a (supposed) free-market system. You think it's not fair for people to lose their jobs but it's also not fair for the government to bail out some companies, but not all. They bail out the companies their buddies work for. They could care less about the people losing their jobs. That's more people that get to depend on the governement, thus have the government control them. The only reason they "worry" about jobs is because it hurts their electability...

If it were a law firm? Obama.

If it were a corporate raider firm dedicated to moving jobs out of the country and making massive profits for the owners? Romney.

Considering the fact that with Romney as governor, MA ranked 47th in the nation for jobs; and the fact that Obama has created more jobs in 3 years during the worst economic environment since the Great Depression than Bush did in 8 years after inheriting a booming economy from Clinton - I think I'll go with Obama.

You must be the one in the middle......

Doubt that I'd hire either one. Fortunately, running a country is not the same thing as running a business.

And he knows how to get pork too!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9S2daN0Kn8]Mitt Romney bragging about getting government money in 2002 - YouTube[/ame]

Actually, neither one of them.

America is not a business... I'm not sure why you jokers keep wanting to make that comparison.

We've had two businessmen presidents. Herbert Hoover and George W. Bush.

I think that just about says it all.

Most "robber barons" built their empires via ample government collusion. It was that kind of corruption that distinguished them (as opposed to people who got rich honestly).

This idea that government should be run more like a business is utterly wrong-headed. Government is not a business and the last thing I want is a president who treats the nation as a corporation that needs to turn a profit, or citizens as employees who should be driven to greater productivity.

Corporatism is bad news, and we're diving head first into it. I wish more of you would wake up to this disturbing trend.

If your business is a "non-profit" then Barry would be your man.

I'm sorry but Mitt Romney IS a successful businessman...Barack Obama not "isn't" a successful businessman...I'm quite certain he will never BE a successful businessman.

Bush and Romney aren't self made men. Born into it.

Clinton and Obama however.

I hate to break this to you, Bobo...but Barry's been getting a free ride since he left Occidental. He got into both Columbia and Harvard Law School on Affirmative Action. He was named President of the Law Review because Harvard was having problems over their treatment of black professors and electing a black President of the Law Review was good PR. He got a six figure book deal because he was the first black President of the Law Review...as well as a position at a high dollar law firm...and a teaching position at the University of Chicago. He became a US Senator because Emile Jones, the black political godfather of Chicago politics fed him legislation to put his name on after two years of trying to pass his own bills...not one of which passed. He was given more bills to affix his name to in the US Senate because he was an "up and coming" star of the Democratic Party after his convention speech. He got help to buy his Chicago home from Tony Rezko. He got a Nobel Peace Prize just for showing up at the Oval Office.

Barack Obama hasn't excelled at ANYTHING in his entire adult life except being able to read copy off a teleprompter and make it sound great. The truth is...he was a mediocre President of the Law Review...a mediocre writer...a mediocre lawyer...a mediocre college instructor...and an abysmal legislator. Is it any wonder that he's been an underwhelming President?

Yup. Guys never held a real job in his entire life. In fact he's had a free ride his entire life.

He's never made a payroll or kept the books.

He has no busines sense whatsoever. If Solyndra and the rest of his green bs are any indication of his business sense then forget it. He's dumped millioins of our taxdollars down the drain and he could care less.

No brainer. Romney is a businessman and I would trust him to run my business in my absence over Barry boy any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I completely disagree about the government not being a business, perhaps that's why the debt is so high. If a private business operated the same way, it'd have been shut down a long time ago.

I've worked with a lot of non-profit businesses, guess what, they have to operate within their budget, heck they must have a budget. Anything that's left over at the end of the year goes to the start up for the next year. Only when there is a surplus can they expand. Maybe we need to rethink that "not a business" thing. ;)

I dunno how many millions spent and how many failed attempts at becoming president and at most what 9% of the vote?

I completely disagree about the government not being a business, perhaps that's why the debt is so high. If a private business operated the same way, it'd have been shut down a long time ago.

I've worked with a lot of non-profit businesses, guess what, they have to operate within their budget, heck they must have a budget. Anything that's left over at the end of the year goes to the start up for the next year. Only when there is a surplus can they expand. Maybe we need to rethink that "not a business" thing. ;)

We are just like a bank, too big to let fail.

Why resort to hypotheticals (in a Republican-desperation kind o' way), when you can easily reference businesses that Mitt Romney has.....

RomneyBAIN.jpg

If your business is in-need of someone (else) to run it....and, Mitt Romney is your only choice....you might-as-well put a match to the place.....and, school your kids and grandkids on the income-potential of scrap-iron.​

Forum List

Back